japan is now the largest us debt holder

China's economy is tightly intertwined with that of the US. For that matter, the entire world's economy is somehow tied to the US's fiscal condition, so if the US fails, it's a domino effect.

Kind of like California's economy is tightly intertwined with the rest of the US. But it amuses me to see the stupid people wish for our demise.

China has NEVER been the largest holder of US debt. Ever.
They are #3 now where they have been for a long time.
Guess who #1 is.

Well they've been the largest foreign holder of US debt for the last few years, but of course the Federal Reserve holds the most debt.

china sold off 4.3% of its t-bills putting it behind japan. kind of scary that such an economically unstable country holds the most of our debt

It's even scarier this country thinks going even deeper into debt is economic growth.

Stimulus and investment leads to economic growth when the economy is as flat as it is today. There's only one entity that has enough money (credit) to kick-start the economy, and that's the federal government. Sad, maybe, but true.

☭proletarian☭;2016490 said:
So... China no longer has any confidence in its American holdings?

So it would appear, they walk a fine line, they still need us as customers, but could exsit without us, better than we could without them.

China is already jumping way ahead of the U.S. in energy alternatives so that we'll not be the leader in that global effort either. We'll be buying the technology and all the parts from them.

china sold off 4.3% of its t-bills putting it behind japan. kind of scary that such an economically unstable country holds the most of our debt

Crap! That test Jillian posted yesterday had China as the biggest debt holder. I selected China and got 12 out of 12 correct, only to find out both I and the test were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! My self-esteem is now shot. I can see yet another month of counseling in my future.

China's economy is tightly intertwined with that of the US. For that matter, the entire world's economy is somehow tied to the US's fiscal condition, so if the US fails, it's a domino effect.
Not really. They are just as tied to Brazil. They are also competing with us for free trade in Africa. What you are saying is a false sense of security. If the US fails they will buy it up along with several other bidders. That's the real danger. The US is in danger of becoming a fire sale. Why do you think the Fed is grabbing all assets they can get their hands on? It's not the US they are bailing out. And Obama putting us deeper into debt while expanding our warzone is good economics? The Dems are going to destroy this country finally beating the GOP. Their self serving short sightedness is killing us. China is just helping them out.

And what you're saying is false fearmongering. THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SLY IS FALLING!! :cuckoo:

☭proletarian☭;2016490 said:
So... China no longer has any confidence in its American holdings?

So it would appear, they walk a fine line, they still need us as customers, but could exsit without us, better than we could without them.

China is already jumping way ahead of the U.S. in energy alternatives so that we'll not be the leader in that global effort either. We'll be buying the technology and all the parts from them.

Yep

It's even scarier this country thinks going even deeper into debt is economic growth.

Stimulus and investment leads to economic growth when the economy is as flat as it is today. There's only one entity that has enough money (credit) to kick-start the economy, and that's the federal government. Sad, maybe, but true.

The federal government doesn't have any money. Printing more dollars produces no more wealth.

☭proletarian☭;2017790 said:

The federal government doesn't have any money. Printing more dollars produces no more wealth.

You cant reach that one, She probably thinks the federal reserve bank is a government entity .

Forum List

Back