James Cameron "Avatar" planet Pandora = Garden of Eden?

^Very true, unfortunately.
"Sky people cannot learn, they do not see! - Neytiri from Avatar

quoting fictitious wisdom from a thing that never existed.

:lol:

besides, that was all part of the politics of the movie.

since you missed it;

corporations are evil and will kill off the locals for money.
Liberals will overcome evul by begging nature to kill for them

It was a plain as day

@ Two Thumbs - I think you're overanalyzing it. Cameron was just saying that humans, by their very nature are greedy em-effers. But if they let go of the greed, "get lost in the woods" for a while, as one character said...and remember what matters most in life, (other people, environment, happiness etc) they too can be happier. :)

Anyway, that's what I took from it. I like to see positive messages in things when the movie has a happy ending.

TT is over analyzing?

Lolololol...it's not an alternate Eden. Cameron would never paint Eden in a positive manner.

^How else could you paint Eden? I thought it was the very definition of positive (paradise)?

@ Two Thumbs - I think you're overanalyzing it. Cameron was just saying that humans, by their very nature are greedy em-effers. But if they let go of the greed, "get lost in the woods" for a while, as one character said...and remember what matters most in life, (other people, environment, happiness etc) they too can be happier. :)

Anyway, that's what I took from it. I like to see positive messages in things when the movie has a happy ending.

happy ending?

Thousands were killed.

Many for just doing their jobs.

^How else could you paint Eden? I thought it was the very definition of positive (paradise)?

E·den   [eed-n] Show IPA
noun
the place where Adam and Eve lived before the Fall. Gen. 2:8–24.
any delightful region or abode; paradise.
a state of perfect happiness or bliss.

Getting rich makes some people happy. Living in a tree, exposed to the elements doesn't make that many people happy. If it did, there would be more homeless people.

happy ending?

Thousands were killed.

Many for just doing their jobs.

You're kidding, right? If murdering innocent people was just "doing your job," wouldn't you quit? The humans invaded the land of another culture on another PLANET (as if we didn't kill enough people on earth!) and started killing men, women and children just because they wouldn't abandon their home so the humans could exploit it for money.

Yeah, they sound like such heroes. :eusa_eh:

It's a movie. It didn't really happen. And I think his point is that that wouldn't (didn't) happen in Eden.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXraSkgssFk]Avatar - How It Should Have Ended - YouTube[/ame]

pretty much sums up a major problem with avatar

No, I think he was ripping off Disney's Pocahontas.

Avatar and Pocahontas Side-by-Side - YouTube

JmRmb.jpg

Very good. I assume Pocahontas is not copywrited.

Forum List

Back