James Bond is a Man

In 1962, the first James Bond movie, Dr. No, appeared in theaters. Based on Ian Fleming’s novels about British secret agent 007, James Bond movies has delighted audiences for some six decades.

James Bond is a macho man with an impossible job. He saves the world from assorted crazy genius bad guys. While in the course of his dangerous secret agent duties, he flirts with women. He is a masculine, confident, rogue. The women he encounters are beautiful and competent. Most of the time, he can’t get the assignment done without the help of some gorgeous gal.

That man/woman dynamic is part of the fun of Bond stories. Bond Girls are as important to the entertainment as gadgets, like cars that fire rockets and Champagne bottles that blow up.

Sean Connery played the role of James Bond in several movies. Five other actors followed in the role. In the two dozen 007 movies made, all the actors playing the role of James Bond were male. This makes sense. The character is male.

Now there is talk about making a James Bond movie featuring a female actor in the role of James Bond.

Why change the gender of an iconic character? If someone genuinely wishes to tell a story about a female secret agent, why not just create a new character? Why appropriate a beloved icon?

What’s going on here? Did something happen to thwart creativity? Are there no writers with enough imagination to come up with something unique of their own, that they must rework someone else’s work?

Or is something else going on? Maybe this, let’s make James Bond a female is all about making a statement. Look! A lady can do secret agent stuff too! Sure she can, but she cannot be James Bond. James Bond is a man.

Leave James Bond alone. There is no reason to change evergreen heroes. James Bond is a man. Let him always be a man. Likewise, let the Lone Ranger and Tonto remain men. Let Modesty Blaise remain a woman. Not everybody and everything has to be recycled, revamped and redone to update the message.

You don’t like a suave manly secret agent? Watch a different movie.

James Bond Might Soon Be Played by an Actress Like Gillian Anderson
They are proposing many changes in Bond. I can accept a Black Bond, or a female Bond, but they were talking about Damien Lewis, and I think a ginger Bond would be going to far!

I would have clicked "Funny" instead of "Thank You", but as we all know, that's more or less come to be an insult...
I've seen people use it as a form of disagreement but I use it if something is funny whether I disagree or not. The new "Funny and Agree!!" button seems to address the issue.

In 1962, the first James Bond movie, Dr. No, appeared in theaters. Based on Ian Fleming’s novels about British secret agent 007, James Bond movies has delighted audiences for some six decades.

James Bond is a macho man with an impossible job. He saves the world from assorted crazy genius bad guys. While in the course of his dangerous secret agent duties, he flirts with women. He is a masculine, confident, rogue. The women he encounters are beautiful and competent. Most of the time, he can’t get the assignment done without the help of some gorgeous gal.

That man/woman dynamic is part of the fun of Bond stories. Bond Girls are as important to the entertainment as gadgets, like cars that fire rockets and Champagne bottles that blow up.

Sean Connery played the role of James Bond in several movies. Five other actors followed in the role. In the two dozen 007 movies made, all the actors playing the role of James Bond were male. This makes sense. The character is male.

Now there is talk about making a James Bond movie featuring a female actor in the role of James Bond.

Why change the gender of an iconic character? If someone genuinely wishes to tell a story about a female secret agent, why not just create a new character? Why appropriate a beloved icon?

What’s going on here? Did something happen to thwart creativity? Are there no writers with enough imagination to come up with something unique of their own, that they must rework someone else’s work?

Or is something else going on? Maybe this, let’s make James Bond a female is all about making a statement. Look! A lady can do secret agent stuff too! Sure she can, but she cannot be James Bond. James Bond is a man.

Leave James Bond alone. There is no reason to change evergreen heroes. James Bond is a man. Let him always be a man. Likewise, let the Lone Ranger and Tonto remain men. Let Modesty Blaise remain a woman. Not everybody and everything has to be recycled, revamped and redone to update the message.

They are proposing many changes in Bond. I can accept a Black Bond, or a female Bond, but they were talking about Damien Lewis, and I think a ginger Bond would be going to far!
LOL. Controversy sells!

JB-Golden-Rod.jpg
Ya know...I could have went my whole life without ever knowing that movie existed, and I don't think I would have felt even a little bit deprived.

Anybody got some brain bleach I could use. I'd really like to scrub that image out of my head...

Thank you, but James Bond is a man's man and Sean Connery defined it best with Daniel Craig a close second.. He's not a woman's woman nor LGBTQ, pansexual or whatever the term is*. Let them get their own franchise

* The kids are getting their gender identities mixed up, so some things should not be messed with.

Miley Cyrus on How She Discovered Her Pansexuality: ‘My First Relationship Was with a Chick’

I agree that Sean Connery defined James Bond as an apha-male.
I know this probably isn't fair, but when ever I see Daniel Craig, I see a face that should be playing the villain, not the hero.

Thank you, but James Bond is a man's man and Sean Connery defined it best with Daniel Craig a close second.. He's not a woman's woman nor LGBTQ, pansexual or whatever the term is*. Let them get their own franchise

* The kids are getting their gender identities mixed up, so some things should not be messed with.

Miley Cyrus on How She Discovered Her Pansexuality: ‘My First Relationship Was with a Chick’

I agree that Sean Connery defined James Bond as an apha-male.
I know this probably isn't fair, but when ever I see Daniel Craig, I see a face that should be playing the villain, not the hero.

Connery and Moore are the two best.the others are all wanna be's

i think the next James Bond is gonna be Miley Cyrus.

Just sayin, to cover all the bases...

They'll do it and they'll lose money doing it.

Bond is an entire over the top Walter Mitty caricature , reality would have seen him die in the line of duty ,or of VD ...~S~

I prefer the old James Bond movies with Sean Connery and/or Roger Moore. The newer James Bonds are MUCH too emotional. They fall in love, they cry. Yuck. That is not what being James Bond is about!

I prefer the old James Bond movies with Sean Connery and/or Roger Moore. The newer James Bonds are MUCH too emotional. They fall in love, they cry. Yuck. That is not what being James Bond is about!

I prefer those as well, but those men have kinda passed their prime ;)

GetFile.aspx

GetFile.aspx

True, but they were the best James Bonds. They are trying to make the James Bond movies less "campy" and less sexist and more emotional. Well, that's really not James Bond to me!

GetFile.aspx

True, but they were the best James Bonds. They are trying to make the James Bond movies less "campy" and less sexist and more emotional. Well, that's really not James Bond to me!

I agree!

The new Bond movie will be out in November

Trump_from_russia.jpg

Ha ha, but we know Trump gets his women because of his money and celeb status. He thinks it's his confidence. Yeah right.

But if you want to talk dirt, I'm more interested in Hillary's sex life. If Bill is chasing underage women with his money and celeb status, what is she getting? Maybe she's getting her share of
th
. The person who knows is Huma and they share common ground
th
th

Forum List

Back