I've lived in Mexico over 20 years

So I know a thing or two about Mexico
I live with illegal aliens from Mexico. I get this sense of hopelessness and ennui from them. They seem to revel in pain and suffering. Bullfights and cockfights and even the religious reliquaries are about pain and blood and suffering. And the calaveras, those humorous depictions of the dead mock the living. Mexicans seem to romance death and decay.

I live with illegal aliens from Mexico. I get this sense of hopelessness and ennui from them. They seem to revel in pain and suffering. Bullfights and cockfights and even the religious reliquaries are about pain and blood and suffering. And the calaveras, those humorous depictions of the dead mock the living. Mexicans seem to romance death and decay.
We sure need more of that brand of morose in the US.

I work with their better aspects, Sinaloa has it's way.... offend them they walk away tomorrow they come back and kill you... other regions there' way of doing things.

I work with their better aspects, Sinaloa has it's way.... offend them they walk away tomorrow they come back and kill you... other regions there' way of doing things.
I remember seeing a Mexican man disciplining his boy, some others would say BEATING his boy, and the kid was...laughing!. It astounded me the difference between American culture and Mexican... I was afraid if my father looked at me sidewise...but THAT took this to another level. Taking away their kids from them, what do you think?

Last edited:

Welcome!

So

Have you become corrupted like them too....after 20 years in Mexico?

Me and my family lived there for three years only....we had to leave LOL

my Dad (RIP Dad) whom we adored could not stand the corruption in Mexico anymore

It was astounding to me. If a Mexican parent can beat his kid, and the kid can endure that, what is the big deal if child protection agencies separates them from that same parent ? Why does everyone suppose these kids should to be reunited with their parents? Perhaps its better if they didn't?

Good, share some of your experiences.
I will in time Mike got to get settled first
It was astounding to me. If a Mexican parent can beat his kid, and the kid can endure that, what is the big deal if child protection agencies separates them from that same parent ? Why does everyone suppose these kids should to be reunited with their parents? Perhaps its better if they didn't?
The culture here is quite different. It's a matter of, if we, as Americans, want Latinos sneaking in or deterring them from violating our borders.

The culture here is quite different. It's a matter of, if we, as Americans, want Latinos sneaking in or deterring them from violating our borders.

what do you think of the corruption in Mexico?

I met a fellow at the funeral of his sister. He told us he lived in Mexico and was here only for the funeral and would be going back next day. He said he moved there with $150,000 cash and a $2,500 a month pension, which he said buys him a luxurious lifestyle.

It all sounded very good but some people tend to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. That was about fifteen years ago. Would you say what this fellow told us was true? Is it safe for Americans to move to Mexico? I wouldn't think so, but what do I know.

Take your time. We're all just goofing around here on USMB.

what do you think of the corruption in Mexico?
It's epidemic. AMLO, whom I disliked, is the least corrupt by Mexican standards and he's... well I'll leave it at that. Im impressed by his cabinet choices and demeanor with Trump in the immediate.

Why do the last 3 letters of your moniker spell "SJW"?
Never thought about it pilgrim
I reckon that's a good thing. Apparently I have accepted you enough for you to meet the unofficial USMB mascot.

3.jpg

I met a fellow at the funeral of his sister. He told us he lived in Mexico and was here only for the funeral and would be going back next day. He said he moved there with $150,000 cash and a $2,500 a month pension, which he said buys him a luxurious lifestyle.

It all sounded very good but some people tend to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. That was about fifteen years ago. Would you say what this fellow told us was true? Is it safe for Americans to move to Mexico? I wouldn't think so, but what do I know.
LOL, how true, Im poor as heck lost all and stuck for doing the right thing go figure

LOL, how true, Im poor as heck lost all and stuck for doing the right thing go figure
I still have my humor, honor, and self respect. To me that's what counts.

Forum List

Back