Jane Roe going to Supreme Court.....

Bonnie said:

Hmmm, Andy you may be on to something here :)

I would think that Abortion is just one more symptom of a social system that more and more directs us to think of ourselves before anybody else. The new morals that teach us that the worth of others is only to be measured by what they will do for you.

The permissive way we have begun to deny the value of acting morally right and keep looking for reasons that excuse people who do the harm to themselves and others rather than clearly blaming them for their own irresponsible behavior.

no1tovote4 said:
I would think that Abortion is just one more symptom of a social system that more and more directs us to think of ourselves before anybody else. The new morals that teach us that the worth of others is only to be measured by what they will do for you.

The permissive way we have begun to deny the value of acting morally right and keep looking for reasons that excuse people who do the harm to themselves and others rather than clearly blaming them for their own irresponsible behavior.

Very well stated!!! :clap:

Bonnie said:

Hmmm, Andy you may be on to something here :)

Personal responsibility, or irresponsibility as the case may be, I believe has formed the most corrosive element that is eating at the fabric of our society.

You folks here may want to point to abortion, homosexuality, and liberals as the problem and liberals may want to point at fundamentalists, gun owners and neocons...

And I think all these "issues" are misdirection. The real issue, underlying everything here is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

And our government has fostered a nanny state that is increasingly enabling irresponsibility. When the government setup systems where people say "ah, I'll let the government deal with {insert lame governmental agency to wipe your ass here}". And this irresponsible attitude breeds further irresponsibility.

The problem is deeper than just this of course - but if you want to find a real issue to focus on, look at the personal responsibility perspective and work your way out from there.

In the case of abortion, I'll say that the real issue here - the real solution that would end up making the most people happy - is to address the issue of unwanted pregnancies in the first place.

How? Abstinence only education is completely ineffective for 90% of the population - and in fact makes matters worse because it does not provide education for responsible actions. Instead, teaching personal responsibility, and ingraining personal responsibility as a way of life would eliminate the vast majority of these accidents.

Personal responsibility was ingrained in me from a very early age, but I believe it's a component that is missing from the upbringing of today's youth in far too many instances.

Regards,

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
Personal responsibility, or irresponsibility as the case may be, I believe has formed the most corrosive element that is eating at the fabric of our society.

You folks here may want to point to abortion, homosexuality, and liberals as the problem and liberals may want to point at fundamentalists, gun owners and neocons...

And I think all these "issues" are misdirection. The real issue, underlying everything here is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

And our government has fostered a nanny state that is increasingly enabling irresponsibility. When the government setup systems where people say "ah, I'll let the government deal with {insert lame governmental agency to wipe your ass here}". And this irresponsible attitude breeds further irresponsibility.

The problem is deeper than just this of course - but if you want to find a real issue to focus on, look at the personal responsibility perspective and work your way out from there.

In the case of abortion, I'll say that the real issue here - the real solution that would end up making the most people happy - is to address the issue of unwanted pregnancies in the first place.

How? Abstinence only education is completely ineffective for 90% of the population - and in fact makes matters worse because it does not provide education for responsible actions. Instead, teaching personal responsibility, and ingraining personal responsibility as a way of life would eliminate the vast majority of these accidents.

Personal responsibility was ingrained in me from a very early age, but I believe it's a component that is missing from the upbringing of today's youth in far too many instances.

Regards,

Andy

Did they ever tell ya the part about the consequences of irresponsiblity ??

CivilLiberty said:

Regards,

Andy

Well Andy Im with you on this, but I might also add by asking
how about some personal responsibility after the fact as well??

Forum List

Back