Jack Welch Suggests Jobs Report Rigged

You believe the claim is false. You cannot say anything other than you believe, because you don't have the facts to objectively counter it.

It is simple YOU show us how 144000 jobs added makes a.4 percent drop in unemployment.

Let me help you that means the labor forces is approximately 38 Million.... that sound right to you?

You don't have the facts either, bub. I agree with you, it seems bogus, but we can't prove it.

You believe the claim is false. You cannot say anything other than you believe, because you don't have the facts to objectively counter it.

May not have the facts, but we do have common sense. Something liberals do not have.

Wrong!

Betsey Stevenson, the former chief economist in the Labor Department, wrote this morning, “Anyone who thinks that political folks can manipulate the unemployment data are completely ignorant about how BLS works and how data are compiled.” Alan Krueger, the chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers and one of the nation’s preeminent labor economists, told Bloomberg today, “No serious person would question the integrity of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. These numbers are put together by career employees. They use the same process every month. So I think comments like that are irresponsible.”

In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the division of the Labor Department responsible for the monthly job report, is incredibly scrupulous in how it compiles and presents the unemployment data. The bureau’s acting head, Jack Galvin, has been at the BLS since 1979 and is a career nerd who ran its employment data collection and analysis from 1998 to 2011. The data, which come from surveys of households and employers, arrives at the BLS on the Wednesday of the week before the report is released

LINK

Welch said it, I heard it. Welch also said he has no facts to support his belief.

These labor figures are constructed professional civil servants insulated from political pressure.

I have trouble with the numbers, too, but until we have a good, objective evidenced rebuttal, the American public will accept them as real.

Oh goodie!!

The upright citizens brigade is on the way!!

Your a naive fool if you don't realize that "likely voters" know a snow job when they see it.....

Zander, my dear, what objective evidence to you have to refute the numbers?

Maybe one of you brain dead lefties can explain how 144000 jobs drops the unemployment from 8.2percent to 7.8? You know some facts and figures to show us how that number actually made the rate drop?

The 144k increase was from the nonfarm survey, which surveys medium to large-sized businesses and asks them how many people businesses have hired net of firings. The household survey, which showed a net increase of ~840k jobs, surveys households and asks people if they have been hired or fired. There are discrepancies because the nonfarm survey misses out on people who have been hired by newer businesses or people who started their own business or created their own job. The reason why the household survey was so much higher was because of a surge in part-time hiring.

And if you didn't know this, you probably shouldn't refer to others as "brain-dead."

Last edited:
People that have given up looking for work grows every month, so the unemployment rate is bogus for not reflecting them.

I also don't doubt scumbags working for Obamination tweaked the info to make it look even better for him after he got his ass beaten on live TV the other night.

It's the guys opinion as it is my opinion and most likely the opinion of half the population of the United States. Only a leftwing ignorant, dumbass, fool with a side of stupidity would think otherwise.

I think it's rather funny and sad that there are people out there who thinks 114,000 new jobs can drop the unemployment rate from 8.2 percent down to 7.8 percent.

Maybe because the number reported was 873,000 jobs! Check your facts before repeating bogus numbers.

Jack Welch: Unemployment rate cooked - Oct. 5, 2012

Anything and everything that comes out of obama's mouth is a lie, it is sad that he believes his own lies !

$bc50a49cb11a61428c48ca25f6072341.jpg

Yanno..................they never had a problem with the Bureau of Labor Statistics before. Matter of fact, up until this month, the GOP accepted and touted the numbers quite a bit.

I guess it's only when it comes out in Obama's favor that it becomes suspect. Same with a lot of the legislation that the GOP is currently against. They were the ones that came up with it, but because Obama supports it, they go against the very thing they created.

I guess they're still pissed that a black man is in the White House.

Welch said it, I heard it. Welch also said he has no facts to support his belief.

These labor figures are constructed professional civil servants insulated from political pressure.

I have trouble with the numbers, too, but until we have a good, objective evidenced rebuttal, the American public will accept them as real.

what is interesting is most of these new jobs are in the transportation and warehousing industry, yet orders have fallen to 3 year lows...
Last updated: October 4, 2012 3:47 pm

US factory orders drop 5.2%
By Anjli Raval in New York
US factory orders suffered the worst decline for more than three years in August.

The labour market, meanwhile, continued to show lacklustre momentum, with new claims for unemployment insurance and planned job cuts both rising, according to the latest September data.
US factory orders drop 5.2% - FT.com

Yanno..................they never had a problem with the Bureau of Labor Statistics before. Matter of fact, up until this month, the GOP accepted and touted the numbers quite a bit.

I guess it's only when it comes out in Obama's favor that it becomes suspect. Same with a lot of the legislation that the GOP is currently against. They were the ones that came up with it, but because Obama supports it, they go against the very thing they created.

I guess they're still pissed that a black man is in the White House.

actually, personally, I have followed them for months now, and almost every month they have been revised down from what they broadcast.

Some of the far right are pissed because he's black, but most are pissed because he is not "conservative", even though they themselves are not classical liberals.

Libs and Cons, let's get some good evidence and sources, kids.

If the old coot had an ounce of brain left in that dried up coconut of a head of his he'd have said he was just cracking a joke and mocked them for not having a sense of humor.

Yeah but your guy won the debate.. That's gotta make this easier for you all to swallow.

:D

Forum List

Back