Jack Nicklaus

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
May have helped Dubya win Ohio in 2004 - campaigned hard for him.

Hope he is for Romney in 2012.

His record 18 majors looks secure....................

Now if only Arnold Palmer could campaign for Romney in Pennsyvania.

Suspect The King is GOP leaning.

Golfed a lot with Ike.

Greg Norman had just as much talent as Nicklaus.

Norman: 2 majors

Nicklaus: 18 majors

Said he thinks Woods will break his record of 18 majors/

And sincerely wants him to.

Thats the sort of person he is.

Yeah, Jack is a GOPer, awesome guy and a BUCKEYE baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh just like Nazi fighter, Jesse Owens.....BUCKEYE!!!!!!!!!
Greg Norman couldnt hold Jack's golf bag.

Woody Hayes went to Jacks first major win (or any win) - the 1962 US Open.

Woody Hayes went to Jacks first major win (or any win) - the 1962 US Open.

I dont doubt it, Jack was gonna play football and Woody told him not to, because he saw how good he was at golf. Woody was awesome. And Jack was that good, he got a schollie to play basketball at OSU as well.

Lol cool my pro who taught me was a buckeye, lost to Jack in Ohio junior amateur, he had Jack beat but hit one in the water on 18. Bob Kuhn

Not college Ohio golf Jr amateur or amateur in 59 or 60 I believe. Last I heard he was up north retired at The Bear course

Oh wow, very nice, I'm not even close to warrant those kinds of events, I like water and sand too much )

Yeah my back still hurts from yesterday lol my good scoring days are a ways away still or gone forever ( a lot of rust to work out lol) . I tried Google but just didn't see it. He told me when I was 12 or so, his glory day moment :lol: good change of pace no wonder my dad loved Jack so much lol

Last edited:
LOL yeah, I havent had time to play in awhile, I wanna start it back up and see if I can actually do something now, a good walk on the golf course is nice and serene.

Better person than a golfer.

A cliche - but in this case the truth.

A note on what makes golf so special to me.......... it's you against the course, you don't need anyone to compete with...... you are competing with yourself, the designer of the course, the guy that set it up that day and nature itself. It's a game of control, control of your mind, control of your body and using your knowledge to know when it's time to play it safe or take a chance. It's a game of honesty, honesty with yourself. If you cheat, you cheat yourself, you lie to yourself. You think it's OK to play "winter rules"? You aren't playing golf. There is no improving your lie in golf, that is cheating.....cheating yourself. If playing the game like that is alright with you, it says a lot about who you are and it reveals who you are to anyone you play with......it's part of the reason it works so well with business.

The coolest thing though was shown to me one afternoon. I used to produce yardage books with my brothers, I was the guy that went to the course to gather all of the reference material to produce the book. I measured the layup and carries, I drew the holes, I shot reference photos and measured and drew the greens......... I also shot the photographs that would go in the book and afternoon was when I liked the light to shoot the course by. I was in Ireland, looking for the right shots driving around in their only "buggy" when I saw an old guy pulling a handcart. He would hit it about 100 yards and walk after it, hit it and go, I came along side him to talk to him. I told him how nice it was to see someone playing the game the way it was designed to be played... on foot. He told me he played 9 holes everyday, rain or shine, "it's what keeps me young" he said. What he said next almost made me fall out of the "buggy". "I'm 93 years old!" 70 maybe but 93!!!???

A game you can play the rest of your life, what's better than that?

Forum List

Back