Japanese Wagyu grade A5

I took the plunge and ordered two 10 oz Grade A5 Japanese Wagyu Ribeyes.
A5 Japanese Ribeye | Allen Brothers
I've had American and Australian Wagyu and while good they dont come close to the real deal when it comes to marbling.

I've never been so nervous about cooking a steak!
Plan on doing the reverse sear since it's so predictable.

I'll admit I played the sympathy card with the Wife....:boohoo:

I'd really like to try some Japanese Wagyu before I go under the knife for my failed hip surgery Sweetie... :abgg2q.jpg:

:eek:

That's the best looking steak I've ever seen! I have a ribeye, frozen. :(

No sour cream either, bah. Tunafish or hot dogs tonight.
I actually didn't find it all that appealing visually. I've never had it, and at that price, likely never will.

Cooking to me is a lifelong passion so of course I push the envelope.
I love to cook!!! I've made Demi Glace that took three days to complete.

I look at it like this. Ya gotta eat so why not make it as best ya can?
I forgot to tell you the cornbread came out really good.

I've had American and Australian Wagyu and while good they dont come close to the real deal when it comes to marbling.

I'd really like to try some Japanese Wagyu before I go under the knife for my failed hip surgery Sweetie... :abgg2q.jpg:

A knockoff is just a knockoff ....most of the time nothing beats the real deal

I actually didn't find it all that appealing visually. I've never had it, and at that price, likely never will.

I've tried American and Australian Wagyu.
While badass they dont compare to Japanese Wagyu.

Fucken Pissed!!!!!!
UPS failed to deliver my $329 bucks worth of steaks.
Claimed they tried to deliver but couldnt get through the gate when all they had to do was type in my name.
I've had dozens of deliveries on Saturday from UPS and now they cant get in?
I expect I'm going to get fucked on this deal.

Man; that really sucks. Those things are packaged to hold only a limited amount of 'frozen' or near frozen time frame. ARGH ........
Don't know if you have a choice of delivery options BUT I always go with USPS delivery; why?
They deliver SIX days a week, for most services & with 'express' delivery they deliver on Sundays too!!!

So, lesson learned & I learned this all years ago by buying & selling guitars. Yep ...........

Fucken Pissed!!!!!!
Claimed they tried to deliver but couldnt get through the gate when all they had to do was type in my name.

Man; that really sucks. Those things are packaged to hold only a limited amount of 'frozen' or near frozen time frame. ARGH ........
Don't know if you have a choice of delivery options BUT I always go with USPS delivery; why?
They deliver SIX days a week, for most services & with 'express' delivery they deliver on Sundays too!!!

So, lesson learned & I learned this all years ago by buying & selling guitars. Yep ...........

Never had a problem with UPS.

Fucken Pissed!!!!!!

Never had a problem with UPS.

well, sounds like you have an issue with them now; no?

lol....Last time I looked [about ten years ago] Japanese wagyu beef was around 275.00 a lb, I was wondering if you would mind telling me what the 10oz stakes ran you?...in any case enjoy them, they may be the finest meal on the planet.

lol....Last time I looked [about ten years ago] Japanese wagyu beef was around 275.00 a lb, I was wondering if you would mind telling me what the 10oz stakes ran you?...in any case enjoy them, they may be the finest meal on the planet.

I already posted the cost.
It comes to over $130 dollars a steak .

the 'finest' meal on the planet will be the one that you least expect, when you are starving & in that case a SPAM sandwich will be the best meal you ever had, because you would be very close to death without a SPAM sandwich.

Everything is relative ...................

the 'finest' meal on the planet will be the one that you least expect, when you are starving & in that case a SPAM sandwich will be the best meal you ever had, because you would be very close to death without a SPAM sandwich.

Everything is relative ...................
while I don't disagree with any of that I would say that even under those circumstances I would be all too willing to share my SPAM sandwich

UPS will get sued if they dont pay.
I never let shit like this go. And I mean never!!!!
I didn't [still don't] see it...So it actually dropped a few bucks...How long is shipping? I ordered and payed for "1 day shipping" and got it 4 days later.

Ad 50 bucks for shipping.

so, $155 per steak ............................... um ..............

So whats your point pinhead?

UPS will get sued if they dont pay.
I never let shit like this go. And I mean never!!!!
I didn't [still don't] see it...So it actually dropped a few bucks...How long is shipping? I ordered and payed for "1 day shipping" and got it 4 days later.

Ad 50 bucks for shipping.

so, $155 per steak ............................... um ..............

So whats your point pinhead?

money? go buy a can of SPAM for $3?

so, in translation, you got screwed?
no it was great

getting 'screwed' is great?

only for a 'closet' conservative ................

I've tried American and Australian Wagyu.
While badass they dont compare to Japanese Wagyu.
While I am sure that it is fantastic, I just didn't find that image appealing. I like a little marbling because we all know that it's the fat that brings the awesome flavor. But that looked a bit...um....wrong? LOL.

Forum List

Back