Japanese taken hostage in Iraq

For one thing, it shows how low some Iraqis are willing to go. Soldiers are one thing, but civilians are another.
Guess they're "equal opportunity."

On the other hand, I guess misery loves company and the US will have someone to muddle around with in this mud called war.

Personally, it's horrible and I wouldn't blame Japan for running away with its tail between its legs. But "officially" I hope they, like W, refuse to negotiate with terrorists.

I hope they stand strong too. The thing is,I think they know this is where they can hit the civilians the hardest. When people like us,here about people like them being taken hostage,we tend to react strongly. The terrorists know that the government will appear to be in a tough spot,but hopefully Japan will stay strong and hunt these idiots down.

The Japanese and South Koreans have already said they are sticking with the US in Iraq. saw it in an article this afternoon at work, unfortunatelly i cant find it now.

Needless to say im sure this came as a suprise to many liberals who are still trying to figure out what Japan and South Korea are doing helping us on our unilateral action.

Needless to say im sure this came as a suprise to many liberals who are still trying to figure out what Japan and South Korea are doing helping us on our unilateral action.

Ah, so true. Wasn't it one of the State of the Union Addresses where W began listing all the countries helping us? This should be a moot point by now.

And i thought muslims were a "good people"-president bush.You realize that they are just being"good muslims" and following the example of their beloved prophet mohammed.except mohammed would have the women raped and try to get a ransom for them all before he set them ablaze.Of course the liberal media is going to tell us all that this is just some extremist and muslims condemn this sort of action.while at the same time you will hear no outcry from the muslim community and the media will not say that the life of mohammed was violent and is a major cause in the breeding of violent behaviour.

To liberals, an "international coalition" only counts when France is in it. The deaths of our allies in Iraq don't count without French support, to them. It is as if they only treasure the opinions of those who disagree with us. Just today, Kerry was saying we need to share the burden. Sure, I'm all for that. Good luck, John. The French, Russians, and Germans all had a financial stake in Saddam staying in power, and it is sad that you base your Iraq plan on getting these poor bastards in there helping us half-assed, for financial reasons.

Regardless, on to the Japs... it is sad. The very fact that the terrorists threaten to burn them alive shows the difference between us and the enemy: this is civilization against evil. Period.

If Japan appeases these terrorists, they may be opening the door to more terrorism. Maybe a bunch of Italian nationals are captured next? Regardless, would it be too far-fetched to have Japan say they are leaving, only until the release of the nationals, then return into the country? Just a thought.

By the way... is anybody else seeing the positive point of view on this? We were facing guerrillas that were hiding in the shadows, picking off Americans one by one, every few days or so. These battles will rid these guerrillas of their base.

This battle against Sadr and the radicals in Iraq are bringing the terrorists out of the shadows for the first time since the fall of Saddam. I think after this is over, we'll see less terrorism in Iraq. That's my positive spin on this whole thing.

I think that Japan will stick it out.I was suprised to hear they were going to Iraq. Hopefully,someone can get these people rescued with no one harmed but the terrorists.

On your positive spin note,I agree.

After June 30th, if Iraqis want the UN to help out, does anybody see this "internationalization" that the Dems cry about? France, Germany, Russia, Pakistan, the UN, NATO, all sending forces into Iraq?

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
Regardless, on to the Japs... it is sad. The very fact that the terrorists threaten to burn them alive shows the difference between us and the enemy: this is civilization against evil. Period.

If Japan appeases these terrorists, they may be opening the door to more terrorism. Maybe a bunch of Italian nationals are captured next? Regardless, would it be too far-fetched to have Japan say they are leaving, only until the release of the nationals, then return into the country? Just a thought.

Thankfully, the Japanese never back down from a challege. If they are challenged they will do everything they can to meet that challenge head on. They just arent as good as we are at facing challenges.:)

Forum List

Back