Jamaican workers expelled from Ontario farm after protesting poor conditions: advocates

Why would Jamaicans have to travel all the way to Canada to make a living???

When Jamaican immigrants are complaining about conditions in your country you might want to pay attention.
Yep. Those guys like Newfies here (Newfoundlanders) work in any conditions and they are being paid Canadian dollars too.

Yep. Those guys like Newfies here (Newfoundlanders) work in any conditions and they are being paid Canadian dollars too.

Do they get medical as well? I know a few thousand Guatemalans who'd love to relocate a little farther north. Turns out they like the cool weather.

Do they get medical as well? I know a few thousand Guatemalans who'd love to relocate a little farther north. Turns out they like the cool weather.
Good question, I don't know tbh. I imagine if they arrived here on a work visa they have access but I cant say with any certainty.

$800 for efficiencies.
$1100 for one bedrooms.
Heat and water included.
$70 for parking.
Wisconsin
Efficiencies. Is that similar to our Bachelors I guess? (Basically one large room, a small cooking area and bathroom?)

Efficiencies. Is that similar to our Bachelors I guess? (Basically one large room, a small cooking area and bathroom?)
Yes, plus a generous closet area. Here's the efficiency kitchen.

After-108.JPG

Last edited:
"Jamokes" were the best migrant workers back in the day as far as apple-picking went. The old-timers would slit the web of their fingers so they could gather more apples as they were paid by the bushel.

The very worst were the Ricans....They were not worth the powder and lead to blow their fuckin' brains out.

"Jamokes" were the best migrant workers back in the day as far as apple-picking went. The old-timers would slit the web of their fingers so they could gather more apples as they were paid by the bushel.

The very worst were the Ricans....They were not worth the powder and lead to blow their fuckin' brains out.

Polydactylies would make great apple pickers.
1693144284637.png

Forum List

Back