James Holmes In Not Lone Militia.

What also bothers me about the James Holmes Aurora theater shooting is the fact that he opened and left emergency exit open without setting alarm off! Emergency exit is supposed to set off alarm if opened, left open, or if wire is cut. While a movie theater is not liable for action of visitor on its premises, that movie theater better prepare good answers as to why its emergency exit failed to set off alarm.

The emergency exit in movie theaters don't have an alarm. Every time you see a sign that says Emergency Exit, without a notice that "Alarm will sound" there is no alarm. An alarm is not there to notify of an emergency. Normally they are there to keep people from leaving the premises without paying for merchandise by using an emergency exit.

I have never known an emergency exit (and I have intentionally opened several) that did not sound alarm when opened. And from your theory, if emergency exits are there to prevent people from leaving with stolen goods, doesn't that imply the exit is being monitored?

That's because you are confusing the ability to premeditate with insanity. Insane people can premeditate and do it quite well. An insane plan by an insane person is going to be even better thought out than a plan by someone who isn't insane. There are no distractions to the insane mind like there is with a mind that isn't insane.

Take John Hinkley. He was able to plan, premeditate and carry out a very elaborate plan to kill Ronald Reagan. He was motivated by insanity that existed for quite sometime. He wanted to impress Jodi Foster. He believed that he and Jodi Foster had a close and intimate relationship despite that they had never met. As part of his insanity, they had met, and he could prove it. He saw her just a few days ago and she said she loved him. That he went to a movie and she was speaking lines to a co-star doesn't register to the delusional mind. She was speaking directly to him but pretending as part of the movie to speak to her co-star.

Insane people can plan months in advance. That Holmes started implementing his plan months ago only means one thing, he first started thinking he was the joker months ago. He planned as the joker would have planned. He got weapons the joker would have gotten. He booby trapped his apartment as the joker would have booby trapped his apartment.

Looking for plausible reasons of why someone goes off like this is quite dangerous. People look for the reasons so hard, that they cannot realize when someone is losing contact with reality and make protection of the public that much more difficult.

An insane person would be clumsy in what they do: James Holmes appears meticulous in his deeds.

Thats not true, you can be both insane and smart. I do however agree with you on the fact that he probably had some kind of help and just doesn't want to snitch on his co horts, the Joker in Dark Knight did not act alone either he had help.

True that one can be insane and have some smartness. But being meticulous as James Holmes was changes matters.

That's because you are confusing the ability to premeditate with insanity. Insane people can premeditate and do it quite well. An insane plan by an insane person is going to be even better thought out than a plan by someone who isn't insane. There are no distractions to the insane mind like there is with a mind that isn't insane.

Take John Hinkley. He was able to plan, premeditate and carry out a very elaborate plan to kill Ronald Reagan. He was motivated by insanity that existed for quite sometime. He wanted to impress Jodi Foster. He believed that he and Jodi Foster had a close and intimate relationship despite that they had never met. As part of his insanity, they had met, and he could prove it. He saw her just a few days ago and she said she loved him. That he went to a movie and she was speaking lines to a co-star doesn't register to the delusional mind. She was speaking directly to him but pretending as part of the movie to speak to her co-star.

Insane people can plan months in advance. That Holmes started implementing his plan months ago only means one thing, he first started thinking he was the joker months ago. He planned as the joker would have planned. He got weapons the joker would have gotten. He booby trapped his apartment as the joker would have booby trapped his apartment.

Looking for plausible reasons of why someone goes off like this is quite dangerous. People look for the reasons so hard, that they cannot realize when someone is losing contact with reality and make protection of the public that much more difficult.

An insane person would be clumsy in what they do: James Holmes appears meticulous in his deeds.

Thats not true, you can be both insane and smart. I do however agree with you on the fact that he probably had some kind of help and just doesn't want to snitch on his co horts, the Joker in Dark Knight did not act alone either he had help.

Oh please, the insane are far more meticulous than someone who is sane. They have no distractions and it is usually something very small that trips them up. In this case, Holmes did not think that some of his bullets would go through the wall into the room next door and they would call the police. He did not expect his gun would jam. Because he did not know that bullets had gone next door, he thought he would have time to get out of his body armor before the police arrived. If an insane person has a delusion they will be clumsy, they will be clumsy. If they believe themselves to be flawless, they will likely be flawless.

What I don't understand is that law enforcement is already aware of people adopting the personas of superheroes. People are wearing costumes and imagining themselves crime fighters. But, no one ever thought that with the superhero would also come the supervillian. It seems very shortsighted to me.

Oh please, the insane are far more meticulous than someone who is sane. They have no distractions and it is usually something very small that trips them up. In this case, Holmes did not think that some of his bullets would go through the wall into the room next door and they would call the police. He did not expect his gun would jam. Because he did not know that bullets had gone next door, he thought he would have time to get out of his body armor before the police arrived. If an insane person has a delusion they will be clumsy, they will be clumsy. If they believe themselves to be flawless, they will likely be flawless.

What I don't understand is that law enforcement is already aware of people adopting the personas of superheroes. People are wearing costumes and imagining themselves crime fighters. But, no one ever thought that with the superhero would also come the supervillian. It seems very shortsighted to me.

I thought Holmes wanted to be caught by the police, he told the arresting officers about the bomb in his apartment initially because he wanted the first responders to go to his apartment and have them blown up. I could be wrong about him having help but I have a feeling there were others involved, I don't know why.

Some allege that buying 4 high-powered guns and acquiring 6,000-rounds of ammunitions is not enough to raise red flag. ...

I shop at grocery store and they know what I bought;
I check-out book from library and they know what I am reading;
I visit website and they know who I visited;
I view online merchant and they immediately start sending me popups of items I am viewing;
I buy car and insurance companies all start contacting me;
I graduate from college and banks all start sending me credit cards; etc.

(Sighs) Only a matter of time before we find that James Holmes did not act alone.

You keep making the wrong conclusions. While the internet retailer might have collected your information electronically, no one has reported that information to any central authority. Check out a book from the library and the library knows what you are reading, but Kindle doesn't. If anything, Holmes would be getting adverts from other ammo makers who BUY the client lists of one another. Lists of college grads are for sale to everyone with the price of purchase. Holmes was quite clever. None of his purchases was large enough to ring a bell to anyone. They were small and spread out over a long period of time.

I made reference to both private and government entities and very aware of the difference between the two in my statement. In all the incidents mentioned above, "THEY" also included government entities:

I once made an Rx inquiry on behalf of an elderly via email and interestingly, days later, a also received online information from official branches of US health affiliates on item I had made query about! Hello?

I shop at grocery store and THEY know what I bought;
I check-out book from library and THEY know what I am reading;
I visit website and THEY know who I visited;
I view online merchant and THEY immediately start sending me popups of items I am viewing;
I graduate from college and banks all start sending me credit cards;
I send email and THEY also send me unsolicitated information, etc.

(Sighs) Only a matter of time before we find that James Holmes did not act alone

I thought Holmes wanted to be caught by the police, he told the arresting officers about the bomb in his apartment initially because he wanted the first responders to go to his apartment and have them blown up. I could be wrong about him having help but I have a feeling there were others involved, I don't know why.

There was no one else involved. The movie Joker had help because they were all pulling off heists and expecting to share in the proceeds. Holmes might have had help if he promoted some kind of political agenda like the Weathermen had help in the 60s.

He's not fighting capitalism, he's not robbing. Having "help" because they adopted his fantasy about being a cartoon character is really not within the realm of possibility. It might be possible if someone had an equal delusion of being The Penguin, or Bane or even Lex Luthor!

Holmes has been a Batman enthusiast for a long time, long predating his break. He had a lot of memorabilia. Posters and pictures. Likely he had a DVD of The Dark Knight and watched it over and over.

This isn't so very different from the slew of suicides that occurred after Avatar where people went to the movie a dozen times and couldn't deal with the reality of Pandora not being real.

You are correct that James Holmes lead officers to traps. He originally told officers upon his arrest that he had explosives in his car (which was unture). I think he also either informed officers his apartment was rigged or the officers simply suspected explosives were in his residence after none were found in his car.

There was no one else involved. The movie Joker had help because they were all pulling off heists and expecting to share in the proceeds. Holmes might have had help if he promoted some kind of political agenda like the Weathermen had help in the 60s.

He's not fighting capitalism, he's not robbing. Having "help" because they adopted his fantasy about being a cartoon character is really not within the realm of possibility. It might be possible if someone had an equal delusion of being The Penguin, or Bane or even Lex Luthor!

Holmes has been a Batman enthusiast for a long time, long predating his break. He had a lot of memorabilia. Posters and pictures. Likely he had a DVD of The Dark Knight and watched it over and over.

This isn't so very different from the slew of suicides that occurred after Avatar where people went to the movie a dozen times and couldn't deal with the reality of Pandora not being real.

Hmm never heard of the Avatar suicides. Your probably right about Holmes acting alone I just have a feeling theres something else there, I'm probably wrong.

You are correct that James Holmes lead officers to traps. He originally told officers upon his arrest that he had explosives in his car (which was unture). I think he also either informed officers his apartment was rigged or the officers simply suspected explosives were in his residence after none were found in his car.

I remember in the movie Dark Knight the Joker let himself be caught on purpose so he could lead people to traps, thats probably the model Holmes wanted to follow. With all the choas in the theatre he could have easily slipped away if thats what he wanted.

Katzndogz, you are omitting the financial aspect of this situation: Graduate students normally do not have the money James Holmes had to spend in acquiring his 4 guns and 6,000-rounds of ammos. While James Holmes appears to have come from a middle class family and receives scholarship, one would still have to explain his financial capabilities.

Few days ago, 24-year-old graduate student, James Holmes, shot and killed 12 people and over 50 wounded in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado. With all the speculations on this tragedy, I am of the opinion that James Holmes is not a lone militia:

James Holmes bobby-trapped his apartment, acquired 4 guns and about 6,000 rounds of ammunitions, went in and out of theater with weapons via exit without setting alarm, and after shooting rampage, calmly sat and waited to be arrested by law officers. Just too many oddities for my comfort.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/u...showing-batman-movie.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

While it is very possible for anyone without a criminal background to obtain 4 guns, I find it hard to believe that someone acquired 6,000 rounds of ammunitions without setting an alarm or raising suspicion (when my mails are read daily by government goons and I cannot enter a courthouse in Texas without being asked to take off my shoes or remove my belt!

We all know what an opinion is but the facts are stilll not known. You can all the ammo you can carry at a gun show and on the internet we are not set up for this to ring a bell and it ought to be. Lets get the facts and then decide how to proceed.

Few days ago, 24-year-old graduate student, James Holmes, shot and killed 12 people and over 50 wounded in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado. With all the speculations on this tragedy, I am of the opinion that James Holmes is not a lone militia:

James Holmes bobby-trapped his apartment, acquired 4 guns and about 6,000 rounds of ammunitions, went in and out of theater with weapons via exit without setting alarm, and after shooting rampage, calmly sat and waited to be arrested by law officers. Just too many oddities for my comfort.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/u...showing-batman-movie.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

While it is very possible for anyone without a criminal background to obtain 4 guns, I find it hard to believe that someone acquired 6,000 rounds of ammunitions without setting an alarm or raising suspicion (when my mails are read daily by government goons and I cannot enter a courthouse in Texas without being asked to take off my shoes or remove my belt!

We all know what an opinion is but the facts are stilll not known. You can all the ammo you can carry at a gun show and on the internet we are not set up for this to ring a bell and it ought to be. Lets get the facts and then decide how to proceed.

I am very aware of Turtleville folks - slow to think - like you. Take all the time you need; but some of us are way ahead.

I once made an Rx inquiry on behalf of an elderly via email and interestingly, days later, a also received online information from official branches of US health affiliates on item I had made query about! Hello?

I shop at grocery store and THEY know what I bought;
I check-out book from library and THEY know what I am reading;
I visit website and THEY know who I visited;
I view online merchant and THEY immediately start sending me popups of items I am viewing;
I graduate from college and banks all start sending me credit cards;
I send email and THEY also send me unsolicitated information, etc.

I here make reference to both private and government entities and very aware of the difference between the two in my above statement. In all the incidents mentioned above, "THEY" also included government entities.

(Sighs) Only a matter of time before we find that James Holmes did not act alone.

Katzndogz, you are omitting the financial aspect of this situation: Graduate students normally do not have the money James Holmes had to spend in acquiring his 4 guns and 6,000-rounds of ammos. While James Holmes appears to have come from a middle class family and receives scholarship, one would still have to explain his financial capabilities.

Initially that was a question I had. Where the hell did he get the money?

Asked and answered. He had a $26,000 grant from the federal government as a scientist. He also had a monthly stipend from the school to conduct research. Money wasn't his problem.

Know what really sucks? USMB attracts dumbies. His guns weren't out in the open, he concealed them within his costume. Do your fucking homework. That's all you had to do, was google. Couldn't even do that.

While it is very possible for anyone without a criminal background to obtain 4 guns, I find it hard to believe that someone acquired 6,000 rounds of ammunition without setting an alarm or raising suspicion (when my mails are read daily by government goons and I cannot enter a courthouse in Texas without being asked to take off my shoes or remove my belt!

Know what really sucks? USMB attracts dumbies. His guns weren't out in the open, he concealed them within his costume. Do your fucking homework. That's all you had to do, was google. Couldn't even do that.

ItsjustmeIthink, only an insane dimwit would say what you just stated above. Below are images of the weapons or their equivalent used by loony James Holmes:

.40 Caliber - Academy - GLOCK 27 .40 Caliber Safe-Action Pistol

22 Pistol - https://www.google.com/search?q=22+...sDYKu8QT75IDwCQ&ved=0CG4QsAQ&biw=1022&bih=488

AR-15 - AR-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

870 - https://www.google.com/search?q=870...O-nJ4fe9ATO4YA4&ved=0CGcQsAQ&biw=1022&bih=488

http://themoderatevoice.com/153833/the-weaponry-james-holmes-used-ar15-glock-40-cal-remington-870/

Can you image just how weird James Holmes must have looked with all these weapons under his clothing?

You are however correct that USMB attracts dummies; and you are top on the list. And I see your pea-sized brain could not even come close to explaining why theater emergency exit was left open and no one took action.

Last edited:
They weren't under his clothing. They were concealed just outside the emergency exit door.

The emergency exit door wasn't left open. It can only be opened from the inside, which is why he had to prop it open. Otherwise he would have been locked out.

Last edited:
Dude... I bought 6000rds of ammunition -from the federal government - last year.
That you 'cannot imagine' this only illustrates how little you know about the subject.

I almost posted something about this earlier this week. On Facebook, someone sent me an article about a conspiracy theory that James Holmes did not act alone.

I believe that we will be hearing more and more about this. We have the Grassy Knoll people, the fake moon landing people, the birthers, and the truthers. What will we call these people?

Forum List

Back