Jackass cop should be fired

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
OUTRAGE: Residents Call For Job Of 'Coffee Cop' - wcbstv.com

Tammy Fox is Agent Chu's latest victim. She was in the dirt near Elmhurst Hospital, trying to fix her flat tire, when Agent Chu sauntered up. Instead of offering help, like most New Yorkers would, he slapped her with a ticket.

"I said to him, 'are you kidding me? You're very insensitive. I'm going to visit my friend in the hospital who had cancer, and I'm trying to fix my flat tire, and you're standing here writing me a ticket?'" Fox said.

(Councilman) Halloran caught Agent Chu breaking enough traffic laws to lose his license – speeding, going through stop signs, using flashing lights, talking on a cell phone – just to get a cup of coffee. Halloran then received hundreds of complaints from constituents about Agent Chu, who even reportedly slapped tickets on members of a funeral procession.

Of course, he feels the laws apply to everyone but him. He should be fired it seems.

Agent Chu sauntered up. Instead of offering help, like most New Yorkers would, he slapped her with a ticket.

That part made me laugh. Anyone been to New York? Most of them wouldn't help if they saw a person being killed right next to them.

As for this traffic agent. He sounds like a jerk for never cutting anyone some slack, but if a ticket is earned he can't be fired for writing one. Unless he is going beyond that and abusing people's rights.....

The fact that he allegedly has broken traffic laws himself however is problematic, THAT could and should cost him his job if he is abusing his authority simply to "go get a cup of coffee." I think I need more proof of that before I call for the guy's head though.

Police departments need citizen review boards, with the authority to fire bad cops.

WRONG

Police departments do need to get rid of legitimately bad cops, but civilians have no idea what is and what is not a bad cop, as evidenced day after day on this board.

Police departments need citizen review boards, with the authority to fire bad cops.

WRONG

Police departments do need to get rid of legitimately bad cops, but civilians have no idea what is and what is not a bad cop, as evidenced day after day on this board.

You want me to prove cops have no idea what a bad cop is? Or will you just stipulate it, and we can go from there.

Just in case you disagree.

Mayor Miner has come under withering criticism from the police union for refusing to sign a commendation for Detective Alp Llukaci. A federal jury last year found that the detective had used excessive force against a suspect in 2001. Jeff Piedmonte, the union president, said Miner’s decision left some officers wondering if the mayor will have their backs the next time there is a controversy.

Culture Shift: Syracuse mayor right to focus on police misbehavior | syracuse.com

Yep, any cop that is actually convicted of using excessive force certainly deserves a commendation, what the hell is wrong with that mayor? She should be fired.

WRONG

You want me to prove cops have no idea what a bad cop is? Or will you just stipulate it, and we can go from there.

Mayor Miner has come under withering criticism from the police union for refusing to sign a commendation for Detective Alp Llukaci. A federal jury last year found that the detective had used excessive force against a suspect in 2001. Jeff Piedmonte, the union president, said Miner’s decision left some officers wondering if the mayor will have their backs the next time there is a controversy.

Culture Shift: Syracuse mayor right to focus on police misbehavior | syracuse.com

Yep, any cop that is actually convicted of using excessive force certainly deserves a commendation, what the hell is wrong with that mayor? She should be fired.

I stipulate that many cops are bullies and have no business on the force, let alone deciding if other cops are guilty of abusing their authority.

As to your link. I am a firm believer that unions , in any industry, are a joke. Including police unions. We run into this ALL the time with our school to, a teacher does something that is OBVIOUSLY a fire able offense , but the union backs them. Unions suck.

I still say a civilian board would be stupid, and is unneeded. You want to to oversee the police in your community? Run for office. That's simple enough.

I am a firm believer that unions , in any industry, are a joke. Including police unions. We run into this ALL the time with our school to, a teacher does something that is OBVIOUSLY a fire able offense , but the union backs them. Unions suck.

Unionization of Government Employees is something that the state allows.

Remember when Air Controllers went on strike? Reagan just told'em to stay the fuck home, and he hired new ones.

If you think police, teacher, or any other union suck, then blame you're government administrators for allowing them to exist: Texas, for example, outlaws teacher unionization.

WRONG

I stipulate that many cops are bullies and have no business on the force, let alone deciding if other cops are guilty of abusing their authority.

As to your link. I am a firm believer that unions , in any industry, are a joke. Including police unions. We run into this ALL the time with our school to, a teacher does something that is OBVIOUSLY a fire able offense , but the union backs them. Unions suck.

I still say a civilian board would be stupid, and is unneeded. You want to to oversee the police in your community? Run for office. That's simple enough.

Civilian oversight boards work in a lot of cities, like New York. Why do you think it is a bad idea when it works more often than not? Or do you just think that cops shouldn't have to answer to the people who actually pay their salaries?

I am a firm believer that unions , in any industry, are a joke. Including police unions. We run into this ALL the time with our school to, a teacher does something that is OBVIOUSLY a fire able offense , but the union backs them. Unions suck.

Remember when Air Controllers went on strike? Reagan just told'em to stay the fuck home, and he hired new ones.

If you think police, teacher, or any other union suck, then blame you're government administrators for allowing them to exist: Texas, for example, outlaws teacher unionization.

I hate all unions. That was the only point I was making.

I hate all unions. That was the only point I was making.

Profound.

:eusa_eh:

I hate humidity.

Forum List

Back