James Gandolfini, Star of the Sopranos dead at 51

A sales rep for a pacemaker company once told me men's heart-attack season is 45-55. If you have one earlier than that, it's almost always fatal. One after that isn't usually fatal because the heart has made allowances for the wear and tear it's suffered. Between 45-55, it's a crap-shoot. He said men of that age should always carry a couple aspirins and hope for the best.
mellow_zpsb3da8239.png

I'll be 56 in nine days, keeping the aspirin close by!!!!!

A sales rep for a pacemaker company once told me men's heart-attack season is 45-55. If you have one earlier than that, it's almost always fatal. One after that isn't usually fatal because the heart has made allowances for the wear and tear it's suffered. Between 45-55, it's a crap-shoot. He said men of that age should always carry a couple aspirins and hope for the best.
mellow_zpsb3da8239.png

I'll be 56 in nine days, keeping the aspirin close by!!!!!

laugh_zpse50e200a.png

I'm almost 66....all downhill for me now. :eusa_angel:

Not sure if you've ever seen this, Noosie (and everyone) but I thought I'd drop it here for all the James G fans. It's worth the 45 minute watch.

James Gandolfini On 'Inside The Actor's Studio'

James Gandolfini On 'Inside The Actor's Studio' Is A Must-Watch (VIDEO)

That was a remarkable look at Gandolfini....humble, smart, funny, and always the undercurrent that he was a dangerous man to piss off. I know we agree on nothing but we would both agree he will be missed.

Thanks! :eusa_angel:

Not sure if you've ever seen this, Noosie (and everyone) but I thought I'd drop it here for all the James G fans. It's worth the 45 minute watch.

James Gandolfini On 'Inside The Actor's Studio'

James Gandolfini On 'Inside The Actor's Studio' Is A Must-Watch (VIDEO)

That was a remarkable look at Gandolfini....humble, smart, funny, and always the undercurrent that he was a dangerous man to piss off. I know we agree on nothing but we would both agree he will be missed.

Thanks! :eusa_angel:

Towards the end, I really liked this question and answer:

Lipton: If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

James G: Take over for awhile, I'll be right back.

:lol:

Lipton: If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

I liked it the way he said he was told by a good fella that a mob boss never wears shorts in public. :lol:

I liked it the way he said he was told by a good fella that a mob boss never wears shorts in public. :lol:

I remember him wearing those shorts. New wave mob boss..

The best tribute to "The Sopranos" came from the rackets boys themselves....they loved that show and were heard raving about the show's accurate portrayals on FBI wiretaps. I was in a pickle at the end for dropping cable because of our local pirate's monopoly on the market and my dish being blown off my roof a year earlier during a nasty monsoon storm. Luckily my ex-girlfriend took pity on me and sent the last two episodes on VHS tapes.....nice of her but I can't say I liked the ending.
yawn.gif

I just saw an evaluation of the ending when it suddenly fades to black it means the guy that came out of the bathroom shot Tony in the head.

Page 1 | The Sopranos: Definitive Explanation of "The END"

The fact that he got so many roles after being indentified with such a strong character is a testimony to his talent. My favorite role of his was the character he played in True Romance.

Sopranos, probably the best TV series ever and he was good in everything I saw him in.
Best Cable series for sure! My Wife and I loved watching every show.

BUT - look at him. Overweight, smoker and probably a meat eater. Why do we dig our own graves with a fork? Its not like we don't know that eating meat and smoking will shorten our lives. He was only 51yo. My own dad died at the age of 54 after a lifetime of a meat based diet and smoking. A few days ago was the anniversary of his death - Father's Day.
I consume eggs and meat every day but my Doctor is always amazed at my healthy Blood Work Numbers and I'm always happy to explain it to him.

Reason being is that I don't eat bread or pasta, sugar, processed carbohydrates and pre-processed meat like bologna. That stuff is like a slow poison and will kill you, sooner or later. I don't eat ANY Fast Food either.

there is nothing wrong with eating a good whole grain bread and pasta is not as bad as people seem to think....just dont overeat....

The best tribute to "The Sopranos" came from the rackets boys themselves....they loved that show and were heard raving about the show's accurate portrayals on FBI wiretaps. I was in a pickle at the end for dropping cable because of our local pirate's monopoly on the market and my dish being blown off my roof a year earlier during a nasty monsoon storm. Luckily my ex-girlfriend took pity on me and sent the last two episodes on VHS tapes.....nice of her but I can't say I liked the ending.
yawn.gif

I just saw an evaluation of the ending when it suddenly fades to black it means the guy that came out of the bathroom shot Tony in the head.

Page 1 | The Sopranos: Definitive Explanation of "The END"

They were going to do a film of The Sopranos, but scrapped it because Gandolfini wanted too much money. Unless they were going to do a prequal, it would not make sense for Tony to have died.

Forum List

Back