Japanese Wagyu grade A5

I took the plunge and ordered two 10 oz Grade A5 Japanese Wagyu Ribeyes.
A5 Japanese Ribeye | Allen Brothers
I've had American and Australian Wagyu and while good they dont come close to the real deal when it comes to marbling.

I've never been so nervous about cooking a steak!
Plan on doing the reverse sear since it's so predictable.

I'll admit I played the sympathy card with the Wife....:boohoo:

I'd really like to try some Japanese Wagyu before I go under the knife for my failed hip surgery Sweetie... :abgg2q.jpg:

You're insane. No steak is worth that much. You don't know how to take a good regular steak and just tenderize it yourself?

I already posted the cost.
It comes to over $130 dollars a steak .
I didn't [still don't] see it...So it actually dropped a few bucks...How long is shipping? I ordered and payed for "1 day shipping" and got it 4 days later.

Ad 50 bucks for shipping.

so, $155 per steak ............................... um ..............
If I was the UPS guy, I would be wondering what a $155 steak tastes like.

I've had American and Australian Wagyu and while good they dont come close to the real deal when it comes to marbling.

I'd really like to try some Japanese Wagyu before I go under the knife for my failed hip surgery Sweetie... :abgg2q.jpg:

:eek:

That's the best looking steak I've ever seen! I have a ribeye, frozen. :(

No sour cream either, bah. Tunafish or hot dogs tonight.

Holy crap! I wasn't even going to click the link.

Wow...

The thing that amazes me?
The center marbling is as good as the cap portion.
Man I would love to buy the 6 rib Wagyu but they want $1400 for it.

Knowing me if I had the money, I would buy it and cook it on my George Forman grill...lol

You're insane. No steak is worth that much. You don't know how to take a good regular steak and just tenderize it yourself?

LOL...I know more about beef than you'll ever know.

lol....Last time I looked [about ten years ago] Japanese wagyu beef was around 275.00 a lb, I was wondering if you would mind telling me what the 10oz stakes ran you?...in any case enjoy them, they may be the finest meal on the planet.

Two 10oz steaks for $279 plus shipping.

I already posted the cost.
It comes to over $130 dollars a steak .
I didn't [still don't] see it...So it actually dropped a few bucks...How long is shipping? I ordered and payed for "1 day shipping" and got it 4 days later.

Ordering high end grub isnt new.
I've ordered live oysters from Washington State many times.

I can tenderize a round steak....
That doesnt mean it tastes good.

Even this dumb yankee redneck understands what it takes to turn out quality beef.
But then I'm not surprised that liberals fail to understand the process.

Last edited:
Ordering high end grub isnt new.
I've ordered live oysters from Washington State many times.
I haven't done it a lot [maybe 2 dozen times over a 10 year period] but I do enjoy it...your an oyster guy? I like them but have always ordered clams...I live on long island and every town has its own beach so getting clams to eat is just a matter of walking down to the water...anyway enjoy those steaks, I think mine were called "Kyoto" steaks not sure.

Really? My father was a butcher or the market manager for a meat market of butchers for 35-40 years.

I regularly dined on T-bones, Sirloins, Porterhouses and Chateaubriand (and just about anything in between) as a kid growing up.

Tell me about beef...

I can tenderize a round steak....
That doesnt mean it tastes good.

The "taste" of the meat comes mainly from a few things:
  1. How the cattle lived / was raised.
  2. The cut of the animal.
  3. What its diet was.
  4. How the meat was treated/aged/processed after killing to bring about the desired chemical and structural changes to the muscle.

Really? My father was a butcher or the market manager for a meat market of butchers for 35-40 years.

I regularly dined on T-bones, Sirloins, Porterhouses and Chateaubriand (and just about anything in between) as a kid growing up.

Tell me about beef...

Thats just run of the mill beef.
I'm talking about dry aging your own prime six rib bone in ribeye for 40 days type stuff.

Update on my two no show steaks that cost me $329 dollars.

They were supposed to be delivered on Saturday but they claimed they couldnt make the delivery because they couldnt get in the Gate.
Which of course is total BS. In the 12 years I've lived here that has never happened,they have a code especially for UPS,FEDEX and the USPS along with other necessary services.
They then went on to tell the vender that the plane was late due to weather. UPS totally fucked the dog on this one!!!!

I have to hand it to Allen Brothers,they called me back immediately today and told me they'll have two steaks in the mail tomorrow and they'll arrive on Wednesday.
Fantastic Customer service!!!!

It was so sad opening that box today and hitting the meat with my infra temp meter........92 fucken degrees and the fat was all melted. Shits a crime against humanity......

I've never had a Ribeye where the cap was to rich!!!
We took one of the caps and the fattier parts and seared them and added shitake mushrooms,rice and stirred em up and put them in a 170 oven to stay warm.
Used the remainder of the fat and cap to to stir fry some bean sprouts,carrot,bok choy and spinach.
Added a bit of soy sauce infused with truffle to finish.

I gotta say it was amazing but it's not something I'd want weekly. Way to rich!!!! The only way I can describe the texture would be silky. And the flavor was buttery.
The tenderness was incredible,made Fillet Mignon look like NY Strip.

As a once and awhile experience I can see it,but I'd rather have a 38 day dry aged prime ribeye as far as flavor and texture go.

Forum List

Back