James Kirchick, Ron Paul's Slanderer, Is Funded By Neo Con Think Tanks

Depends on what you think government should do.

Well, you're a Liberal, so you obviously think government should be doing more. I happen to feel the opposite. I'd LIKE to consider myself a conservative, in the absolute sense of the word. I'd like far less government, and far less spending. That was always a Republican ideology. Now, not so much anymore. There's no difference between R's and D's now besides social issues and taxes. Taxes go hand in hand with spending, whether people want to admit it or not. Republicans have been ass backwards on that for about 10 years now, and definitely since Bush.

On social issues, I'm pretty moderate. I don't agree with abortion, but there shouldn't be a federal precedent on it. States should decide, along with their residents. Like on a ballot referendum. If you'd like your state to outlaw abortion, then go out and lobby your community. Get ACTIVE on the process, instead of relying on government to figure our lives out for us, you know?

So very few people are pro-active in the political process in this country, and that's why we have runaway government. We care more about our entertainment, than we do about our country. We only care about our country when it's popular to. And even THEN, it's just people putting flags out and sticking a ribbon on their car, and chanting U-S-A! at sporting events.

Sorry, but that's not patriotism.

Forum List

Back