I've said this many times, Trump would be NOBODY today if not for Burnett

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
I've said it a million times before this article was published: Mark Burnett saved Donald Trump from bankruptcy (7th), losing Trump Tower to foreclosure and just becoming another sleazy realtor from Queens....

How Mark Burnett Resurrected Donald Trump as an Icon of American Success
With “The Apprentice,” the TV producer mythologized Trump—then a floundering D-lister—as the ultimate titan, paving his way to the Presidency.

How Mark Burnett Resurrected Donald Trump as an Icon of American Success

Last edited:
Yep. Trump was a failing businessman when he was made into a fake game show host. His hucksterism had caught up to him, and no American banks would touch him with a 10-foot pole.

I'm sure Burnett will spend his eternity in hell going, "D'oh!"

• Banned
Yep. Trump was a failing businessman when he was made into a fake game show host. His hucksterism had caught up to him, and no American banks would touch him with a 10-foot pole.

I'm sure Burnett will spend his eternity in hell going, "D'oh!"

I don't think Burnett has any more of a moral compass than Donald.
He's also produced "Shark Tank" which might be his redemption if he has any guilt at all for lifting Trump from the ash heap.
At least on Shark Tank the stars have to put their money where their mouths are.

• Banned
Great bit about Jimmy Kimmel. Ohhhhhh....was he spot on:

“Television brings people together, but television can also tear us apart,” Kimmel mused. “I mean, if it wasn’t for television, would Donald Trump be running for President?”

In the crowd, there was laughter. “Many have asked, ‘Who is to blame for Donald Trump?’ ” Kimmel continued. “I’ll tell you who, because he’s sitting right there. That guy.” Kimmel pointed into the audience, and the live feed cut to a closeup of Burnett, whose expression resolved itself into a rigid grin.

“Thanks to Mark Burnett, we don’t have to watch reality shows anymore, because we’re living in one,” Kimmel said. Burnett was still smiling, but Kimmel wasn’t. He went on, “I’m going on the record right now. He’s responsible. If Donald Trump gets elected and he builds that wall, the first person we’re throwing over it is Mark Burnett. The tribe has spoken.”"

upload_2018-12-27_14-39-56.gif
:

Forum List

Back