Jamie Foxx on BET, was it racist?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Jamie Foxx (an actor who I like a lot, I think he is highly talented) did a tribute to Michael Jackson, but in the middle of the tribute he stated, "Michael was ours (Black People) we loved him...we just lent him to you (white people)!"

Was this racist? I think it was! The double standard runs deep! Just imagine a white guy saying that during a meeting for the WET (White Entertainment Television). "You know that Robert D'Niro was ours, we loved him...we just lent him to the black people!" People would be up in arms!

Jamie Foxx does the Moonwalk at the BET Awards: Fitting tribute? | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

Last edited:
Jamie Foxx (an actor who I like a lot, I think he is highly talented) did a tribute to Michael Jackson, but in the middle of the tribute he stated, "Michael was ours (Black People) we loved him...we just lent him to you (white people)!"

Was this racist? I think it was! The double standard runs deep! Just imagine a white guy saying that during a meeting for the WET (White Entertainment Television). "You that Robert D'Niro was ours, we loved him...we just lent him to the black people!" People would be up in arms!

Jamie Foxx does the Moonwalk at the BET Awards: Fitting tribute? | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

:lol: Lent him to us? :lol: Hell! we didn't want him! shoot Jamie you keep him!

No, it wasn't racist and no it isn't comparable to the scenario you just mentioned since Deniro in no way has any connection with black people. Its funny how white people like calling black people racist if only because white people can't get away with doing the same thing, as if that makes/not makes something racist.

That was an asshole comment by Jamie Foxx, he's an asshole. If they want to claim Michael Jackson, good for them, I certainly wouldn't want to claim him.

I never liked Jamie Fox that much, I did like Redd Fox, once upon a time. You know, I remember once upon a time, Micheal Jackson used to be black, back in the day.

Was this racist? I think it was! The double standard runs deep! Just imagine a white guy saying that during a meeting for the WET (White Entertainment Television). "You that Robert D'Niro was ours, we loved him...we just lent him to the black people!" People would be up in arms!

DeNiro is white? Holy crap! I thought he was a wop!

I never liked Jamie Fox that much, I did like Redd Fox, once upon a time. You know, I remember once upon a time, Micheal Jackson used to be black, back in the day.

That was before he decided he wanted to be Diana Ross. Along with his sister, LaToya.

Meanwhile, Diana Ross was trying to look like Vivien Leigh.

white people like calling black people racist if only because white people can't get away with doing the same thing

Actually, yeah, I think that's pretty much the definition of it.

Once again, a WJ lie.

rac·ism (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

The behavior of Mr. Foxx is pretty much the definition of racist.

Don't you recall his 2006 TV special in which he banned all white entertainers?

JAMIE FOXX is laughing off reports TV bosses refused to promote his recent concert special after hearing he'd banned white performers from the show.

Jamie Foxx In 'No White' Musicians Row

No it isn't comparable to the scenario you just mentioned since Deniro in no way has any connection with black people.
So no black people enjoyed his movies? So no black people paid money to see or buy his movies? Please!

Also its well know that De Niro only dates and shags black women!

He is funny though

It was a fair trade we gave 'em Timberlake, ha ha

I think it was meant as a joke, not a good one.

That was an asshole comment by Jamie Foxx, he's an asshole. If they want to claim Michael Jackson, good for them, I certainly wouldn't want to claim him.

I never viewed him as an asshole. In fact he always seemed like a upstanding and talented individual! Prior to this OK!

I think I'd die if I found a black comic who didn't rely upon race for most of his material. I mean, just one !

Forum List

Back