Jack Morris, Alan Trammell Voted Into Baseball Hall Of Fame

Nolan Ryan was much better than his numbers. He had a tremendous effect on every game he started. He invariably faced the Ace of the opposing team, and his teammates batted squat behind him. He pitched 7 no-hitters and a thousand one-hitters because he needed to; his teammates just didn't score for him.

Bonds had the best years EVER, steroids or no. He hit all those home runs while the opposing pitchers refused to throw anything over the plate! They were petrified of him. And regardless of the excess muscularity resulting from his use of "substances" you still have to put the bat on the ball. Keeping him out is a disgrace. One of the best ever, even if he was a jerk.

Ryan's career era as a percent of league era is just so-so. The idea that he pitched great but had no offensive support is a myth. He never was great and is just a marginal HOFer.

As for Bonds, part of the reason pitchers walked him so much is because he lost his great speed after he bulked up. I do think he belongs in the HOF since he didn't need steroids to get there. He was sensational when he weighed 190. Guys like sosa and mcgwire had HOF stats BECAUSE they were juiced and i'd say keep them out.

McGwire and Bonds used to extend their careers, keep them near their peak while aging. People forget McGwire hit 49HR's as a rookie.

Well the walks to Bonds were thoroughly about respect, I don't know what his slugging % was, but even with his bulk and reduced speed he could trot into second just as easily if he didn't hit a HR.
McGwire was juicing as a rookie.

Bonds had the best years EVER, steroids or no. He hit all those home runs while the opposing pitchers refused to throw anything over the plate! They were petrified of him. And regardless of the excess muscularity resulting from his use of "substances" you still have to put the bat on the ball. Keeping him out is a disgrace. One of the best ever, even if he was a jerk.
What bullshit. Bonds was allowed to come to the plate in a suit of armor, taking away the effectiveness of the inside brush-back pitch. So he leaned over the plate, enabling him to hit outside pitches he never would have reached. And MLB let him get away with it because he was hitting homers at an unprecedented rate.
barry-bonds-2016-hall-of-fame-ballot.jpg
Anyone can wear the same protective padding. Too bad nobody put a 98MPH fastball between his eyes.

[QUOTE="rightwinger, post: 18844289, member: 20321"
Bonds went from being a great athlete to a freak
His head grew bizarly and his proportions were awkward
Poster boy for why you should stay away from steroids

Yes bonds was fantastic before steroids. The best hitter in baseball and the best LF of all time and a great baserunner. The steroids made him stronger but not a better player.
Ken Griffey jr was good too[/QUOTE]
Griffey did it without the juice

What bullshit. Bonds was allowed to come to the plate in a suit of armor, taking away the effectiveness of the inside brush-back pitch. So he leaned over the plate, enabling him to hit outside pitches he never would have reached. And MLB let him get away with it because he was hitting homers at an unprecedented rate.
You should be able to wear whatever "armor" you want

I remember back in the early 90's it was a big deal because guys like Galaraga, Bagwell, and Biggio were wearing those shin guards.

I remember back in the early 90's it was a big deal because guys like Galaraga, Bagwell, and Biggio were wearing those shin guards.
With 100 mph fastballs, you should wear whatever protection you are comfortable with

Trevor Hoffman should have been voted in, also. In the 600+ Saves category it's just him and Mariano. There are no 500+ Save pitchers. Third is Lee Smith with 478.

Relief pitchers do NOT belong in the HOF. I make an exception for wilhelm and mariano but sutter and gossage should have been left out.

Saves are a joke stat. Even worse than batting average.

McGwire and Bonds used to extend their careers, keep them near their peak while aging. People forget McGwire hit 49HR's as a rookie.

Well the walks to Bonds were thoroughly about respect, I don't know what his slugging % was, but even with his bulk and reduced speed he could trot into second just as easily if he didn't hit a HR.

But Bonds didn't need to extend his career to make the HOF. He could have retired at 33 and made it. Not so with Mac. Even with the roids he had a short career. Only 1600 hits.

And the huge number of walks Bonds got were PARTLY about respect for his power and partly about the fact that he didn't run that well anymore.

Trevor Hoffman should have been voted in, also. In the 600+ Saves category it's just him and Mariano. There are no 500+ Save pitchers. Third is Lee Smith with 478.

Relief pitchers do NOT belong in the HOF. I make an exception for wilhelm and mariano but sutter and gossage should have been left out.

Bullshit. John Franco deserves to be in hall. Only bad thing is he will go in as a Met not a Red.

Bullshit. John Franco deserves to be in hall. Only bad thing is he will go in as a Met not a Red.
I'm a Met fan

I'd rather see Tugg McGraw, Jesse Orosco before Franco
None belong in the Hall

I'm a Met fan

I'd rather see Tugg McGraw, Jesse Orosco before Franco
None belong in the Hall

BBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Good day sir! Good day!

The shin guards are not for pitches...they are to protect the shin and foot from foul balls.

Urine idiot.

The shin guards are not for pitches...they are to protect the shin and foot from foul balls.

Yeah I know that... it happens a lot for guys that like to pull the ball. I used to kill me shin and foot all the time. I damn near broke my foot once.

For a relief pitcher to make the Hall he has to be super - like mariano. Franco was merely pretty good. He got CY votes in only ONE year and that year he was 7th. I say no way.

Sutter made the HOF with only 1000 innings for his career. An everyday player has around 1400 innings every year! Sutter's whole career was essentially just 2/3 of a season. That's pathetic.

Forum List

Back