I've decided to convert and join the OWS. Who is with me?

Actually I don't care so much about the debt so long as I get that living wage even though I've been unemployed (i.e. mostly retired) for some time now. With that I can pay my bills. And you have no idea what I have in mind as necessary to be a living wage. :)

"Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands."
So, you don't even have a point.

That's just fucking astounding.

This might have something to do with the mission of the OWS.

The ration for CEO to Average Worker pay in:

Japan=11:1
Germany=12:1
France=15:1
Italy=20:1
Canda:20:1
South America=21:1
Britian= 22:1
Mexico=47:1
Venezula=50:1
USA=475:1

(August 2011)

(August 2011)

Just curious, but have you quit doing business with those companies that you feel have excessive CEO salaries?

(August 2011)

Don't know where you get your info but look deeper, 200% increase in pay for CEO's during the Clinton years. Just want to keep the record straight..........

(August 2011)

:lol: A ratio...So what does it mean ?

(August 2011)

That justifies coercing, bribing, paying, tricking people into marching? But your 475 to 1 ratio looks a little off. How about posting a link so we can see that you found a valid source instead of some partisan wacko site?

But never mind. It should be easy to add a demand that everybody be paid the same from the janitor to the Chairman of the Board. How hard could that be. Anything to make you happy.

(August 2011)
Source?

Or did you gather that data yourself?

(I seriously doubt the latter.)

So, your source?

Here is a different set of numbers.
THE RATIO OF AVERAGE CEO COMPENSATION AND MINIMUM WAGE WORKER IN THE US 1965-2005
2005 - 821:1 (Worker- Minimum wage $5.15/hr plus benefits)
2004 - 725:1
2003 - 540:1
2002 - 416:1
2001 - 668:1
2000 - 815:1
1992 - 319:1
1989 - 207:1
1978 - 78:1
1965 - 51:1
Source: Mercer Survey of 350 large industrial and service firms conducted for the Wall Street Journal
Warren Buffett's Corporate Governance and Succession Plan

"Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands."
So, you don't even have a point.

That's just fucking astounding.

Well, my gast is totally flabbered. Is yours?

(August 2011)

Source?

And.... if you don't like our Republic, feel free to move. We promise not to give a shit. Don't write. Don't call. We won't care.

Leave.

Where do I sign?

smilememe1.gif

(August 2011)

Source?

And.... if you don't like our Republic, feel free to move. We promise not to give a shit. Don't write. Don't call. We won't care.

Leave.

Sorry,we may give up on you all in the future but for now you are stuck with those of us who actually produce shit in this country and don't suck on the rest of us.

And a great discussion showing the deeper ramifications of regulating executive pay. The report itself is worth reading through but way too long to post.

The preamble:

The economic slowdown and the active political season are generating calls for imposing new regulations on executive pay. The presidential candidates of the two major parties have lashed out at what they perceive to be excessive pay for certain executives or for corporate executives in general.

Such populist sentiments are often based on misunderstandings about the role of corporate executives in the economy and the vigorous competition that exists for these highly skilled leaders. In the past, federal regulatory efforts based on such misunderstandings have generated unintended consequences, which have damaged the economy and hurt the ability of the market for executives to self-regulate over time.

The labor market for executives and the associated pay levels are already subject to high levels of regulation. Indeed, U.S. corporations are subject to more stringent executive pay disclosure requirements than corporations anywhere else in the world. Before additional regulatory and legislative efforts are unleashed, policymakers should examine the rationale for current pay structures and the strong links between executive pay and corporate performance.

Ira T. Kay is global practice director of executive compensation consulting at Watson Wyatt Worldwide. Steven Van Putten is a practice leader of Watson Wyatt's executive compensation consulting practice.

The misperceptions that drive regulatory efforts are grounded in the idea that the market for executives is not competitive and that pay levels do not reflect supply and demand for talent. Critics claim that executives essentially set their own pay through their influence over the boards of directors of corporations. This "myth of managerial power" leads some policy makers to conclude that greater government regulation is necessary because the market is "rigged." However, a large body of empirical research documents that labor markets for executives are indeed competitive, and that pay levels track corporate performance.

This study examines the market forces that set the parameters of executive compensation, the process that boards use to determine pay packages, and the data that indicate the efficient workings of the current "pay-for-performance" model. It also discusses the adverse consequences of imposing rules and regulations on an executive compensation system that has helped to generate great wealth for shareholders and millions of jobs for American workers.
Executive Pay: Regulation vs. Market Competition | Ira T. Kay and Steven Van Putten | Cato Institute: Policy Analysis

Forum List

Back