I've decided I'm staying home on election day.

Every state offers health programs for children of parents who can't otherwise afford it. Anyone over 18 who wants health cares needs to pay for it themself. Period.

If you think the economy is headed for depression, you're walking a lonely road. The economy plummeted yesterday, and soared today. That's been the trend for weeks, BECAUSE of this bailout. The truth is we don't need the bailout, nor can we afford it. Your reasoning seems to be, "We wasted money in Iraq, may as well waste money to save our economy." The buck has to stop somewhere, and I vote for its stopping right here and right now.

I strike YOU as a one issue voter? That's no surprise. I post on every major issue in this campaign, and I point out my views on every single one of them.

I also understand that Obama can't overturn Roe v. Wade, and I also understand that he doesn't want to and won't. I want someone in office who will appoint justices who WILL overturn it because it's an unconstitutional ruling.

Was this meant to offend me? I've already stated my content with the status quo.

And I'm sure you're already brainwashing her to vote for him, too, even though you have no idea what kind of president he'll be.

No Bailout, you better hope you can still get those student loans your using to push your way thru college.

So it bothers you he just paid off his student loans, the guy could have paid them years ago if he went for the money. I dont get it Jsanders.

It was a joke, chill out. Someone commented on who's better at paying bills, and I pointed out that it took the man 20 years to pay off his student loans when he clearly should have had the money working as a lawyer professor to pay them off years ago. After I graduate, I can have my student loans paid off in a matter of 3 years, as long as I don't go out and buy a brand new house, car, and furniture. And I promise you I won't be making as much as he did as a law professor.

Reply To Gunnys Post

Yep, prolonging the inevitable with more bandaids will only make the final outcome worse, get it over with so we can move on and get the debt our government accumulated paid off. Otherwise the next dozen generations will be paying for this mistake.

This isn't about our national debt. That's a whole 'nuther can of worms. This is about insolvent financial institutions who have played to many high-risk games with their capital, and people who have been living beyond their means for so long that this last little increase in prices in general threw them so far into the red they can't get out.

A couple of us said 6 months ago when oil first went up, then everything else you could buy went up with it, and it was reported Americans were not driving less nor spending less that they were putting the increase on credit and they'd be screwed in 6 months. Been about 6 months or so and we're seeing the result.

We're seeing the result of the government putting an artificial price on gas, and lending institutions putting artificial prices on loans, and people living on artificial income.

Well, artificial has met cold, hard reality and it ain't pretty.

This isn't about our national debt. That's a whole 'nuther can of worms. This is about insolvent financial institutions who have played to many high-risk games with their capital, and people who have been living beyond their means for so long that this last little increase in prices in general threw them so far into the red they can't get out.

A couple of us said 6 months ago when oil first went up, then everything else you could buy went up with it, and it was reported Americans were not driving less nor spending less that they were putting the increase on credit and they'd be screwed in 6 months. Been about 6 months or so and we're seeing the result.

We're seeing the result of the government putting an artificial price on gas, and lending institutions putting artificial prices on loans, and people living on artificial income.

Well, artificial has met cold, hard reality and it ain't pretty.

True, just in the habit of looking at bigger cans myself.

True, just in the habit of looking at bigger cans myself.

But, IMO, THAT is part of the problem. As long as you take care of the little cans without losing sight of the big can, the latter sooner or later becomes the former since it is most comprised of "little cans."

If you address the big can first, it's like dealing with a hydra ... chop off the head and two more grow in its place.

we first need to become stable internally as a Nation. Then we need to get ourselves out of hock with foreign nations. That's ideally.

Realistically, politicians are going to keep playing their stupid little games along with the majority in this nation no longer having the will to suck it up and march on, and it isn't likely.

We'll just get another bandaid so the pundits can get back to squabbling over the difference between McBama and O'Cain.

could you be more retarded? I doubt it. You're a waste of time Js...

You obviously know nothing about the economy. Come back when you do.

Gunny, I agree with your entire post especially this part

:lol:

He's telling you how retarded this bailout is, which YOU support, but you agree with his post? So basically you're in favor of the bailout even though it's not in your best interest?

Forum List

Back