jake has a growth on his gum...graphic images

okay lets not be worry warts here....i have an excellent vet....she says its most likely not cancer but we need to find out....i havent discussed with hubby what to do if its cancer....i will not put jake thru having his bottom jaw removed...but i dont think it will come to that at all...

thanks yall but lets be as positive as we can.....please...i am trying hard to be that way...when really al i want to do is cry
never seen lumpy dog stuff hit the gums before. May all go well for Jake and you not need valium.

jake is going well....the skin tags seem to distract him from the gum thing...he is still eating soften food.....but we just moisten his kibble now...and let it sit for about 20 minutes...he is slurping stuff into the side of his mouth...that is a hoot.....but all seems as well as can be expected....he is keeping the skin tabs under attack...

the worse part is the feeding and trying to give him a treat with his pill and not giving everyone a treat.....i fed him early the other day and when i went to feed at the regular time...he was right there....ready for more food....i attempted not to give him more...but then they all get upset thinking suddenly one is getting something they are not all getting....so the got fed again...

vets office just called....i got all excited thinking they had results.....nope they just wanted to check on jakers.....nice thing about low volume vets.....did i mention the bill?

How did i miss this thread!

Damn bones, that sucks. I hope they got it all and it wont grow back.

vet called today....its not cancer..they are not sure what it is....not a boney growth......tough ligaments or something...but jake is good to go...they are not sure if it will grow back or not

Yippee! It's just ugly old dog tissue crap! Thankfully, dogs don't care what they look like.

update: jake is just not doing well.....he has slowed down a lot in just the last month or so....i realized last night that jake as to be at least 13 years old...more likely 14

he is in good shape generally but i see him slowing down ...his hearing is going...

and he is bullying the other animals

i hate this stage...where you know no matter what you do.....they are gonna die....no amount of money will make them young again

update: jake is just not doing well.....he has slowed down a lot in just the last month or so....i realized last night that jake as to be at least 13 years old...more likely 14

he is in good shape generally but i see him slowing down ...his hearing is going...

and he is bullying the other animals
Like me and my ex had to do with Daisy, set quality of life benchmarks. If they are no longer being enjoyed, it's time.

I'm sorry to hear about this Bones. It's never easy.

here's rooting for Jake . . . one of our cats had a similar growth, vet thought it was cancer, it wasn't, excised the growth . . . and the cat lived for another eight years . . . hang in there, bones

My dogs are young and healthy, knock on wood...so I am not looking down this tunnel quite yet.

But anything can happen...my big dog had a lump near his spine a few months back; I haven't been monitoring it, I don't think it's obvious unless he's pretty lean. It's possible it's just a fatty deposit or a cyst or something, but it's in a bad spot if it grows. Last time I looked for it I couldn't find it, so hopefully no news is good news.

My terrier is 7 years old and will probably live to 25. I've never even had to take her to the vet, and I've had her 5 years. I give her immunizations myself. Unlike my monster, who has to go to the vet every couple of months for allergy-related issues (ears, skin).

Poor jake.

I know...i hate this stage too. I spoil them rotten at this age.

Forum List

Back