Jan 27, Right for Life Rally in DC

One of the largest political rally's in American history and the MSM won't mention it.
View attachment 106240 View attachment 106241
No media attention b/c it's the same shit every year and nobody cares. For the people who do care, plenty of religious sites will be giving 24 hour coverage.

What does religion have to do with it?

More to the point. . . why does religion have anything to do with it? It certainly doesn't need to.

It is an annual reminder of the strength in the numbers behind the movement. Name any other protest cause that rallies that many people every year to leave their homes and make a peaceful public statement. BLM? Occupy? Anything?
Maybe to some. Most people don't even have a clue it's happeneing.
Don't you think that may be because THERE IS SO LITTLE COVERAGE OF THE EVENTS? Kind of a cause and effect thing going on here. Maybe they need a circus and a marching band, hang some politicians in effigy. You know, anything but that boring old peaceful assembly. Kids these days, always have to be entertained. I blame government school.

So, no other cause that draws that many people, then?
Covering it is a ratings killer because nobody cares
On the contrary, the "media" has recast its role in society from dutifully reporting on events to shaping and pushing society to fit into a particular world view. See the declining numbers of people who care what the "media" has to say on issues. Just the fact that so many people are willing to PEACEFULLY assemlbe outside in Washington in January every single year is noteworthy and would make for a more interesting story than the latest fake news scandal being drummed up about Trump. It is simply not true that no one cares, YOU don't care, and I'll go out on a limb to say it's most likely that you "don't care" because you disagree with the content of the protest. Is that correct?

Your reaction bolsters the opinion that today's "news" consumer is more interested in being entertained than in actually learning anything about what's going on.
Meh whatever
Am I not entertaining enough? Do I need to insult your pet hamster to keep your interest?

Maybe if the hundreds of thousands at the rally decided to each beat the crap out of bystanders and set buildings on fire, they would be entertaining enough for a mention on the 6 o'clock news.

The March For Life has happened every year since 1973. It gets a mention every year on all the major networks when it happens.

Because it is a regular event, it does not get as much attention as one-off events.
NBC News - 2 stories from 3 years ago. Period.

Funny how you lefties always require lies.

Search
Hey dumbfuck. I'm pro-life.

Unlike Trump.

As I said, this event happens every year. That's 43 times up to last year. It's not going to get much coverage after the 43rd time.

And NBC mentioned it last year, fool:

The DiIulio family from Fairfield, Pennsylvania, prays in front of the U.S. Supreme Court (not pictured) during the annual National March for Life rally in Washington. The rally marks the 43rd anniversary of the court's landmark Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.

Here's 2014: Abortion Still Potent Political Motivator 41 Years After Roe - NBC News

One of the largest political rally's in American history and the MSM won't mention it.
No media attention b/c it's the same shit every year and nobody cares. For the people who do care, plenty of religious sites will be giving 24 hour coverage.

More to the point. . . why does religion have anything to do with it? It certainly doesn't need to.
Religion has everything to do with it

Maybe to some. Most people don't even have a clue it's happeneing.
Don't you think that may be because THERE IS SO LITTLE COVERAGE OF THE EVENTS? Kind of a cause and effect thing going on here. Maybe they need a circus and a marching band, hang some politicians in effigy. You know, anything but that boring old peaceful assembly. Kids these days, always have to be entertained. I blame government school.

So, no other cause that draws that many people, then?
Covering it is a ratings killer because nobody cares
On the contrary, the "media" has recast its role in society from dutifully reporting on events to shaping and pushing society to fit into a particular world view. See the declining numbers of people who care what the "media" has to say on issues. Just the fact that so many people are willing to PEACEFULLY assemlbe outside in Washington in January every single year is noteworthy and would make for a more interesting story than the latest fake news scandal being drummed up about Trump. It is simply not true that no one cares, YOU don't care, and I'll go out on a limb to say it's most likely that you "don't care" because you disagree with the content of the protest. Is that correct?

Your reaction bolsters the opinion that today's "news" consumer is more interested in being entertained than in actually learning anything about what's going on.
Meh whatever
Am I not entertaining enough? Do I need to insult your pet hamster to keep your interest?

Maybe if the hundreds of thousands at the rally decided to each beat the crap out of bystanders and set buildings on fire, they would be entertaining enough for a mention on the 6 o'clock news.
Maybe

Not for me, it doesn't.

And you'll never convince me that anyone else needs a religious reason to oppose abortions either.

Last edited:

No for me, it doesn't.

And you'll never convince me that anyone else needs a religious reason to oppose abortions either.
People do things for no reason all the time. But the pro-life movement is by nature almost solely a religious movement.

No for me, it doesn't.

People do things for no reason all the time. But the pro-life movement is by nature almost solely a religious movement.
Interesting story behind the beginnings of that Movement......

The March For Life has happened every year since 1973. It gets a mention every year on all the major networks when it happens.

Because it is a regular event, it does not get as much attention as one-off events.
NBC News - 2 stories from 3 years ago. Period.

Funny how you lefties always require lies.

Search
Hey dumbfuck. I'm pro-life.

Unlike Trump.

As I said, this event happens every year. That's 43 times up to last year. It's not going to get much coverage after the 43rd time.

And NBC mentioned it last year, fool:

The DiIulio family from Fairfield, Pennsylvania, prays in front of the U.S. Supreme Court (not pictured) during the annual National March for Life rally in Washington. The rally marks the 43rd anniversary of the court's landmark Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.

Here's 2014: Abortion Still Potent Political Motivator 41 Years After Roe - NBC News
Oh wow, NBC gave them a photo on the bottom of a webpage filled with photos.

Happy to see you are supporting Trumps SCOTUS pick.

No for me, it doesn't.

I argue against abortion from a biological, legal and Constitutional basis. I don't doubt that the majority who oppose abortion are religious people. . . However, I do doubt that their arguments are significantly religious based.

For what it's worth, I can't stand it when anyone argues from a religious point of view and when they use religious texts as an argument for EITHER side of the debate.

Because they don't act like liberals by screaming, breaking windows, burning cars and assaulting people.
They don't really do anything at all
IOW, they assemble peacefully, make their point and leave. This stands in stark contrast to the liberal SOP, which is to scream, burn stuff down, break windows and assault people.
And they accomplish nothing and reporting about it sinks TV ratings
Yeah, that's why you lefties whine every day about not being able to kill babies.
"that's why you lefties whine every day about not being able to kill babies"

I can see why people like you are taken so seriously.
back at ya

I have to agree. Non religious people like killing babies.

I have to agree. Non religious people like killing babies.
Religious people like killing other religions' babies

It hasn't happened. How on earth do you know it's "one of the largest political ralleys in history"?

In 2013 the crowd was estimated at over 500,000....that's yuuuuge!!!
That's paltry when you consider there is about 320,000,000 people in this country.
There is no other group but Pro-Life that can get nearly that size of a crowd. The media ignores these rallies so people don't know how massive they are.

Forum List

Back