Jane Fonda Interview On Her Christian Faith?.......Whewwww!

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
But I believe people have different ways of approaching The Word. For me, it's metaphor, written by people a long time after Christ died. And interpreted by specific groups. I read the gospels that aren't included in the Bible. These make me feel good about calling myself a Christian.
Interesting and I believe very skewed approach to the Christian faith.......eightballsidepocket...

FONDA ON FAITH AND POLITICS

NEW YORK POST
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/liz.htm

May 13, 2005 -- 'TRYING TO define yourself is like try ing to bite your own teeth," said Alan Watts.
And here we continue our talk with the incredible Jane Fonda.

LIZ: Jane, many people are interested in your having become a Christian after being an agnostic most of your life. What kind of church do you go to in Atlanta?

Jane: I am searching for one, but have not found one yet. And, Liz, I am a feminist Christian.

Liz: So maybe you see Christianity in a broader sense than the fundamentalists?

Jane: I don't want to offend anyone. But I believe people have different ways of approaching The Word. For me, it's metaphor, written by people a long time after Christ died. And interpreted by specific groups. I read the gospels that aren't included in the Bible. These make me feel good about calling myself a Christian. What we are seeing today are policymakers who say they're Christians.

Budgets are a religious matter. War is. Poverty is. Health care is. Jesus said, "Look after the least of us." But there is a separation between professed faith and the practice, and I'm not seeing too many policies coming out of Washington that are, in my opinion, informed by the teachings of Jesus."

Liz: It seems Jesus surrounded himself with women and depended on them.

Jane: Real women . . . and prostitutes. Samaritans and outcasts.

Liz: Yes, publicans and sinners. Or was that Republicans and sinners?

Jane: (Laughter) I was at the White House correspondents' dinner the other night, and Laura Bush was really funny. Her approval rating is way up, as it should be.

Liz: Did you see the president's press conference before that; I thought he was floundering.

Jane: No, I thought he was very impressive. I don't know him, but I have always thought if I were alone in a room with him, I would really like him.

Liz: Well, many people do like him, and he has an informal appealing quality, they say. Jane, let's get back on you. What do you think of today's theory that the Vietnam war turned today's Vietnam into a flourishing Asian market economy Western style. Is that any excuse for the war that you protested?

Jane: I read that the other day. No, it's not an excuse. The tragedy is, the so-called enemy is running the country and we lost 3 million Vietnamese lives and 58,000 American lives. It never had to happen because they were offering this same kind of peace before the war started. But some Americans felt we had to fight to keep the "domino theory" from happening. No, I still protest the war. But if you could meet some of the veterans I meet in touring with this book . . . They are so great. They are amazing men.

Liz: The incident of your sitting on the gun, which you have apologized for — are you aware that even though it outraged a lot of people, it did not really affect your film career!

Jane: Not my career. It affected my heart. But I notice when I do radio shows, the interviewers tell the listeners that we're not screening calls. And I swear to you, all of the calls seem to be positive.

Liz: Jane, are you financially secure? Do you have to work and do movies to survive?

Jane: I'm OK, but I work to endow my organizations in Georgia. The Campaign for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, a statewide idea to help children against sexual abuse, poor parenting, school failure. Half my salary from "Monster-in-Law" went to that. If people want to help, the Web site is www.gcapp.org.

Liz: Will you do more movies?

Jane: Yes. I don't want to do a lot, but I will do some — both for money and because it is fun.

Liz: Would you ever act on the stage again?

Jane: I don't think so. I don't want to be away from my children.

Liz: With Jay Leno, he said to you that you walked like a movie star, and you answered, "I wonder why." It was a great line. But do you think of yourself as a film star?

Jane: I think starring in films is one of the things I do. (Laughter) But it's not who I am. I am, among other things, a grandmother, an activist; I work with kids; acting has always been just a part of what I do.

Liz: Will you stay in Atlanta?

Jane: It's manageable; it's a real place. People are very friendly. I have a life there with my work and my children. I'm very happy there. I spend other time in New Mexico at my ranch, and I like to fly fish. And I ride; I have eight horses. I like visiting New York. I like visiting L.A., but I wouldn't go back to live in Hollywood for anything.

Liz : So now you're a Southern girl?

Jane: Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Yep.

If Jane"Hanoi"Fonda mentions her support for Vietnam Vets again I hope she gags herself on her own words...If she is so sorry and supportive then why did she not donate half of her book and movie proceeds to a Vietnam era veterans organization...She is still full of Bull...or is that "Bison"on her ranch?
Can't she just fade away gracefully and spare all the Vietnam vets continued torture!

archangel said:
If Jane"Hanoi"Fonda mentions her support for Vietnam Vets again I hope she gags herself on her own words...If she is so sorry and supportive then why did she not donate half of her book and movie proceeds to a Vietnam era veterans organization...She is still full of Bull...or is that "Bison"on her ranch?
Can't she just fade away gracefully and spare all the Vietnam vets continued torture!

...Bison :rotflmao:

Does any serious person really give a damn about what Jane Fonda has to say about Christianity in general and her "Christianity" in particular?

Adam's Apple said:
Does any serious person really give a damn about what Jane Fonda has to say about Christianity in general and her "Christianity" in particular?

Only as a sideshow at a circus....

The woman is clearly attempting to redefine herself, she has a new PR person who is clearly attempting to help her attack the issue of her past with a new perspective in the hopes that people will allow her to redefine herself and her actions.

Adam's Apple said:

I personally do, as a bible believing Christian, because her views are reflective of the majority of folks in the U.S. that call themselves, "Chrisitians".

I can't count how many folks who call Christianity their religion/faith that have a watered-down view of the bible. They even have a watered-down view of Jesus Christ in whom they claim to be a follower via being called a "Christian".

Heck, even Mormons call themselves Christians, yet their Jesus is far from the Jesus of the bible, but some convoluted creation of the False Prophet, Joseph Smith Jr. who was an Alchemist/Magician/Treasure hunter/& Dis-gruntled 33 degree Freemason along with his very un-American cohort Brigham Young who has the blood of the Mount Meadow Massacre on his hands as just one treasonous act against the U.S.. Temple Mormon teaching is so heritical, and anti-biblical that it's hard to believe that folks would embrace it, but this dis-information is gradually given, one teaspoon at a time, just like the frog placed in a pot of cold water being heated gradually to boiling. Before you know it, your hooked or a believer, even though you started out with innocent intentions.

Christ said that there would be two roads. One would be wide and easy, and the other would be narrow and difficult. Most folks desire the wide road, that gives them freedom to make Christianity into their own comfy belief system. One entails the supremacy of "self" on the throne of life, while the other starts with a contrite heart, and gives, "Jesus" supremacy to one's life. As long as one tries to fit into the world view, i.e. Jane Fonda....etc.. there will be a need to fire "bow" shots to wake up Christians to what's going on. Hence my thread.

I by no means write this thread as one who has "arrived" and looks upon others as needing the help, but as one who hopes and prays daily that I will not be led astray, or become so stale in my Christian life, that I no longer am "salt" and "life", as Jesus has commanded all his flock to be.

Just contemplate this profound New Testament verse:
Galatians 2:20. This was the Apostle Paul speaking to the church at Galatia:

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me."

Does that sound like Jane Fonda's faith or most Christians?

Yes, many embrace the name, "Christian", yet don't have a clue what it entails.

Jane Fonda's interview is just another eye-opener into the degeneration or inroads that secular humanism, and, pride of self have done to the American Christian church, and even the European Christian church ala France......i.e. Voltaire.....and other alleged "free thinkers".

Forum List

Back