I've Only Been On The Board For An Hour...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
... and I'm already "OUT OF REP." I'm not sure how much you can give out inside a certain amount of time, but it's always telling me I've given too much out in the past 24 hours.

My suggestion is this, "up it by at least 10." My reasoning, because the board has grown so much and so many more people are here. The number of reps you can give out hasn't grown with the board.

Last edited:
... and I'm already "OUT OF REP." I'm not sure how much you can give out inside a certain amount of time, but it's always telling me I've given too much out in the past 24 hours.

My suggestion is this, "up it by at least 10." My reasoning, because the board has grown so much and so many more people are here. The number of reps you can give out hasn't grown with the board.

Well if you didn't roll over like a two dollar whore for every poster who defends Gunny ....

(I'm kidding, I think it's a pretty good idea)

Then we would also need to increase the number of people you have to rep before you can rep the same person again.

Then we would also need to increase the number of people you have to rep before you can rep the same person again.

Why?

Well your rationale is to increase the daily max rep counts becuase we have more members?
Well then we need to spread the rumor around more rather than concentrate in in cliques, hence raise the "Dead on you" count proprotionally to the max rep count.

Jus gotta spell it out for some people.

Why?

Well your rationale is to increase the daily max rep counts becuase we have more members?
Well then we need to spread the rumor around more rather than concentrate in in cliques, hence raise the "Dead on you" count proprotionally to the max rep count.

Jus gotta spell it out for some people.

Well that is your rationale, and logical, but if I'm not mistaken, the number of people you have to rep before you can rep them again has ALREADY been raised, possibly more than once, so no, that wouldn't have to be altered again.

Yes, the go around again is up to 10 now, from 7 when I started here.

But the reason for that is folks were badly abusing it.

I think raising the number of times per day by 5 would be cool, and raising the go around again to 12 also would be cool.

Well I wonder if something did happen... I've been able to give out three more reps since I started this thread, and when I did that I was out... :eusa_eh:

Intelligence is a constant, while increasing rep would just be infaltionary. If you could rep more due to an increase in intelligent posts, you might have a case.

Intelligence is a constant, while increasing rep would just be inflationary. If you could rep more due to an increase in intelligent posts, you might have a case.
I suspect there are fewer reps given for intelligent posts than say for jokes, favoritism and just for the hell of it.

Intelligence is a constant, while increasing rep would just be inflationary. If you could rep more due to an increase in intelligent posts, you might have a case.
I suspect there are fewer reps given for intelligent posts than say for jokes, favoritism and just for the hell of it.

I have to agree with that. But still, it seems to run out pretty fast, no matter what you're using it for.

If admin does give us a little more to dole out in 24 hours, I hope they let us know.

That's odd...I wonder why I didn't receive any rep from you? :eusa_think:

you missed the cut, sorry.

I'm too elite for him.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I'm too elite for him.

You're part of the evil top 2% of rep holders...you have more rep than you need...what this board needs to do is tax your rep and redistribute the proceeds to the less fortunate...rep challenged. :razz:

We need that rep to use toward universal anti-virus.

Last edited:

Ask the people that abused the system.

Ask the people that abused the system.
Sorry, I was gone for a while, so indulge me, please. Before I took time off, one could give out 24 reps within a 24 hour period and one could rep someone a second time after they had repped eight other posters.

What are the new 24-hour limits and what are the settings for giving a second rep to the same poster? If you don't mind sharing them.

Forum List

Back