Jack Bauer does TV ad for healthcare reform

Yeah I could agree to a point but if you have a genuine greivence with a company for say testing cosmetics on kittens then I feel it is a moral imperitive to boycott.

Boycotts are a serious problem, they are part of the reason why our American made products suck. This is what happens:

1. People choose not to by the higher quality version simply because of morals.

2. The inferior company makes a fortune off that, then raises it's prices for better profits instead of improving the product they know that people will buy the crap version anyway.

3. The boycotted company simply leaves the US and sells in another country or area.

It doesn't do anything but take away a lot of quality products. If it's a product you can't live without, boycotts only hurt the economy as a whole, if it's a product you can live without then you don't buy a cheaper version, that may help a little but not much. If you make laws to stop such practices the result is the same. Basically, the only way to stop such practices is to start your own company, make a better product without such practices, and let people know yours is better, all for the same cost. But that's almost impossible now because the regulations prevent start up companies. ;)

Who said the superior products are the ones always being boycotted? You make no sense.

The US doesn't make a car as good as a VW or a Mercedes, but plenty of people buy them anyway, so my preferring what I like isn't a boycott.

And who do you think makes it hard for the smaller guy to get bigger? The bigger guys. Learn it. Know it. They pay for the regulations that advance their goals. Corporate welfare/favoritism through regulation legislation.

Duh, that's always been one of my points. My other point is, no matter what you boycott, the products you buy in place are never any better in some way. People don't research what they buy most of the time. One industry that impacted me hard I did research. Found out that the American products suck so much now simply because they abused the regulations to get the European and Asian versions out priced. They then used the phony "it's better for the environment" label to jack up the price of their own product. It gets even more insidious the more I learned about the industry, far more. But as I started looking into other products I noticed the same pattern. Using government regulation as a weapon against competition, also conning consumers into boycotts to boost their profits, there are a million examples in the US, but few people see them because few people actually research anything they purchase, they just purchase based on an advertisement they see on TV or a label on the product.

Wow KK you really think Americans are stupid. They no gawd damn well who and HOW the products they buy are made the problem is that because our manufacturing is sent OVER SEAS so some overpaid fucker with a business degree from Harvard can make a few million more dollars most Americans can no longer AFFORD to buy anything not found at Walmart!!!

No, I know most Americans are stupid. Look at the medical industry, they take their doctors word for medications all the time. Computers, how many people actually know how a computer works, much less where the part come from? Most people don't research in America, we have the web now, so there is no excuse for them to know so little.

I researched my condition AND all the meds my doctor prescribed. It was the fight with the INS co that I didn't dig.

Thus why I said most, because most people don't do that. Also, I am still fighting with my government run health insurance to cover what I need. ;)

I researched my condition AND all the meds my doctor prescribed. It was the fight with the INS co that I didn't dig.

Thus why I said most, because most people don't do that. Also, I am still fighting with my government run health insurance to cover what I need. ;)

Well at least you don't have to worry about some ins exec making a SIX FIGURE BONUS to deny your coverage.

Well at least you don't have to worry about some ins exec making a SIX FIGURE BONUS to deny your coverage.

No, but I do have to worry about anything that is not "approved" by the FDA being covered, like perfectly safe herbals for my arthritis instead of the proven deadly steroids, simply because the companies are not willing to bribe them. ;)

No, but I do have to worry about anything that is not "approved" by the FDA being covered, like perfectly safe herbals for my arthritis instead of the proven deadly steroids, simply because the companies are not willing to bribe them. ;)

You do know that no insurance co will cover treatments not accepted by the FDA right?

You do know that no insurance co will cover treatments not accepted by the FDA right?

Did you ever look into the fact that they can't? ;)

As I say, the FDA is like the mafia, only legal.

Attacking healthcare reform isn't going to hurt the FDA.

So we go after the FDA. Let's make it less boring than it seems.

More than one front to assault.

The NEA becomes the propaganda arm of Obama

Before, during, and after the Russian Revolution in 1917, visual and performing artists sympathetic to the ideals of Marxism and the Russian Bolshevik movement enthusiastically used their talents to help the Communist state and larger international movement of communism. Soviet artists became willing propagandists for the state, using new styles and visual designs to support and promote the Soviet state. The result were images like the one shown above; visually startling but propaganda nonetheless.

It was an unholy alliance between artist and state, one that is apparently being re-born….

The NEA becomes the propaganda arm of Obama | The Real Revo

It's time for even the left-wing Americans to wake up.

If no threat exists, why not make one up if it helps you feel relevant? - What Would Jack Do?

Its all bullshit my dear

Neither am I your dear, nor are you able to objectively view the infection of the American system by this pathological administration.

Hopefully, the American electorate will make the corrections that you are unequipped to.

"State-sponsored artists pushed into creating state-sponsored art that glorifies the state? And is specifically sympathetic to the ruling political leader and his policies?

This makes images like this one go through my head: Lenin"
Is Obama Trying To Use The NEA As His Own Personal Propaganda Machine? | Say Anything: North Dakota's Most Popular Political Blog

Now we need to FEAR artists?!!?!!!???

PC...you really need to enroll in intense personal psychotherapy... you have a major, MAJOR problem...

If sometimes our great artists have been the most critical of our society, it is because their sensitivity and their concern for justice, which must motivate any true artist, makes him aware that our Nation falls short of its highest potential. I see little of more importance to the future of our country and our civilization than full recognition of the place of the artist.
President John F. Kennedy

“FEAR is an acronym in the English language for "False Evidence Appearing Real""
Neale Donald Walsch

Forum List

Back