Jamie Dimon Screwed the American people and all the Thanks He Gets is Throat Cancer

Awesome. So, you can see that the red line, the floating rate of LIBOR, crossed the blue line, the Fixed Swaps Rate.

When those crossed the banksters were insolvent and the financial system froze. So, the bankers take the low floating rate and the counterparties, who fear inflation, like government and medium businesses, all take the fixed rate that is higher and they lose. When the banks lose, and the LIBOR exceeds the Fixed, the banks get bailed out. Since the interest rate swaps market is the biggest on the face of the earth, this is the biggest scam in the history of finance. I am not a chart guy, but this was an easy one to make and very revealing.

Yeah, whenever short term rates rise above long term rates, we're in trouble. So what?
Still looking for proof of your silly swap claim?
Tell me again how after a business borrows at a fixed rate, they have to enter into a swap agreement with the bank. Why? To get their rate "doubly fixed"? LOL!

Ok, Business and government wants a credit line. In order to qualify they must enter into a swap. The bank requires it. The bank lends a fixed loan, but assumes the floating rate on the swap. Swap Crisis Dollars Sense

The bank requires it. The bank lends a fixed loan, but assumes the floating rate on the swap.

If a bank takes the floating side of a swap, the counterparty takes the fixed side.
The borrower is already taking the fixed side. Why does the bank need more floating side risk?

Awesome. So, you can see that the red line, the floating rate of LIBOR, crossed the blue line, the Fixed Swaps Rate.

When those crossed the banksters were insolvent and the financial system froze. So, the bankers take the low floating rate and the counterparties, who fear inflation, like government and medium businesses, all take the fixed rate that is higher and they lose. When the banks lose, and the LIBOR exceeds the Fixed, the banks get bailed out. Since the interest rate swaps market is the biggest on the face of the earth, this is the biggest scam in the history of finance. I am not a chart guy, but this was an easy one to make and very revealing.

Yeah, whenever short term rates rise above long term rates, we're in trouble. So what?
Tell me again how after a business borrows at a fixed rate, they have to enter into a swap agreement with the bank. Why? To get their rate "doubly fixed"? LOL!

Ok, Business and government wants a credit line. In order to qualify they must enter into a swap. The bank requires it. The bank lends a fixed loan, but assumes the floating rate on the swap. Swap Crisis Dollars Sense

Thanks for the link.
It really confirms that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

The bank requires it. The bank lends a fixed loan, but assumes the floating rate on the swap.

If a bank takes the floating side of a swap, the counterparty takes the fixed side.
The borrower is already taking the fixed side. Why does the bank need more floating side risk?

Because the Fed has told the banks that interest rates will stay low and if they don't for a short time, they will be bailed out by deposits and or government. Look at the chart. The banks win with LIBOR virtually always being lower than the fixed swap rate. I don't care if you believe it or not because the chart doesn't lie. I am not going to argue about the veracity of that chart.

Because the Fed has told the banks that interest rates will stay low and if they don't for a short time, they will be bailed out by deposits and or government. Look at the chart. The banks win with LIBOR virtually always being lower than the fixed swap rate. I don't care if you believe it or not because the chart doesn't lie. I am not going to argue about the veracity of that chart.

Because the Fed has told the banks that interest rates will stay low

Great, then they benefit when they make fixed rate loans, they don't need an extra swap that doesn't do what you claimed it did.

I don't care if you believe it or not because the chart doesn't lie.

Thanks for the chart. It shows what happens when the rate curve inverts. So what?

It shows that all along that chart, if the banks bet on floating, they make money and the people buying protection against inflation pay and lose.

Forum List

Back