CDZ Japan has a better national health care than us: why?

When medicine became an industry in America that was the beginning of the end. When hospitals and medical centers started selling stocks on Wall Street, that was the end. Regardless of whether this is 2017, a family should be able to pay for medical, dental and medicine without having to have an expensive insurance with astronomical deductibles. I and a lot of older people can remember the forties and fifties when the average person didn't have or need insurance. You could get a tooth filled for less than $25 and you could see the doctor and get a prescription and not have to get a second mortgage on your house. Politicians, as someone said, could put a stop to this highway robbery but then they wouldn't get kickbacks and perks. It's a national shame.
In 1984 when my first son was born, it cost me $2,400 dollars and I paid cash, my last one in 2002 was $24,000.. Lucky I had insurance...
When I was born on 1984, it didn´t cost me anything :)

When medicine became an industry in America that was the beginning of the end. When hospitals and medical centers started selling stocks on Wall Street, that was the end. Regardless of whether this is 2017, a family should be able to pay for medical, dental and medicine without having to have an expensive insurance with astronomical deductibles. I and a lot of older people can remember the forties and fifties when the average person didn't have or need insurance. You could get a tooth filled for less than $25 and you could see the doctor and get a prescription and not have to get a second mortgage on your house. Politicians, as someone said, could put a stop to this highway robbery but then they wouldn't get kickbacks and perks. It's a national shame.
In 1984 when my first son was born, it cost me $2,400 dollars and I paid cash, my last one in 2002 was $24,000.. Lucky I had insurance...
Lucky you...

Lucky you...
If I´d have known what awaits me I would ended it in the first second.

In 1960 my son was born in Germany in my MILs house. It cost about $20 for the midwife. My daughter was born 1962 in the US in a military hospital and the total cost was $3.96 for meals during my wife's 3 day stay. Times have changed since then but the military hospitals are cheaper these days.

Of course Japan has one of the best diets in the world, and the lowest obesity rate to boot.

Then why do they always commit suicide?

homicide-suicide-rates-Buxbaumblog.jpg

cellblock, please follow the rules for CDZ.

2aguy, your article, although interesting, is six years old, and the article calls Japanese health care the miracle of the medical world, too.

Thank you, Hossfly, for your comments. I paid $300 out of pocket for my first child including doctor and hospital delivery.

You are 100% right about military hospitals being less costly. The VA care I receive at Whalen in SLC is superb. My eye surgery last summer cost me nothing, other than some ointment and tear drops for $8 a month each.

I think it may take a near catastrophic economic depression world wide that will change the tables on these industries that prey on the patients and make money on denying sick people care except at catastrophic pricing.

Of course Japan has one of the best diets in the world, and the lowest obesity rate to boot.
That's definitely an important part of the equation that's often overlooked.
It is not just an important part - lifestyle is the largest determinant in life expectancy, hands down. It is one of the reasons that comparing healthcare outcomes between nations is utterly pointless and misleading.

I really do want to know why we can't do as well or better: we are America. Let's see if we can discuss this without personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc. Let's be polite.

17425091_720733298108581_5341329546854852851_n.jpg

Lots of reasons, and all of them relating to the Japanese being much, MUCH less selfish than the Americans.

1) People aren't out to screw people over when it comes to healthcare, unlike in the US where Doctors, Hospitals, Insurance Companies, Pharma companies are all out to make as much money out of the system as possible.

2) Food companies like Mars, Pepsi, Coca-Cola etc don't get massive tax deductions for pumping sugary food into people.

3) People don't get told that the govt is evil and out to get them

It's amazing how eating healthily makes people have lower obesity. I've had a discussion/argument on here about it and the other person's attitude was "it's none of the govt's business", but the govt does make sure that large multinationals who deal in sugary food, get to be more competitive than anyone else.

Japan has fewer parasites (largely minorities/immigrants), healthier diets, less drug abuse, less violent crime, fewer out-of-wedlock births and no Obamacare.

Japan has fewer parasites (largely minorities/immigrants), healthier diets, less drug abuse, less violent crime, fewer out-of-wedlock births and no Obamacare.

Germany has a quite large minority population, and a not so good diet like Bratwurst, but they also don't spend as much as the U.S, and live longer.

I really do want to know why we can't do as well or better: we are America. Let's see if we can discuss this without personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc. Let's be polite.

Lots of reasons, and all of them relating to the Japanese being much, MUCH less selfish than the Americans.

1) People aren't out to screw people over when it comes to healthcare, unlike in the US where Doctors, Hospitals, Insurance Companies, Pharma companies are all out to make as much money out of the system as possible.

2) Food companies like Mars, Pepsi, Coca-Cola etc don't get massive tax deductions for pumping sugary food into people.

Spare us the "japanese are better than us" silliness....they are rabid racists, they treat women like 2nd class citizens and they have a police state......they willingly submit to the government.....and they still haven't apologized for the atrocities they committed against civilian populations during World War 2....

That's definitely an important part of the equation that's often overlooked.
It is not just an important part - lifestyle is the largest determinant in life expectancy, hands down. It is one of the reasons that comparing healthcare outcomes between nations is utterly pointless and misleading.
Well, that is your unsupported opinion, yes. You need much, much more than that to reach your conclusion.

Spare us the "japanese are better than us" silliness....they are rabid racists, they treat women like 2nd class citizens and they have a police state......they willingly submit to the government.....and they still haven't apologized for the atrocities they committed against civilian populations during World War 2....
All of which has nothing to do with this debate.

2Aguy is correct , japan is a police state . That being said , my comment to Jan Sobieski is that it should be no ones business how many 'brats' are eaten by germans . And of course , here in the USA anyone that wants to can eat a japanese style diet anytime they want to .

Forum List

Back