I've Moved To Two Thirds Equities

Only thing I can tell you Cammp...you are riding a wave. It is fun and awesome while it last - but if your timing is off just one or two days when this bubble ends - your gains will vaporize right before your eyes and you will lose large.
In 2009 I made over 30%. I didn't lose one dime in 2008 because my timing was perfect, which I will probably not be that lucky ever again. I missed the 2008 nose-dive by just a couple months, and I got back in at just over 9,200 in '09 and sold out at in late-late 2010 when it was just about 11,400.
I have been out ever since.
We are at prime market peak. The market is selling higher now than pre-recession, pre-European debt crises, pre-China trouble etc. etc. etc.
It is insanely high, worse really than in 2007.
It is going to burst, I don't know of anyone who thinks otherwise...it is simply a matter of when.
I am not risking my retirement on a market that is waaaay oversold.

Reading your OP...I am reminded of a statement by Warren Buffet on making money in the stock market..."When others are afraid - be brave, but when others are brave - be very afraid."

There are many things that will cause the market to go North and South. Just remember that the DOW is composed of 30 companies and the stock market is not the economy.

In 2011 I was essentially in cash and low yield bonds. The last week of December I moved to two thirds equities and one third low yield bonds. My portfolio is up 11% in less than 2 months. I believe the market has the European calamity already priced in and I believe any large institution already knows what they will do if Greece falls on it's face. I feel sure they've also factored in further trouble in Spain and Italy.

Are you a broker hoping that some of the ones that got basted in '08 might be gullible? Y'all have a lot to prove yet. Volatility ain;'t helpin none. 'European crisis"? any freaking excuse will do, heh?

Only thing I can tell you Cammp...you are riding a wave. It is fun and awesome while it last - but if your timing is off just one or two days when this bubble ends - your gains will vaporize right before your eyes and you will lose large.
In 2009 I made over 30%. I didn't lose one dime in 2008 because my timing was perfect, which I will probably not be that lucky ever again. I missed the 2008 nose-dive by just a couple months, and I got back in at just over 9,200 in '09 and sold out at in late-late 2010 when it was just about 11,400.
We are at prime market peak. The market is selling higher now than pre-recession, pre-European debt crises, pre-China trouble etc. etc. etc.
It is going to burst, I don't know of anyone who thinks otherwise...it is simply a matter of when.
I'm scoping out another 15 acres with a river (irrigation).It's going tp be great for Papaya.

In 2011 I was essentially in cash and low yield bonds. The last week of December I moved to two thirds equities and one third low yield bonds. My portfolio is up 11% in less than 2 months. I believe the market has the European calamity already priced in and I believe any large institution already knows what they will do if Greece falls on it's face. I feel sure they've also factored in further trouble in Spain and Italy.

Are you a broker hoping that some of the ones that got basted in '08 might be gullible? Y'all have a lot to prove yet. Volatility ain;'t helpin none. 'European crisis"? any freaking excuse will do, heh?

Hilarious isn't it?
Make up anything they can to try and keep the 401k money in.

Got physical Gold and Silver on hand?

Why is it so many people still insist on investing in fiat currencies and other PAPER products?

Gold and silver are the ONLY investments that will survive the coming worldwide economic meltdown.

I guess all that paper will come in handy for starting fires and wiping your butts.

As will investments in land.... agricultural and development. There's some serious money to be made in housing if you look outside the US. Just sayin'.

I'm watching Thursday Spain bond sales. If that tanks, my bond position will quickly move into equities for about three days to a week, then back out.

Got physical Gold and Silver on hand?

Why is it so many people still insist on investing in fiat currencies and other PAPER products?

Gold and silver are the ONLY investments that will survive the coming worldwide economic meltdown.

I guess all that paper will come in handy for starting fires and wiping your butts.

As will investments in land.... agricultural and development. There's some serious money to be made in housing if you look outside the US. Just sayin'.
The people living in those houses need energy and food......just sayin'

You should pay far more in taxes on that ill-gotten gain.

Thursday Spain will try to sell enough bonds to cover their debts. Should the rates be too high or not enough are sold, the EU has to step in for another country. Friday should be interesting.

There is a difference between a Bubble and a Pull Back.
I would never take advice from any person on these forums.
It is time in the market not timing the market that is more important.

I believe that there will be pull backs. However, I have not seen any Irrational Exuberance.

If Spain makes it tomorrow, things should be good for awhile. Otherwise, its meltdown time starting Thursday.

map.jpg

Forum List

Back