Ivy League admission process biased, unfair

in a perfect world attractiveness of the applicant would actually have no relevance at all.

but then, heritage wouldn't either.

d'uh.

and you making the having a boyfriend info about sexual orientation is very interesting.
well, it didnt say she had a girl friend
LOL

That's just cuz he can't actually argue on my point... so he needs to create an 'issue'. It's typical lefty illusion.

you did that with your post, moron.

deflected from the legacy issue to the minor points you cited.

in a perfect world attractiveness of the applicant would actually have no relevance at all.

but then, heritage wouldn't either.

d'uh.

and you making the having a boyfriend info about sexual orientation is very interesting.
LOL

no, it didn't.

so what was it that heritage says about the applicant?
if you dont already know, my telling you wont help

now i know you will take that as a deflection, but it isnt

LOL

That's just cuz he can't actually argue on my point... so he needs to create an 'issue'. It's typical lefty illusion.

No, I didn't. I simply raised the question of why it matters that she has a boyfriend or that she's attractive. Neither are relevant.

Simply put, oversubscribed schools need some further criteria. I see no reason why a family connection with the school should not be considered. I see absolutely no reason why who she's dating or whether she is attractive or not should enter into the equation at all.

No, I didn't. I simply raised the question of why it matters that she has a boyfriend or that she's attractive. Neither are relevant.

Simply put, oversubscribed schools need some further criteria. I see no reason why a family connection with the school should not be considered. I see absolutely no reason why who she's dating or whether she is attractive or not should enter into the equation at all.
well, clearly single unattractive people don't deserve educations

they only need further criteria if the real hard criteria is fulfilled by too many exactly in the same way.

example.

10 applicants for 5 slots.

all ten have the same grades.

why take the one with the legacy and not one without a father mother grandfather *?

another example:

5 have great grades.

5 don't, but have fathers and grandfathers *.

why give it to those?

that is the point, little girl.

* who have been at that college

Last edited:
if you dont already know, my telling you wont help

now i know you will take that as a deflection, but it isnt

no, that is not a deflection, that is a cop out. in the original sense.

Carlin on mangling the language
i doubt it will change anything
but here

Heredity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:

so applicants without fathers and grandfathers who had already been at the college, don't have a heritage?

where did they come from? didn't they have fathers and grandfathers, too?

no, that is not a deflection, that is a cop out. in the original sense.

Carlin on mangling the language
i doubt it will change anything
but here

Heredity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:

so applicants without fathers and grandfathers who had already been at the college, don't have a heritage?

where did they come from? didn't they have fathers and grandfathers, too?
they didnt go to THAT school
i can see wanting to have legacy admittance

well, clearly single unattractive people don't deserve educations

depends on their heritage, apparently.

they only need further criteria if the real hard criteria is fulfilled by too many exactly in the same way.

example.

why take the one with the legacy and not one without a father mother grandfather *?

another example:

5 have great grades.

why give it to those?

The point.... it's the school's business who it accepts and why. I see no reason why the school should not consider family connections. I see no reason why someone's sexual preference or looks would factor into the equation. If that's too hard for you, little man, then that ain't my problem. I'm not gonna repeat it - again. Conversation is over.

example.

another example:

5 have great grades.

why give it to those?

The point.... it's the school's business who it accepts and why. I see no reason why the school should not consider family connections. I see no reason why someone's sexual preference or looks would factor into the equation. If that's too hard for you, little man, then that ain't my problem. I'm not gonna repeat it - again. Conversation is over.

Fucking idiot.

WHY?

i am for meritocracy.
so you oppose affirmative action too?
or you only like certain privileges

good question. they are actually linked.

ask callybrat the same question, will ya?
yes, i'd say they are somewhat linked
they give a preference to someone for something other than the merit
to me, if its the schools doing, no problem, if it is a government mandate, its the government getting in the way of the schools rights

Last edited:
so you oppose affirmative action too?
or you only like certain privileges

yes, i'd say they are someone linked
to me, if its the schools doing, no problem, if it is a government mandate, its the government getting in the way of the schools rights

to me intent is important.

why give someone who already has a lot of opportunities because he or she stands on the shoulders of their ancestors another break.

so yes, affirmative action is tolerable to me if the group that benefits is disadvantaged.

it is certainly not tolerable if the group that benefits is advantaged anyway.

yes, i'd say they are someone linked

to me intent is important.

why give someone who already has a lot of opportunities because he or she stands on the shoulders of their ancestors another break.

so yes, affirmative action is tolerable to me if the group that benefits is disadvantaged.

it is certainly not tolerable if the group that benefits is advantaged anyway.
to me, there was a time for AA, that time has passed
let it be up to the school

case in point, say i want to run a school and give a preference to freckle faced redheaded step children, what is it to you or anyone else how i run my school, as long as the education meets with current standards?

Forum List

Back