Ivy League miseducation

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
_76534385_169664646.jpg

This doesn't surprise me,

All those thousands of $$$$$ from parents to crank out leftists who cannot think for themselves.

And now, efforts are everywhere to find ways for them to avoid the debts they ran up going to these over-priced zoos.

Read the article @ BBC News - Ivy League miseducation

_76534385_169664646.jpg

All those thousands of $$$$$ from parents to crank out leftists who cannot think for themselves.

And now, efforts are everywhere to find ways for them to avoid the debts they ran up going to these over-priced zoos.

I knew quite a few conservatives at Harvard, nor is Harvard a "ZOO".

_76534385_169664646.jpg

This is just a link to one man's opinion. A popular enough opinion granted. Heard on right wing talk radio and political forums. Now you pass judgement on thousands of parents and graduates based on an article you read. Maybe time to rethink who can't think for themselves?

Are Leftists who can't think for themselves worse than Rightists who can't think for themselves?

psik

The article is complete nonsense. With a few exceptions, the students flowing through these institutions are brilliant, accomplished, and talented BEFORE THEY GET THERE, and even more so after four years at the institutions. They mainly come from well-off families, and they have an irritating belief in their own superiority and entitlement. So what? Generally speaking, they are human.

At 21 or 22 years old, however, THEY DON"T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. Just like most other 21 and 22 year olds. What do you expect?

And lest we forget, "diversity" is nothing more than code language for colleges to be free to do some social engineering. There is no evidence ANYWHERE that "diversity" adds any measurable improvement to the quality of one's education.

What makes the Ivy League schools great is the competition for those seats in each freshman class. It's not the professors or the administrators or the ivy-covered buildings. They get so many applications from such a superior group of applicants that they could put them on a deserted island for four years without any professors at all and at the end of that time they would still be a superior group.

Of whom many people are quite jealous. To wit, this silly article.

Harvard can be pretty zoo-like, with plenty of unthinking, leftist dopes, but it's not "over-priced." A degree with that name at the top is very, very valuable. Students there don't necessarily get a better education than students elsewhere (that usually depends more on how hard you work wherever you are), but the connections that are made and the doors that the name alone opens are very real and very useful in the world after college.

I hate the notion that higher education is reserved for liberals. It's complete BS. Plenty of my friends from the university I went to weren't liberal (including myself). It's a joke.

Are there more liberals are most universities? Yes. That's true. But anybody who says that they're completely flooding these places obviously has never been (at least in the past decade).

There is nothing wrong with being liberal when you are 20. You have no life experience and can't understand why some people are poor while others are rich.

But after supporting yourself in the real world for a couple of decades and paying income and property taxes, only a small percentage of people remain liberal. If voting were restricted to people who support themselves through gainful employment in the private sector, no democrat would ever be elected again.

Forum List

Back