Ive been in a very dark place

Oh really? How many suicides in progress have you prevented? You and Grace do not know what you are talking about. Coddling a suicide is aiding and abetting. They have lost their will to live and don't care what others think any more. Your coo cooing is wasted on them. If you really care you will treat them like a child standing in the middle of the freeway. You don't try to "sweet talk" them out of the situation. You do whatever it takes with as much force and certainty as you have to. You must make them see what they are doing to those that care about them in clear and graffic terms. You must be their wits and good decision and will to fight and live. Anything short of that and YOU HAVE FAILED THEM!!! I am not going to tell you to piss off because I know I am right having been there and done that and have two living brothers as proof of success. They do not need agreement...they need someone that cares to challenge their bad decision.

You're full of shit, and anyone who has ever worked with people who are suicidal will tell you so.

Your brothers survived despite you, not because of you. I guarantee it.

You don't know or guarantee jack shit. I just got a call from my youngest brother this afternoon. He COUNTS on my council when he hits a rough patch. As he did and received today. I can take your idiot opinion. I know I am right. Oh..and so does Fitnah when he comes to his senses. You twits wanna help as long as it doesn't smudge your nail polish. Think what you want. I know if you are looking good..you are feeling good!

I know what you have shared, and provided you're not lying, I can guarantee plenty.

You're an idiot. I'm sure your brother is grateful, because undoubtedly you've convinced him that he should be.

But you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to suicide and depression. You've convinced yourself that you cured your brothers. You didn't, and hopefully your craziness won't damage them.

1. "Unfortunately, suicidal people are afraid that trying to get help may bring them more pain: being told they are stupid, foolish, sinful, or manipulative; rejection; punishment; suspension from school or job; written records of their condition; or involuntary commitment. You need to do everything you can to reduce pain, rather than increase or prolong it. Constructively involving yourself on the side of life as early as possible will reduce the risk of suicide.
  1. Listen.
  2. Give the person every opportunity to unburden his troubles and ventilate his feelings. You don't need to say much and there are no magic words. If you are concerned, your voice and manner will show it. Give him relief from being alone with his pain; let him know you are glad he turned to you. Patience, sympathy, acceptance. Avoid arguments and advice giving."
"
WARNING SIGNS

Conditions associated with increased risk of suicide

• Death or terminal illness of relative or friend.
  • Divorce, separation, broken relationship, stress on family.
  • Loss of health (real or imaginary).
  • Loss of job, home, money, status, self-esteem, personal security.
  • Alcohol or drug abuse.
  • Depression. In the young depression may be masked by hyperactivity or acting out behavior. In the elderly it may be incorrectly attributed to the natural effects of aging. Depression that seems to quickly disappear for no apparent reason is cause for concern. The early stages of recovery from depression can be a high risk period. Recent studies have associated anxiety disorders with increased risk for attempted suicide. "
"
Suicidal Behavior

• Previous suicide attempts, mini-attempts.
  • Explicit statements of suicidal ideation or feelings.
  • Development of suicidal plan, acquiring the means, rehearsal behavior, setting a time for the attempt.
  • Self-inflicted injuries, such as cuts, burns, or head banging.
  • Reckless behavior. (Besides suicide, other leading causes of death among young people in New York City are homicide, accidents, drug overdose, and AIDS.) Unexplained accidents among children and the elderly.
  • Making out a will or giving away favorite possessions.
  • Inappropriately saying goodbye.
  • Verbal behavior that is ambiguous or indirect: I'm going away on a real long trip., You won't have to worry about me anymore., I want to go to sleep and never wake up., I'm so depressed, I just can't go on., Does God punish suicides?, Voices are telling me to do bad things., requests for euthanasia information, inappropriate joking, stories or essays on morbid themes.
Click here for more common signs of someone who may be suicidal.
A WARNING ABOUT WARNING SIGNS

The majority of the population at any one time does not have many of the warning signs and has a lower suicide risk rate. But a lower rate in a larger population is still a lot of people - and many completed suicides had only a few of the conditions listed above. In a one person to another person situation, all indications of suicidality need to be taken seriously.
What can I do to help someone who may be suicidal?

You're full of shit, and anyone who has ever worked with people who are suicidal will tell you so.

Your brothers survived despite you, not because of you. I guarantee it.

You don't know or guarantee jack shit. I just got a call from my youngest brother this afternoon. He COUNTS on my council when he hits a rough patch. As he did and received today. I can take your idiot opinion. I know I am right. Oh..and so does Fitnah when he comes to his senses. You twits wanna help as long as it doesn't smudge your nail polish. Think what you want. I know if you are looking good..you are feeling good!

I know what you have shared, and provided you're not lying, I can guarantee plenty.

You're an idiot. I'm sure your brother is grateful, because undoubtedly you've convinced him that he should be.

But you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to suicide and depression. You've convinced yourself that you cured your brothers. You didn't, and hopefully your craziness won't damage them.

I nor you nor anyone can cure someone of thoughts of suicide. The best we can do is convince them that it is wrong and do everything in our power to help prevent the demons from winning. My youngest brother still has despair and thoughts of suicide after his son drowned 35 years ago. At least he has known who to turn to for love and advice to keep those thoughts from taking control over his life. I don't care what you think about it. I am just grateful he is still with us. That is all that matters to me.

Funny, I'm looking and nowhere does it say that "If you look good you feel good" in relation to SUICIDE and depression.

Huggy, I love you but you're nuts. Please educate yourself about suicide. It's good that your brothers love and depend upon you, but there are better ways of dealing with suicide risk:

"
How can suicide be prevented?

Effective suicide prevention is based on sound research. Programs that work take into account people's risk factors and promote interventions that are appropriate to specific groups of people. For example, research has shown that mental and substance abuse disorders are risk factors for suicide. Therefore, many programs focus on treating these disorders in addition to addressing suicide risk specifically.
Psychotherapy, or "talk therapy," can effectively reduce suicide risk. One type is called cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT can help people learn new ways of dealing with stressful experiences by training them to consider alternative actions when thoughts of suicide arise.
Another type of psychotherapy called dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) has been shown to reduce the rate of suicide among people with borderline personality disorder, a serious mental illness characterized by unstable moods, relationships, self-image, and behavior. A therapist trained in DBT helps a person recognize when his or her feelings or actions are disruptive or unhealthy, and teaches the skills needed to deal better with upsetting situations.
Some medications may also help. For example, the antipsychotic medication clozapine is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for suicide prevention in people with schizophrenia. Other promising medications and psychosocial treatments for suicidal people are being tested.
Still other research has found that many older adults and women who die by suicide saw their primary care providers in the year before death. Training doctors to recognize signs that a person may be considering suicide may help prevent even more suicides.
What should I do if someone I know is considering suicide?

If you know someone who is considering suicide, do not leave him or her alone. Try to get your loved one to seek immediate help from his or her doctor or the nearest hospital emergency room, or call 911. Remove any access he or she may have to firearms or other potential tools for suicide, including medications."

NIMH · Suicide in America: Frequently Asked Questions

I'll simper as long as it takes to help pull someone out of such deep blackness, Huggy. Unless you've been there yourself, not experienced it by association but actually have BEEN there yourself, you have no clue just how damaging your words are. So think what you like. This isn't about you. It's about someone else who reached out and now all you want to do is bitchslap them around.
I repeat: LEARN. And until then, stfu.

I'll simper as long as it takes to help pull someone out of such deep blackness, Huggy. Unless you've been there yourself, not experienced it by association but actually have BEEN there yourself, you have no clue just how damaging your words are. So think what you like. This isn't about you. It's about someone else who reached out and now all you want to do is bitchslap them around.
I repeat: LEARN. And until then, stfu.

You have no idea what I have been through...what I have faced..and what I have overcome.. I will not suggest you shut the fuck up. I like you in spite of the fact that you are full of shit sometimes. :lol:

And now for a musical interlude...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnWX0sbYR-Q&feature=related]YouTube - When the music's not forgotten[/ame]

Depression is pretty much universal. I'll bet almost 50 percent of all humans suffer through depression. Every case is different. Every single case. I'm on the fence about anti-depressants...I think they can be useful, to offer people a rest...or to teach them how they could feel, if they weren't depressed. But there are lots and lots of problems with drugs...from physical side effects, to increased severity of symptoms, to new symptoms, to psychosis, to addiction...a lot can go wrong with drugs.

I think more artists than other groups suffer from depression.

I like you too, Huggy. And you're right. I don't know diddly squat about you. Nor you me. And we rub each other the wrong way sometimes, but what doesn't break ya makes ya stronger. Here's to being stronger pals.
:cheers2:
:huddle:

One thing I would definitely suggest is that you never drink alcohol.

There is no drug I know of more likely to set people off into a depressive episode.

My guess is ( given that I think you are a Moslem, right?) that you don't drink alcohol.

I mention this issue just in case.

Question:
While we argued all night.... has anyone heard from our friend Fitnah?

I am genuinely concerned. If it were a joke a friend was playing with his username...its no longer funny!

If anyone has his ph number, please call him ASAP

I pm'd him my number... hope he calls

Last edited:
And suicides usually have *toyed* with it quite a few times before they do it. So the whole "you aren't serious if you do it THIS way" is totally inappropriate.

and yet you gave againshelia a hard time for saying she was close to suicide

She admitted she was trying to manipulate people into doing what she wanted. And THAT sort of behavior makes it extremely difficult for other people to be taken seriously.

Besides which, initially I was just asking her questions, trying to get specifics out of her. Then you spazzed out and jumped all over me and pissed me off.

She's posted some really bizarro shit in the past and I take everything she says with a grain of salt, btw.

There is no drug I know of more likely to set people off into a depressive episode.

My guess is ( given that I think you are a Moslem, right?) that you don't drink alcohol.

Now that is some funny shit right there.
People thinking Ima muslim.:lol::lol::lol:
Im gonna go buy a watermelon.
You all just relax.

Fuck you, Huggy.

Indeed.

There are other places on this board to troll and flame.

This thread should not be one of them.

Mr. F - my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you overcome your depression.

Now that is some funny shit right there.
People thinking Ima muslim.:lol::lol::lol:
Im gonna go buy a watermelon.
You all just relax.

:clap2:

How ya gonna cut it since everyone took away your sharp objects?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back