Ive been in a very dark place

Im nearly unipolar.
My Dr And I tried more antidrepressen pills
Im pretty comfortable with the level of suicidal tendencies I lived with , this try with Buspar was a disaster.
I going to try to remember Im not always totally depressed just for a time and try to remember I will have moments of less then sever depression.
For those who care thanks , for the rest.

Thanks for not giving a shit .I wouldn't wish this on you.

Do you think it wise to go to a doctor that is also on anti depressant pills? :lol:

Seriously contemplating the act of Suicide is stupid. Unless you can say you've done everything and enjoyed more than your share you've still got work to do. Buck up! Try watching a few comedies.. laughter really does help break the cycle. Also .. consider taking up a hobby that rewards your interest..like model airplane building ..flying an RC plane takes all of your concentration and gets your mind off of other things. I do dog training. It is rewarding to help another creature become all it can be. I don't think it is stupid to think "about" anything..that's why you have a mind..use it.

Physical pain can be crippling.. That is different. BUT...emotional pain can be beaten. Don't be a quitter!

That is all.

My thoughts to you Mr F. Buspar did nothing but give me hives. Im not unipolar. Paxil is what works for me. Always here to talk.

Im nearly unipolar.
Im pretty comfortable with the level of suicidal tendencies I lived with , this try with Buspar was a disaster.
I going to try to remember Im not always totally depressed just for a time and try to remember I will have moments of less then sever depression.

Been there, amigo.

No, you were not always depressed, and yes this time of blackness will pass.

I also tried buspar and also found it less than entirely satisfactory.

What did work for about six month, (just long enough to get me out of the depression cycle, I think) was Prozac.

Now, years later, I take marijuana prophelactically.

I am not advocating that for you, especially not now while you're still in that deep depression.

Maybe after you recover from this period, you might find an MD to talk to you about that medication.

There are millions of us American dealing with depression and some of us have found that marjiuana is the best long term drug we can take to keep the black dog (Churchill's term for his depressive episodes) at bay

But marijuana does NOT work for all depressives.

And in some cases, I am convinced that it is defintiely NOT the drug for some people dealing with depression.

Hang in there. It WILL get better.

Funny but Samson makes a little sense here. I think I was getting depressed after moving into a different department at work. It is so intense that I don't even want to be here anymore.

I started meditating after letting it fall by the wayside for awhile and I'm working out much more.

It helps.

Hope everything works out for you.

fitnah....honey...studies show...the more time you spend on the net...the more depressed you are apt to be....so samsons suggest may have merit ...get out and do something...start small....baby steps...

start flower beds or what you enjoy....take care of something....sometimes we will do more for others than we will do for ourselves. try not to put road blocks in the way of doing little things....

we are all temporary beings...but you really need to take up all the time you are given....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!" Bill McKenna

one of my favorite quotes...i would like it read at my passing....

and i think all of us have considered ending our journey from one time to another...but dear remember this....

suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.....

Im nearly unipolar.

We almost never agree, but I like you anyway.

My advice...don't doom the one (s) you love to thinking they could have done more. If you cannot be happy, dedicate your life to them and to people less fortunate. There are always people less fortunate.

:(

Please post again.

Hang in there friend. Get a new ktten, come here and mess with the trolls, or take a nice walk with your wife.

kittycat.jpg

Im nearly unipolar.

Been there, amigo.

No, you were not always depressed, and yes this time of blackness will pass.

I also tried buspar and also found it less than entirely satisfactory.

What did work for about six month, (just long enough to get me out of the depression cycle, I think) was Prozac.

Now, years later, I take marijuana prophelactically.

I am not advocating that for you, especially not now while you're still in that deep depression.

Maybe after you recover from this period, you might find an MD to talk to you about that medication.

There are millions of us American dealing with depression and some of us have found that marjiuana is the best long term drug we can take to keep the black dog (Churchill's term for his depressive episodes) at bay

But marijuana does NOT work for all depressives.

And in some cases, I am convinced that it is defintiely NOT the drug for some people dealing with depression.

Hang in there. It WILL get better.

:eusa_eh:

GL, Mr F.

Hang in there friend. Get a new ktten, come here and mess with the trolls, or take a nice walk with your wife.

kittycat.jpg

Im with you there EZ... a little kitten lovin... some good time with your loved ones...and chewing on the trolls!

We love ya Mr. F

Im nearly unipolar.

Sometimes alcohol and holidays don't mix well, since alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. I hope you are feeling much better today Mr. Fitnah, and invite you to come take a swim with me....now!!! *Splash*

Im nearly unipolar.

You know what? I don't believe a word of this. I don't agree with you much and seriously I don't even like this wisp of human contact you present here like many others. What kind of mind contemplates something so permanent and traumatic on their part and so hopelessly out of reach to help on our part on a fucking message board. Seriously.. somebody comes on to USMB to give us the readers this veiled threat of suicide. Ya right. Why not announce it to the world and live stream it so millions can feel like shit.

Better yet...post a picture of yourself for us so we can get at least a meaningful glimpse of what we are supposed to feel sorry for. AND forward your real name and address and phone number in a PM to a mod or Gunny. It'll be a real hoot. We can get all concerned-like and the mod can make a desperate attempt to reach the authorities to save your dumb ass.

Of all the humans you could be reaching out to...you anonymously share this on a message board. I think you are full of crap.

If you ask me your psychiatrist is a fucking idiot. If you are not just pulling our chain..he should have had you committed for observation. Maybe he doesn't like you any more than some here do.

People like you just thoroughly piss me off. Both of my brothers have attempted suicide twice each and I saved them from themselves and their stupidity. Thankfully they are both still alive over thirty years later.. Do ya think they thank me?..hell no..their lives are STILL fucked up but they know better than to do something stupid cuz I am watching them. Attempting to kill yourself is easy..Pissing of HUGGY is serious!

So what methods have you though about? I hope it is something real painful so when you fuck up and botch it you teach yourself a lesson.

Oh ya...thanks for sharing..

Im nearly unipolar.

Sometimes alcohol and holidays don't mix well, since alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. I hope you are feeling much better today Mr. Fitnah, and invite you to come take a swim with me....now!!! *Splash*

That wouldnt be as much fun as you think, Im not a good looking as the rest of the internet guys

After talking to my son I dont go" day to day" its " minute by minute" bad, good moment .by moment.
Its working some.
More rational.
But it is hard with some many things to do and so much jumble..

Everyone goes through the something.
Im not special

Fitnah, you need to get a fucking grip.

Go take a scalding hot shower, and go to bed, and get up tomorrow a 5 AM and run 5 miles.

Shit.

No disrespect, but this is a typical response from someone who has never experienced severe depression in their lives or those close to them. People who suffer from depression cannot "get a grip." It can take years to find the right mix of medications, diet, exercise, etc. In the meantime, you're still sick.

Forum List

Back