I've Lived In Black Neighborhoods and White Neighborhoods...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
presently, I live in a white neighborhood...

but I'd give practically anything to be back in a black neighborhood...

folks there were genuine...

and it was never dull...

My husband's neighborhood was always hopping....in a good way. My mostly white neighborhood is pretty dull in comparison. People don't socialize or really even leave their homes much.

My hood is interesting.

To my left, I have a Hispanic couple. She is an RN, he works for AT&T. Our youngest children play together. We talk politics a lot and he always agrees with me :lol:

Across the street I have a Muslim couple. After our first initial 'meeting' where he backed into my car, we snail mail each other Christmas cards... :cuckoo: Yes, I know, but it is what it is... :eusa_angel:

To the right of the Muslim couple, is an elderly deaf couple.
They are a riot, and they never complain about the noise!

To the left of the Muslim couple is a family from India. They haven't been in the hood but for a short time. I know her a little, looking forward to getting to know them all better.

Down at the corner is a family from the Ukraine. She teaches piano. When I stop by I get stuck talking to them for hours!

Down a few houses to my right is a family from Pakistan, from Grandparents to children. When the sun starts shining toward their front yard in March, they open their garage door. You can see Grandpa taking a nap on a cot there sometimes. When Grandma cooks (on what I assume is a hibachi) it smells sooo good!

I could go on...but I just got lazy :D

In the black neighborhood here people keep their yards mowed and picked up better. More block parties too.

In the black neighborhood here people keep their yards mowed and picked up better. More block parties too.

No one would praise a white neighborhood by saying, "people keep their yards mowed." We expect so little from the Afros, that we'll even overlook neglected yards and say "they keep their yards mowed."

The block party might be nice, except when you have work in the morning and the little Trayvons are making lots of noise well into the night.

When I lived in a primarily black neighborhood there was loud music,gun shots,people pissing in public,drug dealers,fights,breakin's,people trespassing constantly and I had to check my yard for drug paraphernalia before I could let my kids go outside. Cops had a substation in the neighborhood they were there so much. When I left I never looked back.

No one would praise a white neighborhood by saying, "people keep their yards mowed." We expect so little from the Afros, that we'll even overlook neglected yards and say "they keep their yards mowed."

The block party might be nice, except when you have work in the morning and the little Trayvons are making lots of noise well into the night.

Lots of white people praise their neighborhoods for the quality of the groundskeeping and yard mowing, but the majority of the white areas around here aren't that nice. In the less affluent areas of town, most of the black folks tend to be very good neighbors. The block parties aren't that loud too late after dark, especially on Saturday night when folks have to get up and go to church the next morning.

Lots of white people praise their neighborhoods for the quality of the groundskeeping and yard mowing,

People praise white neighborhoods for the flower gardens and trimmed trees, not merely for mowed lawns. The not-very-nice white neighborhoods are not praised, even if the lawns are mowed.

In the less affluent areas of town, most of the black folks tend to be very good neighbors.

Blacks can be very friendly people. But, I'm not so sure about being good neighbors. And, behind their friendliness, they still see whites and whites first, even though you're a relative asset to the neighborhood.

Blacks can be very friendly people. But, I'm not so sure about being good neighbors. And, behind their friendliness, they still see whites and whites first, even though you're a relative asset to the neighborhood.

After my divorce, my friend Ron came over to my house. He told me that if I ever needed anything, or had any problems in my house at all, to call him first, and he'd be there faster than the police could be.

We've been friends for 12 years now, since our daughter started kindergarten together as best friends.

You're a fool, Ariux. You're projecting your own racial issues on other folks who have nothing to do with you, and will never see the world in the way you do.

You are a retard.

The most unsavoury social element on two legs belongs to the caucasian race. Ask anyone - regardless of their political affiliation - and they'll all confirm that pikeys are the only group of people who truly deserved Hitler's wrath.

presently, I live in a white neighborhood...

but I'd give practically anything to be back in a black neighborhood...

folks there were genuine...

and it was never dull...

:eusa_boohoo:

Yeah. Crack deals and shootings are so exciting. White people are so boring, obeying the law, inventing stuff, fixing engines, programming computers, curing diseases, writing novels, planning moon landings... what a yawn.

Forum List

Back