January 9, 2012 - Romney Has Big GOP Likely Voter Lead In Florida, Quinnipiac Univers

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
January 9, 2012 - Romney Has Big GOP Likely Voter Lead In Florida, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Most Voters Say They Might Change Their Mind

Florida (FL) Poll * January 9, 2012 * Romney Has Big GOP Likely Vote - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

Word format

With 36 percent of Florida Republican likely primary voters, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has a double-digit lead three weeks before the nation's first big-state presidential primary, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. But 54 percent of GOP primary voters say they still might change their mind.

Twelve points back in the Republican pack is former House Speaker Newt Gingrich with 24 percent, followed by former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum with 16 percent, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University survey finds. Texas U.S. Rep. Ron Paul is at 10 percent with 5 percent for Texas Gov. Rick Perry and 2 percent for former ambassador Jon Huntsman. This first look at likely primary voters, a more select group, can't be compared with earlier surveys of registered voters.

WOW! +12 point lead within Florida and a +7 point lead in S.Carolina for Romney. Looking at 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996 tells me that the majority of the republican base "may" not be as right wing as most on this board or free republic, ect. Seriously, I look at 2008 and find that even with the rino vote split between McCain and Mitt that McCain still won! While people like Huckabee and further right didn't have much chance. Same can be said about every election since 1980. Today Reagan wouldn't be considered that right wing, either. Better then any thing we have had since, but Carters fuck ups might of made such possible.

Mitt Romney is likely going to keep much of his strength in 2008, but add McCains. Standorum and newt will split Huckabee's 2008 strength...I doubt most of the retired within Florida are going to vote for anyone that reduces their benfits one damn dime! That's just the honest truth. If Romney wins florida it is over.

I hate to say it, but Romney will very likely win. Newt may have a chance if he slams him hard and uses the anger of the people to his advantage, but we will just have to see. I'd guess nationally by a state to state set up that the tea party doesn't make up more then 40 percent of the republican party at most.

Last edited:
Gingrich was up by like two dozen points a month ago. My how things change.

Better circle the wagons around one candidate not named Romney, wingers, if you want to stop that train.

Last edited:
January 9, 2012 - Romney Has Big GOP Likely Voter Lead In Florida, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Most Voters Say They Might Change Their Mind

Florida (FL) Poll * January 9, 2012 * Romney Has Big GOP Likely Vote - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

Word format

With 36 percent of Florida Republican likely primary voters, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has a double-digit lead three weeks before the nation's first big-state presidential primary, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. But 54 percent of GOP primary voters say they still might change their mind.

Twelve points back in the Republican pack is former House Speaker Newt Gingrich with 24 percent, followed by former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum with 16 percent, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University survey finds. Texas U.S. Rep. Ron Paul is at 10 percent with 5 percent for Texas Gov. Rick Perry and 2 percent for former ambassador Jon Huntsman. This first look at likely primary voters, a more select group, can't be compared with earlier surveys of registered voters.

WOW! +12 point lead within Florida and a +7 point lead in S.Carolina for Romney. Looking at 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996 tells me that the majority of the republican base "may" not be as right wing as most on this board or free republic, ect. Seriously, I look at 2008 and find that even with the rino vote split between McCain and Mitt that McCain still won! While people like Huckabee and further right didn't have much chance. Same can be said about every election since 1980. Today Reagan wouldn't be considered that right wing, either. Better then any thing we have had since, but Carters fuck ups might of made such possible.

Mitt Romney is likely going to keep much of his strength in 2008, but add McCains. Standorum and newt will split Huckabee's 2008 strength...I doubt most of the retired within Florida are going to vote for anyone that reduces their benfits one damn dime! That's just the honest truth. If Romney wins florida it is over.

I hate to say it, but Romney will very likely win. Newt may have a chance if he slams him hard and uses the anger of the people to his advantage, but we will just have to see. I'd guess nationally by a state to state set up that the tea party doesn't make up more then 40 percent of the republican party at most.

Can we call MC Romney a maverick too?:badgrin:

• Banned

Word format

Yeah, but lets look at some GOP history and you will find this is the norm. Moderate/rino's McCain 2008, George w Bush 2000, 2004, Dole, George Hw Bush, Ford, ect. Sadly, we most likely won't elect someone as far right as Newt or Sandorum at the national level.

Word format

Yeah, but lets look at some GOP history and you will find this is the norm. Moderate/rino's McCain 2008, George w Bush 2000, 2004, Dole, George Hw Bush, Ford, ect. Sadly, we most likely won't elect someone as far right as Newt or Sandorum at the national level.

One of the reasons I dont vote for the gop anymore. The tea party gives the country economic hope. But it will not materialize change. Look for the GOP to fold on spending cuts.

Mitt is gonna be the nominee. And if he wins the Presidency, our national debt will increase in similar fashion to Obama.

We fiscally responsible people can't win.

Forum List

Back