IYO, what's the most unbelievable thing about Jesus?

Thete

Bachelor of Theology
Jan 29, 2012
Finland
Hello people!

In your opinion, what's the most odd or unbelievable (as in hard to believe) part of the gospels or Jesus's story in general?

I'm asking this because I wrote a secular humanistic version of Jesus's story (The Atheist New Testament), but I kind of wrote it from my perspective trying to answer the questions that I had about Christianity, and so I might lack something important.

Thanks for any feedback!

Thete,
Bachelor of Theology
Finland

For me, the least believable thing about Jesus as presented in Christian doctrine is his special divinity. Of course he was God (we all are), but in claiming a specially divine status for hm, Christians implicitly deny the divinity of each of us, and that's wrong. It also conflicts a number of things that Jesus himself said as reported in the Gospels.

There are a number of his alleged miracles, plus the virgin birth and the resurrection, that are runners-up, but that's the big unbelievable for me.

For me, the least believable thing about Jesus as presented in Christian doctrine is his special divinity. Of course he was God (we all are), but in claiming a specially divine status for hm, Christians implicitly deny the divinity of each of us, and that's wrong. It also conflicts a number of things that Jesus himself said as reported in the Gospels.

There are a number of his alleged miracles, plus the virgin birth and the resurrection, that are runners-up, but that's the big unbelievable for me.

:eusa_eh:so obama IS the messiah, damn.... about time someone just said it....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz16xjeBAA]He's Not The Messiah - YouTube[/ame]

I think I would be even more critical of a claim of special divinity for any politician. :tongue:

Hello people!

In your opinion, what's the most odd or unbelievable (as in hard to believe) part of the gospels or Jesus's story in general?

I'm asking this because I wrote a secular humanistic version of Jesus's story (The Atheist New Testament), but I kind of wrote it from my perspective trying to answer the questions that I had about Christianity, and so I might lack something important.

Thanks for any feedback!

Thete,
Bachelor of Theology
Finland
Nothing unbelievable at all. Good you wrote your little story of lies though. If you think anyone with half a brain would believe that dribble you are mistaken, oh I know people will believe you, but that still makes you a liar.

Hello people!

Thanks for any feedback!

Thete,
Bachelor of Theology
Finland

You won't like my answer, but I will tell you anyway. It is the fact that people who think he is a myth feel a need to start discussions in an attempt to prove they are smarter than I am. I think Thor is a myth, yet I have never once felt a need to start a thread to prove it.

Jesus is the Divine Son of God. It is a lie given by satan saying we are all god. Anyone repeating that is a liar and a false prophet. The truth period is the Bible and Jesus. And no, I do not need to know any other truths, no other way to Heaven but through Jesus, period.

Jesus is the Divine Son of God. It is a lie given by satan saying we are all god. Anyone repeating that is a liar and a false prophet. The truth period is the Bible and Jesus. And no, I do not need to know any other truths, no other way to Heaven but through Jesus, period.

And right on cue: "This is true because I say it's true. I don't need any evidence to support it and I don't have any. If you disagree with me then you are an agent of Satan. Ignorance makes me better than you."

So predictable. :tongue:

Hello people!

Thanks for any feedback!

Thete,
Bachelor of Theology
Finland

You won't like my answer, but I will tell you anyway. It is the fact that people who think he is a myth feel a need to start discussions in an attempt to prove they are smarter than I am. I think Thor is a myth, yet I have never once felt a need to start a thread to prove it.
odin-vs.-jesus.jpg

a-big-shinny-hammer-6978-1305681972-40.jpg

Hello people!

Thanks for any feedback!

Thete,
Bachelor of Theology
Finland

odin-vs.-jesus.jpg

Unless you believe in good and evil as forces that are at war in the world you are going to have a hard time showing me any wicked people.

I do not think that Jesus is a myth. But I do believe that power hungry people seeking meaning to their lives made their friend some things that he wasn't.

Personally I'm a fan of Jesus, not the basic Catholic/Protestant Jesus but a man who understood that many transgressions are consequences and not expressions of a person's evil nature.

He understood that a prostitute does what she has to do to survive. Oh, and I love his anti-rich-people campaign. And I believe in the sanctity of marriage just like he did.

For me, probably the hardest thing to believe in the "Christian Jesus" is his universality (I believe that he was more concerned with Israel). Also, I do not believe that Saul of Tarsos had Jesus appear to him.

Last edited:
That Jesus is even considered a PROPHET of god despite lacking divine protection that god has given to all of the previous prophets.

To me, that was the first red flag about Jesus.

That Jesus is even considered a PROPHET of god despite lacking divine protection that god has given to all of the previous prophets.

I guess that means you do not think Isaiah or Jeremiah were prophets either.

I do not think that Jesus is a myth. But I do believe that power hungry people seeking meaning to their lives made their friend some things that he wasn't.

Personally I'm a fan of Jesus, not the basic Catholic/Protestant Jesus but a man who understood that many transgressions are consequences and not expressions of a person's evil nature.

He understood that a prostitute does what she has to do to survive. Oh, and I love his anti-rich-people campaign. And I believe in the sanctity of marriage just like he did.

For me, probably the hardest thing to believe in the "Christian Jesus" is his universality (I believe that he was more concerned with Israel). Also, I do not believe that Saul of Tarsos had Jesus appear to him.

Which of Jesus's friends were power hungry? Was it James, who was stoned to death? Maybe it was Peter, who was so power hungry that he asked to be crucified upside down because he was unworthy of the same death Jesus died. Could it have been Mathew, who was so power hungry that he went to Ethiopia and died a martyr's death. Doesn't seem likely, maybe it was John, who died in exile on Patmos.

Or maybe you are full of pride and self righteousness, and you believe that you have a better grasp of Jesus than the people he spent time with. Personally, I think the Jesus you want to believe in is more mythical and unbelievable than the Gonstic version of Jesus that says he was never flesh.

Were they harmed or killed before accomplishing their mission to god?

The best example of a prophet of God that lost divine protection is Samson, and he lost it due to his constant disobediance to GOD. But yet he was able to accomplish most of his goals by submitting himself to God at the very last moments of his life.

In this case, it is well described how Samson lost his divine intervention, and how he gain some of the holy powers by resubmission.

This also brings up another point, why is it that Jesus must die, resurrect and then leave before accomplishing his goal of becoming King of Israel and leading his nation to eternal peace? Normally, the prophet(Samsam is the example here) must do something to lose grace with God and the acts of other men are immaterial to god's design. Why is it that some acts of man are able to deter Christ--unless Christ did something that was not mentioned in the NT.

Last edited:

Were they killed before accomplishing their mission to god?

The best example of a prophet of God that lost divine protection is Samson, and he lost it due to his constant disobediance to GOD. But yet he was able to accomplish most of his goals by submitting himself to God at the very last moments of his life.

In this case, it is well described how Samson lost his divine intervention, and how he gain some of the holy powers by resubmission.

This also brings up another point, why is it that Jesus must die, resurrect and then leave before accomplishing his goal of becoming King of Israel and leading his nation to eternal peace? Normally, the prophet(Samsam is the example here) must do something to lose grace with God and the acts of other men are immaterial to god's design. Why is it that some acts of man are able to deter Christ--unless Christ did something that was not mentioned in the NT.

Was Jesus killed before he accomplished his mission? I seem to remeber him walking through a crowd of people who wanted to kill him and not getting hurt.

Were they killed before accomplishing their mission to god?

Was Jesus killed before he accomplished his mission? I seem to remeber him walking through a crowd of people who wanted to kill him and not getting hurt.

Jesus was falsely accused by the Pharissees, insulted and beaten by the Romans, hung on the Crucifix where he died. Then the only claims to his resurrection was by his followers, yet they with the fact that he does not appear to others is due to being carted off to heaven before actually starting the work he was sent here to do.

And you do not find that strange?

Forum List

Back