James Murdoch loses top job at News Corp

James Murdoch resignation and Leveson Inquiry: live - Telegraph

16.48 Media and Telecoms reporter Katherine Rushton writes: This is News Corp's version of firing James Murdoch

The writing has been on the wall for James Murdoch ever since the phone hacking scandal came to a head last summer.

It was lit up in all its technicolour glory last week when his father, Rupert Murdoch, visited London to oversee the launch of the Sun on Sunday.

Mr Murdoch senior made the trip because he wanted to inject confidence into the beleaguered newspaper business and reassure staff who felt let down after the Management Standards Committee effectively ‘shopped’ Sun staff to the police.

But he also knew his son had reached the end of the road at News International: If James Murdoch remained as chairman on the publisher of The Times, the Sun and, before the hacking scandal erupted, the News of the World, he would cause lasting and irreversible damage to it, and it would cause lasting and irreversible damage to him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/28/w...ing-inquiry-expands-to-uk-officials.html?_r=1

LONDON — A day after presiding over the publication of his new, damn-the-critics Sun on Sunday tabloid, Rupert Murdoch was confronted with fresh allegations from a top police investigator that the daily Sun had systematically paid large sums of money to “a network of corrupted officials” in the British police, military, and government.

The allegations, part of a deepening criminal probe into The Sun and Mr. Murdoch’s defunct News of the World, highlight the challenges to Mr. Murdoch and his News Corporation as he seeks to minimize the threat to his British media holdings. They also cast a harsh spotlight on the freewheeling pay-for-information culture of the British media.

You are aware, I assume, that the inquiry is not limited to News International, right? It's not about Murdock, News Int or News Corp. The inquiry is about ethics and standards of behavior across the British media. Lots of arrests - many of them journalists - and not all worked for Murdock.... and yet, the left and its disingenuous media keep insisting that it is. How sad.... y'all prefer your political agenda to honesty.

He's only stepped down from print press to focus on broadcast media. He remains deputy chief operating officer of parent group News Corporation.

Much ado about nothing.

So, it would be no big deal if I say, hacked into your dead sister's voicemail account while she was still missing and the police and your parents were still holding out hope of finding her alive?

You would have no problem if I merely got TRANSFERRED to another division in my daddy's business instead of, oh, say...thrown in prison?

The kind of people you CONZ embrace never fails to fill me with utter revulsion.

He's only stepped down from print press to focus on broadcast media. He remains deputy chief operating officer of parent group News Corporation.

Much ado about nothing.

So, it would be no big deal if I say, hacked into your dead sister's voicemail account while she was still missing and the police and your parents were still holding out hope of finding her alive?

You would have no problem if I merely got TRANSFERRED to another division in my daddy's business instead of, oh, say...thrown in prison?

The kind of people you CONZ embrace never fails to fill me with utter revulsion.

Is the topic of the thread the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone? No. It is about Jame Murdock resigning from his job to move to one that he finds more challenging.

On the bright side.... I have - on a variety of occasions - condemned outright the obscene practice of hacking phones for stories by hack 'journalists'.

So.... until you actually know where I stand on a particular issue... I would suggest you don't assume that you do. Assumptions make an ass out of you. Idiot.

You - and apparently Old Rocks (because he 'thanked' you for your gibberish).... seem to know jack shit about the issue.

Last edited:

Much ado about nothing.

Is the topic of the thread the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone? No. It is about Jame Murdock resigning from his job to move to one that he finds more challenging.

On the bright side.... I have - on a variety of occasions - condemned outright the obscene practice of hacking phones for stories by hack 'journalists'.

So.... until you actually know where I stand on a particular issue... I would suggest you don't assume that you do. Assumptions make an ass out of you. Idiot.

You - and apparently Old Rocks (because he 'thanked' you for your gibberish).... seem to know jack shit about the issue.

Why does he need to resign?
Oh, the hacked phones.

Don't you feel stupid now?

Funny how well the radical left is attuned to media intrigue in the UK. You have to admire the tax exempt Media Matters in a way for having the time to advise the president, hire sleazy investigators to dig up dirt on republicans, monitor (only ) conservative speech and still keep the left tuned in to what's happnin in Euroland. Lucky for the left the US Constitution insures the right of even left wing anti-American speech. I wonder what the UK has.

Funny how well the radical left is attuned to media intrigue in the UK. You have to admire the tax exempt Media Matters in a way for having the time to advise the president, hire sleazy investigators to dig up dirt on republicans, monitor (only ) conservative speech and still keep the left tuned in to what's happnin in Euroland. Lucky for the left the US Constitution insures the right of even left wing anti-American speech. I wonder what the UK has.

Murdoch's people hacked the cell phone of a teenage murder victim, and all you can to is complain about Media Matters.

Pathetic.

Why does he need to resign?
Oh, the hacked phones.

Don't you feel stupid now?

Or, it could be that he never wanted that job anyway (which he didn't - he did it because his Dad wanted him there).... he has always been far more interested in broadcast media than print.... and he's right... newpapers are dying.... broadcast is where the money is.

So, no, I don't feel stupid. I feel quite smart.... because, unlike hacks, I am capable of seeing this for what it actually is.... much ado about nothing.

First North Korea and now this.

Evil is being defeated all over the world.

What kind of mental defective thinks North Korea and the Murdoch newspaper chain are equivalent? Jesus H Jumping Christ you are a tool!

says the guy who posts "serious" comparisons about obama and hitler

Saying the owner of a chain of newspapers is the same as the leader of a bloodthirsty tinpot dictatorship is ok, but comparing two democratically elected but anti democratic rabble rousers who both argue many of the same points, use many of the same thuggish methods to get their way is somehow wrong?

I was coming just to post this very news:

Murdoch son resigns as News International exec - CBS News

Their evil regime is slowly coming to a close.

YAAAYY!!!

:lol:

Yea, ok. Whatever.

Much ado about nothing.

Murdoch's people hacked the cell phone of a teenage murder victim, and all you can to is complain about Media Matters.

Pathetic.
Self-proclaimed RepubliCON$ are utter guttersnipe!

They need to be thrown UNDER the jail.

*spits*

CG, how many papers were involved in this, and can you give a list of the non Murdoch ones?

Since the police investigation is still ongoing, there is no solid information.... however, certainly the News of the World (now closed down - Murdoch paper), and journalists from the Sun (Murdoch owned), Daily Mail (not Murdoch owned) and the Guardian (not Murdoch owned) have been questioned, arrested and bailed pending further inquires.

There are probably others, the above are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

Here's the thing that makes me laugh.... I've started threads about the disgusting behavior of the News of the World, and been hugely critical of the Murdochs.... but left wing hacks assume that I condone their behavior simply because I prefer accuracy to bullshit. Fact remains, James Murdoch did not 'lose' his job. He quit.... and he quit so he could focus on broadcast.... which is exactly what I would focus on if I were a media mogul. Newspapers are dying.... who would want to work in a dying industry when he has the option of leading the growth of broadcast.

Last edited:

Much ado about nothing.

Come on now CG.

If Chris didn't have that NOTHING to gloat over what the hell would he post??

he can show us pictures of his girlfriend.....he just has to get the bike pump out first.....

Pathetic.

Chris....all the little comments that you have made in some of these threads that are very comparable to what your pointing out here....your the last person that should comment....when was the last time i called you a Dick?....

oh geezus.....so now i suppose you will tell us that Democrats only embrace wonderful upstanding people ......talk about revulsion.....

What I find fascinating is that I have not once 'defended' News International.... I have constantly reminded people that some of these journalists hacked the phone of a murdered teenager.... long before the left jumped onto the bandwagon.... and now I'm accused of 'embracing' the Murdochs.... simply because I called the OP out on a lie in his thread title. Just goes to show how intellectually challenged posters such as Deception are.

He - and his ilk - seem to want to hang every News International employee - without wasting time with a trial. Irrational, hatefilled fools.

Forum List

Back