I've had three events in my life that confirmed my belief in God

I won't get into the details because these events were deeply personal, but each was a major turning-point that set me in a totally new and better direction.

Each time God reached to me, I was in deep anguish. Then, afterwards, I felt much better, with a new lease on life.

People who say they have no proof of God, I will tell you this.

If you want proof of God, then pray.

If you pray hard enough, God will present himself to you.
More than 3 for me, makes the hair on the back of my neck when I think about what happened. Freeky.

god does not exist. Personal experience confirms this. I have seen and sadly even participated in things that would not have happened if there was god watching over the world.
What did you expect God to do?
Oh, nothing much. Just not let people be tortured to death in the name of religion, not let babies die of cancer, not let good people be hit by busses,. You know, the simple things you'd expect from a benevolent diety.

lol.... People were living and dying and doing evil things to one another long before God said, "Be nice, don't steal, don't screw your neighbor, etc.....

Many people hear that and think that God is too bossy, a capricious and petty control freak or something ....lol...

But seriously, If people don't give a shit how they live, why should God give a shit that people die?
I don't think you are understanding my point.

Maybe so, but I do know that you really have no idea what a benevolent deity would do.

Do you really think that cancer or a good person being hit by a bus is evidence that there is no God or that he is a sick bastard?

The way I see it, living on this planet forever would be far worse than dying of cancer....Imagine being stuck with trump supporters, Jesus eaters, white supremacists, islamic fundamentalists, politicians, bureaucrats, NPC's, and evangelical assholes for all eternity?

A few more steps down the republican highway to hell and you will be praying to God for death.
Wow, you are completely insane, aren't you.

I concur.

I have no doubt that God exists and that He loves His children.

When I was originally seeking to know whether He was real and where to find Him it was humble prayer and study of the scriptures that eventually led me to a point where the Holy Spirit could whack me awake to the Truth.

But it takes faith. Even faith so small that you can only just believe He might exist and have a way to reveal Himself
So if god loves his children, why does he make some of them defprmed, and give others cancer...?

I won't get into the details because these events were deeply personal, but each was a major turning-point that set me in a totally new and better direction.

Each time God reached to me, I was in deep anguish. Then, afterwards, I felt much better, with a new lease on life.

People who say they have no proof of God, I will tell you this.

If you want proof of God, then pray.

If you pray hard enough, God will present himself to you.
So how did god reach out to you?

Oh, nothing much. Just not let people be tortured to death in the name of religion, not let babies die of cancer, not let good people be hit by busses,. You know, the simple things you'd expect from a benevolent diety.
Genesis tells us that mankind had all of that, but wanted one thing more: Humans wanted the knowledge--and to experience--both good and evil. God warned against eating this fruit, but we (mankind) insisted. What you are experiencing is nostalgia of a bygone time, or perhaps a longing of a future time where there is the promise of all tears being wiped away.

At present, we are living in a physical world with physical realities. We are also spirit, whereas God is pure spirit. He helps our spirits bear the physical realities we have chosen.
Excuses.

Why would a god need them?

What did you expect God to do?

lol.... People were living and dying and doing evil things to one another long before God said, "Be nice, don't steal, don't screw your neighbor, etc.....

Many people hear that and think that God is too bossy, a capricious and petty control freak or something ....lol...

But seriously, If people don't give a shit how they live, why should God give a shit that people die?

Maybe so, but I do know that you really have no idea what a benevolent deity would do.

Do you really think that cancer or a good person being hit by a bus is evidence that there is no God or that he is a sick bastard?

The way I see it, living on this planet forever would be far worse than dying of cancer....Imagine being stuck with trump supporters, Jesus eaters, white supremacists, islamic fundamentalists, politicians, bureaucrats, NPC's, and evangelical assholes for all eternity?

A few more steps down the republican highway to hell and you will be praying to God for death.
No, you just haven't though this through very well.

I'm not surprised since derision seems to be your only aim.

No, you just haven't though this through very well.

I'm not surprised since derision seems to be your only aim.
He's kinda right, you ARE insane.

They took care of us for a few years, but when we got to be teenagers, they put us into foster care.

Fully knowing what the two paths led to, I chose my Grandparents.

but I feel it was more like God asking me if I really wanted to go back with my Grandparents,

there is something a little confusing about that story ... if your grandparents sent you to the foster care, was it for you a decision to return uninvited, maybe that's why you think the upstairs guy intervened - frankly, I can not imagine your grandparents sent you off to begin with to foster care, where was upstairs on that one. how'd your sister fair. all hail the navy.

Actually, the main reason they sent us into foster care was because they were getting older (at the time they were 60), and also, they found a really good program called Casey Family Foundation. Not only would it have provided me with a full ride to college, but there were also other benefits that came with being selected. Interestingly enough, it was around an 8 month process of screenings and stuff like that before we were accepted.

As far as did I go back uninvited? Nope. There were several times that my Grandparents said they wished they didn't send us away, but they were happy that we were being afforded the opportunity for college. And, when I ran away back to them, about 2 weeks later, they asked me if I could get my sister to come back as well, and I did.

As far as thinking that God changed my Grandparents mind? Nope, not quite the point of the story. The point was, that I had a choice in the parking lot of the truck stop. Either (a) go back to Missoulla, live with the foster family, and get a college education, or (b) go back to my Grandparents in Vaughn, and live with my family who loved me, but would be killing any chances of going to college because they didn't have the money to send me.

Personal testimony is evidence.
Wrong, it is not. 100% incorrect. We are not deciding the truth of god by a jury of 12 people.

If that were true, then we would know Christianity is false, since the vast majority of people who have ever lived do not believe in it. So you should really reconsider this bad argument you are pushing.

I'll add to that personal testimony as I am filled with the spirit and have Jesus in my heart. It's has stood the test of time and of many witnesses. While no one has witnessed humans from monkeys ha ha.
And you have never seen Jesus, either. You have nothing but a bronze age book of fairy tales. So that's a pretty stupid thing for you to gloat over.

I have not seen Jesus, but will in the afterlife. He's in my heart as I wrote, but you can't read and comprehend very well. Do you have Satan in your heart with all your godless rants?

Wrong, it is not. 100% incorrect. We are not deciding the truth of god by a jury of 12 people.

If that were true, then we would know Christianity is false, since the vast majority of people who have ever lived do not believe in it. So you should really reconsider this bad argument you are pushing.

I'll add to that personal testimony as I am filled with the spirit and have Jesus in my heart. It's has stood the test of time and of many witnesses. While no one has witnessed humans from monkeys ha ha.
And you have never seen Jesus, either. You have nothing but a bronze age book of fairy tales. So that's a pretty stupid thing for you to gloat over.

I have not seen Jesus, but will in the afterlife. He's in my heart as I wrote, but you can't read and comprehend very well. Do you have Satan in your heart with all your godless rants?
How do you know that you’ll see Jesus when you die? You read that in a book?

"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’" Matthew 25:21

What you will hear is
"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Can the non-believers ever change their worldview and believe in the truth of Jesus? It's one step in the right direction that makes all the difference in the world.

"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’" Matthew 25:21

What you will hear is
"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Can the non-believers ever change their worldview and believe in the truth of Jesus? It's one step in the right direction that makes all the difference in the world.
So you really on a book of fiction to tell you things. Sad.

What you will hear is

You asked a question and the good book answers it.

And you are wrong in stating that the bible is a book of fiction. This is your usual. The bible is the world's best selling non-fiction book.

Don't feel sad for me. Feel sad for yourself and people who believe in Darwin's book.

What you will hear is

And you are wrong in stating that the bible is a book of fiction. This is your usual. The bible is the world's best selling non-fiction book.

Don't feel sad for me. Feel sad for yourself and people who believe in Darwin's book.
So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia for his boat?

What you will hear is

they make amends for applicable text when it suits their purpose but never for their own ... their 10K pg. document is riddled with forgeries and deception deliberately sealed for that reason - be happy if the nonsensical kangaroos is your escape from their clutches. the true intent of those events should be your concern.

New Topics

Forum List

Back