January 1; How much you wanna bet nothing changes

Well let's see. Later in January we'll have a new president and solid control of the House and Senate, so...

With the GOP... that means nothing.

They, for the most part, are gutless wonders... I can promise you this much, if they do win in November and nothing changes for the better... the GOP is finished along with America.

Well let's see. Later in January we'll have a new president and solid control of the House and Senate, so...

With the GOP... that means nothing.

They, for the most part, are gutless wonders... I can promise you this much, if they do win in November and nothing changes for the better... the GOP is finished along with America.

America will be around for quite a while. We really are too big to fail.

Sam Walton was talking about efficiency in his autobiography once. He was talking about how he was confident Wal*Mart would reach a billion dollars or some big mile stone. Maybe it was $100 Billion. It isn't important. Anyway; he put, in is autobiography a question that I'll never forget. He stated that after he was gone someone was going to have to answer the question would a gigantic $100B company operate as efficiently as it could or would five $20B companies be better? Basically he was bringing up the idea of destroying what he built.

I don't know if this is apropos to the OP but more and more I look at the country and the grotesque inefficiencies that exist in all forms of government and I wonder how much more the public will endure. One of the local government's health departments here just spent $45k more or less. Not on a new machines to serve the tax payers, not on a new clinic, not on more nurses, not on anything any member of the public will ever see or interact with; it was for furniture. For the computer group. Basically one or two yearly salaries of workers who could have assisted patients or money that could have just flat out been saved.
Obviously such an expenditure is a taxpayer disgrace and likely just a disgrace among disgraces because it's happening in every county in every state. Public money spent to serve the public is one thing. Public money spent on things the public will never see is shameful.

This is a blood red county by the way.

Forum List

Back