Jaffa, never a city of Palestine

mdn2000

Rookie
Sep 27, 2009
conservative hell california
Propaganda is a very effective tool, its simple to recognize and even simpler to prove as a lie.

Take Jaffa, I should of been all over this but in responding to the hundred of false premises, the thousands of lies, the thousands of insults, the thousands of racial slurs, its easy to forget the simple truth.

I found this little article that reminded my of a simple fact, the article says it best.

There's justice, and then there's propaganda - The Globe and Mail

There is a difference between most people and professional propagandists. The latter serve their cause by repeating a false statement of “fact” so often and with such emphasis that decent people think there must at least be a modicum of truth to it.

This age-old but effective propaganda technique has, as of late, given rise to such blatant falsehoods as “Israeli apartheid,” or, to quote Naomi Klein's open letter to TIFF last week, “The city of Jaffa [was] Palestine's main cultural hub until 1948.” This seemingly factual statement fails to mention the detail that there was no such thing as Palestine prior to 1948. The city of Tel Aviv was founded in 1909 in what was then a Turkish colony, later a British colony and once upon a time a Roman colony, consisting of lands from which the indigenous Jewish population had been forcefully – though never fully – evicted.

The headline of last week's open letter, protesting the focus on films by Tel Aviv filmmakers, was “No celebration of occupation,” which incorrectly implies that Tel Aviv is occupied territory. We are not talking about the West Bank or the Golan Heights here, but the biggest population centre in the heart of Israel, where the first neighbourhood was built in 1887. If that is disputed territory, then Ms. Klein and her armchair storm troopers are clamouring for nothing short of the annihilation of the Jewish state. They are effectively Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's local fifth column.

• Banned
I see no history that indicates a Stargate at Jaffa.

I do find much indicating that Christians have a historical right to the city.

äçáøä ìôéúåç éôå äòúé÷ä

In the 1st century C.E. Jaffa served as one of the most important places to the development of Christianity. Saint Peter, one of Jesus apostle arrived at the city and revived one of its inhabitants, Tabitha. He dwelled at the house of Shimon the Tanner and on his roof he dreamt one of his visions which he interpreted as a confirmation to accept people who are not Jewish into Christianity. Thus, the way was open to the spreading of Christianity.
The Jewish settlement in Jaffa recovered quickly as is testified by the inscription of Judah the son of Tozomanus, the Agoronomos (the commissioner of markets and weights) dated to the 2nd century C.E that was unearthed in the Kedumim Square excavations and later burial tombstones that were unearthed in the Jewish graveyard of Abu-Kabir enlisting a variety of professions and public functionaries among Jaffa's Jewish inhabitants and also their origin of birth.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=379ytstLaKw[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aMR1INO4Y[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lenIVnAlcrQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EpT-wX3r5Q[/ame]

Historian Bernard Lewis: Palestine Is Jewish Land
Official Roman usage of the name Palestine to designate the area of the former Jewish kingdom seems to date from after the Jewish risings and their suppression. The Emperor Hadrian made a determined attempt to stamp out the embers not only of the revolt but of Jewish nationahood and statehood.

It would seem that the name Judaea was abolished at the same time as Jerusalem and the country renamed Palestina or Syria-Palestina with the same intention to obliterate its historic Jewish identity.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Faith-Power-Religion-Politics-Middle/dp/019514421X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291473443&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Faith and Power: Religion and Politics in the Middle East (9780195144215): Bernard Lewis: Books[/ame]

äçáøä ìôéúåç éôå äòúé÷ä

In the 1st century C.E. Jaffa served as one of the most important places to the development of Christianity. Saint Peter, one of Jesus apostle arrived at the city and revived one of its inhabitants, Tabitha. He dwelled at the house of Shimon the Tanner and on his roof he dreamt one of his visions which he interpreted as a confirmation to accept people who are not Jewish into Christianity. Thus, the way was open to the spreading of Christianity.
The Jewish settlement in Jaffa recovered quickly as is testified by the inscription of Judah the son of Tozomanus, the Agoronomos (the commissioner of markets and weights) dated to the 2nd century C.E that was unearthed in the Kedumim Square excavations and later burial tombstones that were unearthed in the Jewish graveyard of Abu-Kabir enlisting a variety of professions and public functionaries among Jaffa's Jewish inhabitants and also their origin of birth.

It was in Egypt.

There is a door in Cheryenne mountain with SGC on it and a keypad beside it.
Fact.

äçáøä ìôéúåç éôå äòúé÷ä

It was in Egypt.

There is a door in Cheryenne mountain with SGC on it and a keypad beside it.
Fact.

Palaestina was invented by the Romans. Fact. :lol:

Jaffa City Home Page

Picture14133.jpg

Last edited:
Jaffa at the beginning of the 1800's had very few people, I cannot link to this book, because it is a book, it can be found in google books, I will try and link but google books are not searchable pdfs so this page wont be in a link.

Anyhow, its historical fact that there were only 8,000 people in Jaffa at the very beginning of the 1800's. Must of been lots of immigration. How many of these 8,000 people were Arabs, how many were Albanians, as Albanians were part of the Ottoman army garrisoned in Jaffa. More research is needed.

Anyhow Bonaparte destroyed Jaffa, which again leads to more research, who remained. What was there race.

Memoirs of the history of France ... - Google Books

page 306

Memoirs of the history of France during the reign of Napoleon, Volume 5 By Napoleon I (Emperor of the French), Baron Gaspard Gourgaud, 1823

Note on Jaffa

Jaffa, a town containing from seven to eight thousand inhabitants, which was the portion of the Sultana Valida, is situate sixteen leagues from Gaza, and one league from the little river of Maar, which, at its mouth, is not fordable. The wall, on the land side, is formed by a half a hexagon;

On the Koich is the convent of the Fathers of the Holy Land (the Recollets Chausses), stewards of Nazareth,

I found this bit on Google books. Funny, in the early 1800's there is zero mention of Palestinians in Jaffa, Jaffa is not a Palestinian town. Not historically. Not in recent history.

Page 145

The Friend - Google Books

The Friend, Volume 9 By Robert Smith, 1836

In 1799, Bonaparte took it by assault, and massacred his Turkish prisoners. The town has a bad port, for light vessels only, and a very dangerous roadstead, as we experienced on our second sea voyage.

Jaffa reckons from five to six thousand inhabitants-Turks, Arabs, Armeninns, Greeks, Catholics, and Maronites.

I found this bit on Google books. Funny, in the early 1800's there is zero mention of Palestinians in Jaffa, Jaffa is not a Palestinian town. Not historically. Not in recent history.

Page 145

In 1799, Bonaparte took it by assault, and massacred his Turkish prisoners. The town has a bad port, for light vessels only, and a very dangerous roadstead, as we experienced on our second sea voyage.

Jaffa reckons from five to six thousand inhabitants-Turks, Arabs, Armeninns, Greeks, Catholics, and Maronites.

I don't think all Palestinians are Arabs anyway. Frankly, I don't think it matters. Some Palestinians have been there forever and some came later. Muslims and Jews moved to Palestine from Spain in 1492 and put down roots. Could you say that they are not Palestinians?

Page 145

I don't think all Palestinians are Arabs anyway. Frankly, I don't think it matters. Some Palestinians have been there forever and some came later. Muslims and Jews moved to Palestine from Spain in 1492 and put down roots. Could you say that they are not Palestinians?

In the early 1800's zero Palestinians live in Jaffa.

Arabs are clear in their ancestry, Arabia. Next I will have to take the name of an Arab in Jaffa and show the ancestry that leads to Arabia, not Jaffa. Thing about Arabs, they are proud of this fact.

Page 145

Arabs are clear in their ancestry, Arabia. Next I will have to take the name of an Arab in Jaffa and show the ancestry that leads to Arabia, not Jaffa. Thing about Arabs, they are proud of this fact.

That would be interesting. Perhaps you could also explain the relevance.

Page 145

Most Arabs in "Palestine" migrated to the area fairly recently in the mid-20th century attracted by Jewish prosperity.

"Palestinian" can mean almost anything. The UN even created a special definition for "Palestinian refugee" in the '48 War to include anyone who lived there at least in '46. So, an Algerian or a Moroccan or an Egyptian or Syrian who moved to "Palestine" in '46 magically became a Palestinian refugee in '48.

Being a Palestinian refugee is a multi-billion dollar industry for the Arabs and the UN

That would be interesting. Perhaps you could also explain the relevance.

The relevance is simple, the controversy is that Jews stole Palestinian land, today that is defined as Sunni-Arab-Palestinians, Arabs are not Palestinians, they are Arabs, were called Arabs historically, and identified themselves as Arabs, not Palestinians.

Further you mention Jaffa as being cleansed of "Palestinians" by Jews, I was more specific and gave a few facts such as it was the Irgun that took Jaffa. I have just shown how Jaffa was not a "Palestinian" city. Historically Jaffa always considered a Jewish city.

Forum List

Back