Japanese 'Herbivore' Men

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Japan's young men seek a new path

TOKYO - Something is happening to Japan's young men. Compared with the generation that came before, they are less optimistic, less ambitious and less willing to take risks. They are less likely to own a car, want a car, or drive fast if they get a car. They are less likely to pursue sex on the first date - or the third. They are, in general, less likely to spend money. They are more likely to spend money on cosmetics.

Rejecting consumerism? Check.

Rejecting promiscuity? Check.

Rejecting live-to-work ethics? Check.

herbivore_custom.jpg

---

I like this movement...where do I sign up?

Last edited:
I remember reading about this movement a year ago actually. They also have women who are referred to as carnivores. In my opinion, it seems the Japanese culture that was huge on honor and high pressure for various situations is finally getting a response. It should be interesting what happens in Japan going forward to say the least.

I wonder if we dropped another couple of nukes on them, then it would wake them up?
Not macho enough for you?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXlWYdodnc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXlWYdodnc[/ame]

I wonder if we dropped another couple of nukes on them, then it would wake them up?

It doesn't sound like they're macho enough for Barney Frank.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing: I predict a flood of Japanese Brides in the USA.

06_14-225x300.jpg

Mebbe American brides to Japan. Just how appealing do you think men like CrusaderFrank actually are to most women, as long term propositions?

It doesn't sound like they're macho enough for Barney Frank.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing: I predict a flood of Japanese Brides in the USA.

06_14-225x300.jpg

Mebbe American brides to Japan. Just how appealing do you think men like CrusaderFrank actually are to most women, as long term propositions?

You could be right......you saw the pic of the Japanese Guy in the thread

My expertise lies on the other side of the fence, and I can tell you that Japanese Women are generally very attractive

aya-kiguchi-5.jpg

Japanese hippies, eagleseven?
Minus the sex, drugs, and alcohol.

I like to think of it as information-age monasticism.

Well, without the sex, drugs and alcohol I'm not sure being a hippie would have been near as much fun. I mean, ya, arguing politics was a hoot but not exactly my fondest memories of college, yanno?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DdmkxgQfpU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DdmkxgQfpU[/ame]

I remember reading about this movement a year ago actually. They also have women who are referred to as carnivores. In my opinion, it seems the Japanese culture that was huge on honor and high pressure for various situations is finally getting a response. It should be interesting what happens in Japan going forward to say the least.

My ex-wife was Japanese. She probably viewed me as a carnivore..which in the long run isn't really what they want.

And I saw this about a year ago as well.

Looks like Samson has a bad case of "yellow" fever!! :cool:

Most Asian women find that offensive, Sunni Man. Not the term you used...the idea that they are just exotic sex toys for Western men.

But hey, I ain't gonna bitch at Samson.

But what Sunni man doesn't know is that I personally know of Muslim women that have married outside their religion..

And I actually remember dating a chick from Egypt. Not sure if she was muslim, though. But she was pretty hot.

Looks like Samson has a bad case of "yellow" fever!! :cool:

Most Asian women find that offensive, Sunni Man. Not the term you used...the idea that they are just exotic sex toys for Western men.

But hey, I ain't gonna bitch at Samson.

But what Sunni man doesn't know is that I personally know of Muslim women that have married outside their religion..

And I actually remember dating a chick from Egypt. Not sure if she was muslim, though. But she was pretty hot.

I'm confused...these women were Asian?

:confused:

Forum List

Back