I've been hired to shoot another wedding

I did one back in '13, and I just didn't like how the pictures came out. Any advice on doing it?

I'll have three cameras, a Nikon D90, A Nikon D40, and a D3300.

The D40 will have an 18-55 lens the D3300 will have a 50mm f 1.8 prime lens and the D90 will have an 18-105 lens.

Any suggestions?
I have a D70 and D200. Used to have an F5 but luckily sold it before film went tits up. I shoot mostly landscape and some wildlife. But I'd be lost without my 2.8 70-200 VR lense. I also have a 1.5 teleconverter. A 200 would be great for a tight shot of the faces without getting too close. Less distortion that way too.

But where's the lighting? You need fill flash man. I have one that feeds the metering.

I've got a powerful external flash.

After a certain point, it has nothing to do with the camera. Light, angles and background must be kept in mind every minute. There was no mention of flash equipment; what do you plan to use? Also, know the lieu. Where can you get the best shot without Uncle Harry stepping in front of you to get the best shot, for example. But, there is far too much to it to go over everything here. Hope this much helps.
thanks, yeah I have an external flash and the other two cameras have their own flash.
You will definitely want to go with as many external flash apparatuses that you can screw onto your camera -- more like makes better photos.

But you will need a red-eye filter for your lens too then.
Thanks. I can take red eye out in the camera or in photo Shop. I'll have to run all the pictures through Photo Shop, for cropping, taking out little imperfections, color enhancements, etc.
Ah, you do have flash equipment. I don't shoot people much but one of the sync settings of the flash can reduce or eliminate it. Front or rear curtain, I forget.

Yes indeed, a flash is a must have for faces.

I'll sell them and donate the money to Trump.

I'm a professional photographer, but I don't do weddings. The word "bridezilla" exists for a reason.

If I may, can I ask why you put yourself out there to be hired for this? You haven't shot a wedding in four years and, admittedly, you weren't happy with those results.It just seems odd to me that A) you would agree to take this job and B) the happy couple would consider hiring you when you have no portfolio to speak of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. I'm just wondering why you are. Are these friends/family?

Forum List

Back