CDZ James Cameron, Gal Gidot, and attractive female action heroes.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Cameron was complaining that Gal Gidot as Wonder Woman was nothing more than a woman being objectified....

The problem I have with this idea is that Sarah Conner, his female action lead, turned into a man in order to be his version of the feminist truth.......right?

I prefer Gal Gidot, and the earlier Sarah Conner from the first movie. Women don't have to look and act like men to be female action stars.....

James Cameron Slams 'Wonder Woman' AGAIN: Gal Gadot 'Was Miss Israel'; An 'Objectified Icon'

Asked if he stood by his statement that Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was playing just another "objectified icon" and thus a "step backward" for female leads, Cameron said emphatically, "Yes."

I prefer Gal Gidot, and the earlier Sarah Conner from the first movie. Women don't have to look and act like men to be female action stars..."

Only you would think this Sarah Conner doesn't look like a woman.

upload_2017-9-27_15-40-48.jpeg

images

What is this- the third thread you have started complaining about female action stars?

Cameron was complaining that Gal Gidot as Wonder Woman was nothing more than a woman being objectified....

The problem I have with this idea is that Sarah Conner, his female action lead, turned into a man in order to be his version of the feminist truth.......right?

I prefer Gal Gidot, and the earlier Sarah Conner from the first movie. Women don't have to look and act like men to be female action stars.....

James Cameron Slams 'Wonder Woman' AGAIN: Gal Gadot 'Was Miss Israel'; An 'Objectified Icon'

Asked if he stood by his statement that Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was playing just another "objectified icon" and thus a "step backward" for female leads, Cameron said emphatically, "Yes."

I am not sure what you think we are supposed to be debating.

If it is your position that Sarah Conner turned into a man in Terminator 2, then it will be a short debate.

Since Cameron disagrees with you.

Cameron pointed to Linda Hamilton's role of Sarah Connor in his Terminator films as an example of a character who defied gendered stereotypes. "She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit," Cameron said at the time. "And to me, [the benefits of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!"

Cameron's statements in his new interview with The Hollywood Reporter echo these beliefs. "Linda looked great," he said. "She just wasn't treated as a sex object. There was nothing sexual about her character. It was about angst, it was about will, it was about determination. She was crazy, she was complicated. … She wasn't there to be liked or ogled, but she was central, and the audience loved her by the end of the film.

I loved Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman- and I loved Linda Hamilton in the Terminator movies. There is plenty of room for both types of heroes.

I prefer Gal Gidot, and the earlier Sarah Conner from the first movie. Women don't have to look and act like men to be female action stars..."

Only you would think this Sarah Conner doesn't look like a woman.

View attachment 151692

images

What is this- the third thread you have started complaining about female action stars?

She looks like a man. I don't think women have to become men in order to be an action star.

If it is your position that Sarah Conner turned into a man in Terminator 2, then it will be a short debate.

Cameron pointed to Linda Hamilton's role of Sarah Connor in his Terminator films as an example of a character who defied gendered stereotypes. "She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit," Cameron said at the time. "And to me, [the benefits of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!"

Cameron's statements in his new interview with The Hollywood Reporter echo these beliefs. "Linda looked great," he said. "She just wasn't treated as a sex object. There was nothing sexual about her character. It was about angst, it was about will, it was about determination. She was crazy, she was complicated. … She wasn't there to be liked or ogled, but she was central, and the audience loved her by the end of the film.

I loved Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman- and I loved Linda Hamilton in the Terminator movies. There is plenty of room for both types of heroes.

I didn't say there wasn't room, I stated that feminism wants women to become more man like.....that is his problem.

I didn't say there wasn't room, I stated that feminism wants women to become more man like.....that is his problem.

Whose problem? Cameron is saying he doesn't think women need to be treated as a sex object in order to be a female character- or a strong female character.

What makes you think that Sarah Conner in Terminator 2 was 'more man like'?

Wearing pants? Or carrying a gun?
upload_2017-9-27_15-40-48-jpeg.151692

Whose problem? Cameron is saying he doesn't think women need to be treated as a sex object in order to be a female character- or a strong female character.

He doesn't even try to make his female leads female, let alone sex objects.

Yeah.....you see her like that, and the way she acted in the movie and tell me she wasn't more man than woman.

He doesn't even try to make his female leads female, let alone sex objects.

Yeah.....you see her like that, and the way she acted in the movie and tell me she wasn't more man than woman.
Upset many a capable woman by threatening her kids and see what kind of beast you are dealing with.

Also that is a gal totally uninterested in turning us on, she has other things to worry about, the fate of mankind for one.

For 20 years I have known gals who end up on "mens" recreational roller hockey teams. Most are a bit more muscular than average. Some are better than me. But they're still women.

You're better than that. Just because Sarah Connor wasn't made into a teenage sex symbol doesn't mean she was a man.

Gal Gadot ... makes me feel like climbing the rope in gym class.

1b5c8683923fa396ba76db93b9518b21.jpg

Who cares?

Just enjoy them on the screen.

Me, I just want to look at them, take Tabrett Bethell for instance...

MV5BMjE3NzY2NzI4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEyMTcwNw@@._V1_.jpg

I could look at her all day, yet she plays a Mord-Sith in Terry Goodkind's Legend of the Seeker and her action scenes are pretty intense.

55d48650cd6b934ad5079e5e274fcb89.jpg

Umm....yeah....what was I saying?

Forum List

Back