Jack Daniels Whiskey 1/2 cup
Red wine vinegar 1/4 cup

Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
yellow onion diced 1 cup
carrots diced 1/2 cup
celery diced 1/2 cup
tomato paste 1 table spoon
Beef stock 1 quart

Roux - 4oz butter 1/2 cup flour cooked together to a pale tan paste.

Method:

1. In saute pan combine shallot and cracked peppercorns, thyme, add vinegar and Jack Daniels. Cook over medium heat until pan is almost dry. Set aside

2. In sauce pan heat oil, add onion and carrots cook until slightly browned. Add celery cook until celery in warm, then add tomato paste and cook until paste is carmelized. Add beef stock and simmer for 30 minutes.

3. Strain out vegetables, add shallot-peppercorn mixture, thicken with roux. Should be the viscosity of brown gravy.

NOTES:
You can find cracked peppercorns at the market or use whole peppercorn, place on cutting board and crush with saute pan with downward rolling motion. Whole are better, more voitale oils.

Knorr makes a great liquid beef consentrate, avoid the cubes they are way to salty and usually have very little beef in them.

When thickening with roux use a whisk and add a litte roux to heated sauce a little at a time until disired thickness.

A little more J.D. at the end to adjust the flavor may be needed.
This sauce will keep for quite some time in the refrigerator. Can be heated portions at a time, add a little soften whole butter just before putting on steak.
This sauce rocks!! Enjoy

Ah, Jack Daniels sauce, gotta love that one! I have the recipe somewhere for the Jack Daniels sauce they use in Friday's, a great sauce, made it once, and really good!

Jim, maybe you should have a recipe section on the board! :)
Dan is always asking for different and easy foods to make.

See Jackass, I knew you and I had atleast one thing in common! :)

evilarnold turned me on to one site and sent for catalog for some of the finest spices going. it's http://www.penzeys.com/
A little expensive, but worth it!!!! they also have recipes on the page, as well as, in the catalog.

New Topics

Forum List

Back