Japanese defense planners preparing for possible Chinese attacks

freeandfun1 said:
WOW - Things are startging to get strange ALL over the world. I know that planning is just that, planning, but why now? Why not 20 years ago? Something must be making Japan nervous. Perhaps it is their weak economy that has been weak for years now.

Japanese defense planners preparing for possible Chinese attacks

I heard something about mysterious subs off the coast of Okinawa--they were guessing Chinese.

I'm still TS SCI cleared....
Just kidding. I'll watch the news.
You learn to read between the lines when you have access to classified.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
NATO might be busy for a while!

battle ready by Christmas/New Year's... we only get half the time for the yards as other carriers in the states do.

like our motto is, we're the 911 carrier,
"whatever, whenever, where ever"

i'd be honored to go to war alongside the japanese, they're pretty effective.

NATO AIR said:
battle ready by Christmas/New Year's... we only get half the time for the yards as other carriers in the states do.

Good luck to ya soldier
**salutes**

NATO AIR said:

Nato, I'm working on you. You are all TOO EAGER to go off to war. I have sensed about you a real compassion for your fellow man and that is a really wonderful gift. Don't sell yourself short that fighting is the only solution to all the wrongs going on. You can always win the fight when you have the bigger guns.........but always remember that "persuasion is better than force". Its kinder and longer lasting. We get "set up" to believe that trouncing the enemy is a glorious victory and that dying for a cause is worthy. I say who are they kidding.....LIVING for a cause is worthy.

I know you are committed to your ideas, but keep your mind open to new possibilites and be there for us in the future. Please

sagegirl said:
Nato, I'm working on you. You are all TOO EAGER to go off to war. I have sensed about you a real compassion for your fellow man and that is a really wonderful gift. Don't sell yourself short that fighting is the only solution to all the wrongs going on. You can always win the fight when you have the bigger guns.........but always remember that "persuasion is better than force". Its kinder and longer lasting. We get "set up" to believe that trouncing the enemy is a glorious victory and that dying for a cause is worthy. I say who are they kidding.....LIVING for a cause is worthy.

I know you are committed to your ideas, but keep your mind open to new possibilites and be there for us in the future. Please

Thank you.

It is not eagerness to go off to war but a sense of resolve. There are just some folks and countries in the world we cannot really discuss and find agreement with. They are so anthema to our values, our interests and our needs that they are direct threats to us and our allies. China and N. Korea are two such governments. The Chinese have been threatening and bullying Japan for the past decade now. The Japanese have finally had enough and are rallying to defend their nation and I am proud to serve alongside them, whether we will be at war with China or we're assisting counter terrorism efforts in Asia.

At this point, the Chinese only understand force. We talk to them, but they continue to torture, imprison and execute political dissidents. We talk to them, but they only continue to rattle sabers in Asia. We talk to them, but they continue to ignore the most basic human rights of the majority of their people. Perhaps, one day, these times will change, but I suspect China will only get much worse before there is much improvement.

Dying for a cause is worthy only if dying is the only choice. Dying for a cause just to achieve honor is foolish, yes.

The goal is to survive so you can continue to fight and struggle for the cause.

get a new avatar nato, it makes u look like a nerd, get something that makes u look like a soldier, the older one u had really showed ur toughness. the alien just makes u look like a creepy gnarly guy. not a brave soldier, which is what u are. I am proud that you are willing to protect me and our people.i thank you with all my heart, you were willing to protect our country, which is something that i could never have the heart to do in a million years. peace, god bless. :salute:

Maybe Japanese want to be stronger and Invasion the other country. Just like World War II.

freeandfun1 said:
WOW - Things are startging to get strange ALL over the world. I know that planning is just that, planning, but why now? Why not 20 years ago? Something must be making Japan nervous. Perhaps it is their weak economy that has been weak for years now. Japanese defense planners preparing for possible Chinese attacks
What's making Japan nervous? In an attempt to surpass its Iraq oil-for-food scandal record for avarice and irrationality, France has announced its intention to sell advanced weaponry to the PRC. This despicable intention is thrown into an Asian sociopolitical cauldron where the Japanese and the Chinese have a 1000 year history of extreme enmity for each other. When living in Shanghai, I learned that the Chinese despise the Japanese. The Chinese are educated to hate the Japanese for atrocities committed in China during WW2. For their part, the Japanese remember imperialist Chinese attacks on their homeland. The term kamikaze means "divine wind." It was first used to refer to a typhoon that destroyed a Chinese invasion fleet.

As dillo pointed out above, there have been many recent incursions of Chinese submarines in Japanese waters. Also, there are islands in the southern part of the Japanese archipelago that are disputed with the Chinese.

While the Japanese have a far more advanced industrial infrastructure, educational system, conventional defense hardware, etc., than the Chinese, the PRC can implicitly threaten the Japanese with nuclear strikes, and other than American retaliation, Japan has no rejoinder. Moreover, the United States, the country Japan has depended upon for protection, is seriously occupied elsewhere.

Add to all of this the fact that sociopaths in the DPRK have missiles that have literally overflow Japan in “test” flights (some estimates count North Korea in possession of at least five nuclear weapons), and it is easy to see why Japanese defense planners are very active.

The most dangerous non-nuclear threat is the twisted French desire to start an Asian weapons race by selling advanced Exocet-frog-poop to the Chinese (who are the insane people advising Chirac?). Not only does this threaten the Taiwanese, but it also makes the Japanese very nervous knowing how loved they are in China. The Japanese have a "pacifist" constitution, written by America, which can be modified or dumped to make legal an arms race with the Chinese. That is a race that everyone will lose.

---

Forum List

Back