James Madison thought we should live by the ten commandments

As of this time I could care less what some members think Madison said or did not say, I will wait until I can buy half a dozen books written over the past 200 years before I know what is true and what is not.

What is important is the Leftist/Liberal/Marxist are so bent out of shape attacking others beliefs.

Such anger and hatred, whats so wrong with morality, whats wrong with not killing, with not raping children, whats wrong with not stealing.

Still one must study Adams, Madison, Jefferson, Franklin. One must study those that influenced our founding fathers, one must study the Greeks to put everything in perspective.

I find it useful though to see how vehemently the Liberal/Marxist attack simple people who try to live life as they please.

Its great to see logic and fact go unchallenged.

It surprises me that you would be so proud of not challenging the bad logic and false facts of todays modern conservatism.

fact: god promoted slavery
fact: The United States is a SECULAR nation
fact: the words "the United States is a CHRISTIAN nation" are NOT in the constitution

that you would willingly and blindly believe lies and misinformation is very telling

Your a pretty bad troll, so which lie and misinformation do you think I believe.

I have yet to comment on slavery and what is stated about slavery in the bible

I have made no comments on the Secularism

I have made no statement nor debated if the USA is a Christian nation.

Did you slip and hit your head on the floor or are you so pissed you cant figure out which post is written by who.

After James Madison died, his wife, Dolly Madison relied on the kindness of one of his former slaves.

"Paul Jennings was James Madison's enslaved manservant. He was part of the Madison household staff at the White House, and was Mr. Madison's personal attendant during his retirement and was present at his death at Montpelier. Jennings began his life as a slave on the Virginia plantation of a U.S. president, and ended it as a free man, employed by the U.S. government, and living in a thriving racially-mixed community in the nation's capitol city.
Along the way he helped rescue the portrait of George Washington before the British burned the White House, was freed by Senator Daniel Webster, became an abolitionist, gave an aged and impoverished Dolley Madison, his former owner, money from his own pocket, authored the first White House memoir, saw his sons fight with the Union Army in the Civil War, and died in northwest Washington at 75."

WikiAnswers - What happened to dolly madison slave paul jennings

"Another enslaved person who accompanied Dolley Madison on her return to Washington was Paul Jennings. Like Dolley Madison, Paul Jennings had previously lived on Lafayette Square—in the White House—while James Madison served as President. After her return to Washington, Dolley Madison sold Paul Jennings and, in 1847, he was purchased by her Lafayette Square neighbor Daniel Webster.
In 1865, Paul Jennings wrote the first memoir ever written about life in the White House, entitled A Colored Man's Reminiscences of James Madison. In this work he also described what it was like to see the former First Lady living in poverty on Lafayette Square after her husband's death. He wrote: "Mrs. Madison was a remarkably fine woman. She was beloved by every body in Washington, white and colored. … In the last days of her life . . . she was in a state of absolute poverty, and I think sometimes suffered for the necessaries of life. While I was a servant for Mr. Webster, he often sent me to her with a market-basket full of provisions, and told me whenever I saw anything in the house I thought she was in need of, to take it to her. I often did this, and occasionally gave her small sums from my own pocket. . ." "

Dolley Madison's House

Last edited:
Just a little bit of reading and its clear Madison did not like slavery. What people do not consider is the times these founding fathers lived in.

I stated the USA inherited slavery from the rest of the world and am attacked.

In the case of Madison he inherited his first slave from his Grandmother.

So as a young man what is Madison to do, just free the slave, how and into what kind of world, Madison understood the times he was living in much better than those who post the strawman arguenments here.

In Virginia Madison is suppose to simply tell his slave he is free, how far would that slave get, not very far, most likely the slave would be captured and forced to work on another farm, in the case of a house servant such as Madison's Billie, how would this slave survive the change from sevant to field worker.

Just free the slaves in a den of wolves, Madison and Jefferson understood this, we can see that our founding fathers cared for their slaves, in the case of Jefferson his slaves where better educated, better clothed, and better fed than 90% of the population of the USA.

To suggest Madison could of freed his slaves shows how little some people know history.

Just a little bit of reading and its clear Madison did not like slavery. What people do not consider is the times these founding fathers lived in.

So as a young man what is Madison to do, just free the slave, how and into what kind of world, Madison understood the times he was living in much better than those who post the strawman arguenments here.

In Virginia Madison is suppose to simply tell his slave he is free, how far would that slave get, not very far, most likely the slave would be captured and forced to work on another farm, in the case of a house servant such as Madison's Billie, how would this slave survive the change from sevant to field worker.

Just free the slaves in a den of wolves, Madison and Jefferson understood this, we can see that our founding fathers cared for their slaves, in the case of Jefferson his slaves where better educated, better clothed, and better fed than 90% of the population of the USA.

To suggest Madison could of freed his slaves shows how little some people know history.
Except...they could have freed them and then offered them employment on their estates where they'd enjoy protection from people that still looked on blacks as subhuman. :eusa_whistle:

Having a differing opinion is not "attacking".

The founders were not in agreement on the issue of slavery. Some were abolitionists and wanted an end to slavery but if they had written that into the constitution they would have lost the slave-holding colonies who's economy was dependent on slavery. Thus, despite the fact that some did not agree, the abolition of slavery was not included. Several of them in fact - freed their slaves after they died. Others remained staunch slave holders.

To use the claim, that Jefferson's slaves where better educated, better clothed, and better fed than 90% of the population of the USA is disengenius. What is the value of freedom?

Its great to see logic and fact go unchallenged.

It surprises me that you would be so proud of not challenging the bad logic and false facts of todays modern conservatism.

fact: god promoted slavery
fact: The United States is a SECULAR nation
fact: the words "the United States is a CHRISTIAN nation" are NOT in the constitution

that you would willingly and blindly believe lies and misinformation is very telling

Your a pretty bad troll, so which lie and misinformation do you think I believe.

I have yet to comment on slavery and what is stated about slavery in the bible

I have made no comments on the Secularism

I have made no statement nor debated if the USA is a Christian nation.

Did you slip and hit your head on the floor or are you so pissed you cant figure out which post is written by who.

mdn: "I have yet to comment on slavery and what is stated about slavery in the bible"

mdn: "Its not an "excuse", slavery is simply as it was, a part of history, brought to all parts of the world not by citizens of the USA but by people of a time much different than our own. Slavery did not develop the constitution but the people who made the USA did, and its those people who set the wheels in motion that ended slavery. The founding fathers did what they could and as history shows the founding fathers were right, the result was an end of slavery in a very short time when compared to the long history of slavery. Thousands of years of slavery ended with few simple words and the brave acts of a few men. "

Me: that sure LOOKS like a comment on slavery.

perhaps you fell on your head and can no longer remember what you said?

mdn: "I have made no comments on the Secularism"

America is a secular nation.

"I have made no statement nor debated if the USA is a Christian nation."

America is NOT a christian nation.

"Did you slip and hit your head on the floor or are you so pissed you cant figure out which post is written by who. "

Insults are the first resort of an inferior intellect.

mdn: "Rikrules, you have no concept of what is in the bible or what is the constition. You are a victim of the poor educational system that exsists today. Sorry but there is nothing to comment on in your post, it is a sad example of what the Liberal/Marxist have been able to do through education. "

the fact that you would say such deranged things does not reflect well on you.

I know enough of the bible to dismiss it as nonsense

and I know enough of the constitution to know that, outside of the amendments, it is mostly a roberts rules of order for government.

and I know that your arrogance runs neck and neck with your ignorance

"I stated the USA inherited slavery from the rest of the world and am attacked."

if you were not such a rude, insulting arrogant snot I would feel sorry for you.

however. the fact that you so readily insult others make3s me care very little that you were attacked.

in fact

as long as you continue to to be a rude, insulting, arrogant snot I say to one and all...

tora
tora
tora

"Just free the slaves in a den of wolves, Madison and Jefferson understood this, we can see that our founding fathers cared for their slaves, in the case of Jefferson his slaves where better educated, better clothed, and better fed than 90% of the population of the USA.

To suggest Madison could of freed his slaves shows how little some people know history."

There were free blacks in America from its' inception.

slave owners could FREE their slaves

it was done regularly

their was no reason for madison to fear retribution of reprisal merely for freeing slaves.

and none of this changes the facts:

god endorses slavery in a number of passages in the bible
MOST christians embraced slavery and considered it a god-given right
until the 1960s SOUTHERN CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS BRUTALIZED, discriminated against and, on occasion, LYNCHED blacks.

any argument against these facts is merely an exercise in stupidity

and being arrogant about your stupidity will only make you looker stupider

There were free blacks in America from its' inception.

slave owners could FREE their slaves

it was done regularly

their was no reason for madison to fear retribution of reprisal merely for freeing slaves.
Madison's father-in-law freed all his slaves.

Except...they could have freed them and then offered them employment on their estates where they'd enjoy protection from people that still looked on blacks as subhuman. :eusa_whistle:

yet that is exactly what they did, gave them homes, clothes, and food, in Jefferson's case education as well, I would say the same about Madison but I have not learned enough about Madison. I have learned enought about Jefferson though to say the luckiest Negroes in the USA were owned by Jefferson, Jefferson's slaves were better educated than 89% of the whites, they ate better than 89% of the whites, they dressed better than 89% of the whites.

Of course I am just taking the word of a black man who was working on Monticello, I guess if I was a bigot I would assume he was a liar but the Negro said it with such conviction that I beleive he was telling the truth.

A stupid suggestion, to suggest what a man should of done over two hundred years ago, more idiotic when you consider that the person who made the suggestion is not even being realistic as to the implications of such an action during those treacherous times.

What if Madison told his slaves were free but he would hire them and pay them good, you think the uneducated negro slaves would stay, did they have the education to stay, did they have the intellect, did they understand the nature of the white man that went on to become the KKK, no my young ignorant freind, to free the slaves and offer them jobs is a concept that the Negro of Africa could never comprehend, the desire to be free of the plantation would be to great.

Madison would be known as the idiot that freed slaves only to have the negros murdered or captured by other plantation owners.

What was it that Jefferson said, "its better to hold a wolf by the snout than to let him go", as in the slave would be as dangerous to himself as others would be to the ex-slave.

Naive, ignorant, or hatred of the USA, tell me which, I will not pretend to know.

yet that is exactly what they did, gave them homes, clothes, and food, in Jefferson's case education as well, I would say the same about Madison but I have not learned enough about Madison. I have learned enought about Jefferson though to say the luckiest Negroes in the USA were owned by Jefferson, Jefferson's slaves were better educated than 89% of the whites, they ate better than 89% of the whites, they dressed better than 89% of the whites.

Of course I am just taking the word of a black man who was working on Monticello, I guess if I was a bigot I would assume he was a liar but the Negro said it with such conviction that I beleive he was telling the truth.

A stupid suggestion, to suggest what a man should of done over two hundred years ago, more idiotic when you consider that the person who made the suggestion is not even being realistic as to the implications of such an action during those treacherous times.

What if Madison told his slaves were free but he would hire them and pay them good, you think the uneducated negro slaves would stay, did they have the education to stay, did they have the intellect, did they understand the nature of the white man that went on to become the KKK, no my young ignorant freind, to free the slaves and offer them jobs is a concept that the Negro of Africa could never comprehend, the desire to be free of the plantation would be to great.

Madison would be known as the idiot that freed slaves only to have the negros murdered or captured by other plantation owners.

What was it that Jefferson said, "its better to hold a wolf by the snout than to let him go", as in the slave would be as dangerous to himself as others would be to the ex-slave.

Naive, ignorant, or hatred of the USA, tell me which, I will not pretend to know.

Some of the slaves that were sold from Jefferson's estate after Jefferson died were his own children. He only made provision in his wil for the freedom of one of his own children. As much as I admire Jefferson, that is a fact that cannot be erased.

Some of the slaves that were sold from Jefferson's estate after Jefferson died were his own children. He only made provision in his wil for the freedom of one of his own children. As much as I admire Jefferson, that is a fact that cannot be erased.

How about a source, a link, a book, Old Crock your great at linking to stuff that proves yourself wrong so how about one of the great Old Crock links.

Old Crock's egotistical ass is here attempting a cheap shot simply because Old Crock is hiding from the Energy threads. Old Crock, your an expert in Energy yet everything you post I show as nothing more then a rant from an Dementia crazed idiot, where are in those threads, Old Crock ran from everyone of Old Crock's post.

So how about a link, show us how you know Jefferson's heart, give us your incredible insight, explain, please, we all wait, show us how you understand what happened to free slaves living in the south during the time of Jefferson's death, how about a copy of the will, how about a link to the will, tell us about how free slaves were raped or murdered. Prove these were Jefferson's children.

Old Crock, your an asshole, you can't debate, you run from your own posts, 99% of your links disagree with the point you attempt to make.

Old Crock admires a man that allowed his children to be slaves. This says more about Old Crock's judgment than Jefferson.

First this is a Crock of shit, got that Old Crock, Crock of Shit.

No proof, nothing,

Jefferson, a great man maligned after his death, a shame the dead cannot speak.

Here is the summary of Jefferson and the Hemings' children: "Shortly after the DNA test results were released in November 1998, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation formed a research committee consisting of nine members of the foundation staff, including four with Ph.D.s. In January 2000, the committee reported its finding that the weight of all known evidence - from the DNA study, original documents, written and oral historical accounts, and statistical data - indicated a high probability that Thomas Jefferson was the father of Eston Hemings, and that he was perhaps the father of all six of Sally Hemings' children listed in Monticello records - Harriet (born 1795; died in infancy); Beverly (born 1798); an unnamed daughter (born 1799; died in infancy); Harriet (born 1801); Madison (born 1805); and Eston (born 1808). ////// Since then, a committee commissioned by the Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society, after reviewing essentially the same material, reached different conclusions, namely that Sally Hemings was only a minor figure in Thomas Jefferson's life and that it is very unlikely he fathered any of her children. This committee also suggested in its report, issued in April 2001, that Jefferson's younger brother Randolph (1755-1815) was more likely the father of at least some of Sally Hemings' children." http://www.monticello.org/plantation/hemingscontro/hemings-jefferson_contro.html

Both groups generally ignore Fawn McKay Brodie's works that swing the weight of evidence to the solid probability that Jefferson fathered some of the children. All can read Brodie's reasoning in "The Great Jefferson Taboo." American Heritage 23, no. 4 (1979): 48-57, 97-100; ---. Thomas Jefferson: An Intimate History. New York: Norton, 1974; ---. "Thomas Jefferson's Unknown Grandchildren: A Study in Historical Silence." American Heritage 27, no. 6 (1976): 23-33, 94-99.

That she was an historian that tried to meld psychology and history into a discipline remains the major weakness in her works. A second one is here shrillness. The great strength was the research into contemporary records, and that's where she locks it up. TJ was the only Jefferson/Carr DNA donor in attendance at the plantation nine months prior to the births of the six children. Brodie, flawed as she was, knew that a good historian has to be a records detective, and she was among the best.

Last edited:
James Madison was a slave owner.

Fuck him and his Ten Commandments, he wouldn't know right from wrong if it jumped up and bit him on the ass.

Forum List

Back