J.K. Rowling Will Write a New Harry Potter Movie

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This week, Warner Bros. announced plans to make a series of films based on Rowling’s 2001 Hogwarts textbook, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which as the author explained on her website, isn’t a Harry Potter sequel but “an extension” of the world that he inhabited. Instead of hiring someone to adapt the book to film, Warner Bros. has hired Rowling to do so.

J.K. Rowling Will Write a New Harry Potter Movie - Businessweek

The Weasleys eldest son supposedly was training Dragons, so she's probably going to expand on that.

I believe it will follow the "author" of the Textbook from which the movie gets its name Newt Scamander. The writing of the book happened in the early 1900's.

The book itself was written by JK Rowling in 2001. She is the author.

I know but in the fictional world Newt Scamander wrote it in the early 1900's. I believe the movie will be about his time writing the book.

Long as there's more movies I don't care what they're about. :) Usually too many sequels spoils an idea (Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, et al.,) but not so with Harry Potter. Such a large alternate world filled with possible stories directly or indirectly related to the the original, as long as they don't start cranking em out just to make a buck but to actually tell some story I think they'll do well.

The Weasleys eldest son supposedly was training Dragons, so she's probably going to expand on that.

I believe it will follow the "author" of the Textbook from which the movie gets its name Newt Scamander. The writing of the book happened in the early 1900's.

The book itself was written by JK Rowling in 2001. She is the author.

I know but in the fictional world Newt Scamander wrote it in the early 1900's. I believe the movie will be about his time writing the book.

Probably.

Dragons and Hippogriffs were two of the creatures mentioned.

Forum List

Back