I've been asked...

...where I want to go, or what I want to see/do for my 40th birthday in Aug.

So...what do I want to see, what do I want to do, and where do I want to go?

Suggestions? I've done the whole drop $2000 in Vegas thing, so don't need to do that...

weekend in Paris.

That's our next trip only I want at least a week there. Then somewhere else for a week, maybe London.

Bar Harbor does look nice.. is it warm in the summertime?

It is lovely in the summer, from may through september, june/july/august being the warmest....

The temps will be in the mid to high 70's, maybe low 80's, but the nights are in the low 60's or high 50's , you can leave the windows opened at night and hear the waves hitting the cliffs and rocks from the hotel I mentioned and other hotels as well....make certain the hubby brings a wind breaker for the night time and you bring a sweater, but the days are warm enough and the sun shines all the time...last summer we might have gotten 5 days of rain the whole summer then the deepest bluest skies ever, not much in pollution, NIGHTS are absolutely incredible, you will see more stars and planets than you ever could in the rest of America or at least populated America.

We did have a heat spell last summer, where we had several days in the 90's but this is unusual...we went and bought some window air conditioners for the heat wave, then it went away in a few days and we were left with air conditioners we may never have to use again! :(

Matt and I have been to Maui on vacay and Bar Harbor area, called Downeast, in Maine, is just as lovely as Hawaii, IN THE SUMMER....the Winter....a WHOLE NUTHER STORY! :eek:

care

Last edited:
kennebunkport, maine is another great vacay spot, best beaches....goose rocks beach....not as pretty as here because they don't show the affects of the ice age retraction with the granite clifs or rocky cliffs, but they do have all the whale watching boats to take out...as they do in Bar Harbor as well...

I did the whale watching boat with my sister a few years ago when she came up from florida on vacay here and we saw at least 3 different types of whales, right next to the boat! even got wet from them blowing their water out they were so close...it was cool!

one NOTE: if you are used to the gulf of mexico and 85 degree water, you will NEVER see that up here, the beaches are for suntanning, drinking and eating, walking, the water is for the Canadians that vacay there, too cold for me!

changed plans.. Were going to Daytona Beach this year for some deep sea fishing instead of SC.

I still think that camping out in the desert under a full sky of a million stars would be killer. Bring a power generator and plug in the ole electric guitar and just rock the fuck out in the empty moonlit sky with only miles of nature to complain..

changed plans.. Were going to Daytona Beach this year for some deep sea fishing instead of SC.

I still think that camping out in the desert under a full sky of a million stars would be killer. Bring a power generator and plug in the ole electric guitar and just rock the fuck out in the empty moonlit sky with only miles of nature to complain..

It wouldn't be bad if you have an actual camper and could just sit outside watching the stars but sleeping on the ground? They have scorpians and snakes out there.

You could also use the generator for air conditioning though.. :razz:

ya.. a camper would be nice.. but we have black widows, brown recluse, copperheads and water moccasins too so.. i'd probably be on the lookout anyway.

The%20Milky%20Way%20as%20Seen%20From%20Death%20Valley.jpg

Actually, another option (which I learned in the Navy), is to take a cruise, wait until you're all the way out in the middle of the water, and then, when they turn out the lights outside, lay on your back and watch the Milky Way.

Never seen as many stars in my life, not even over in Montana.

Actually, another option (which I learned in the Navy), is to take a cruise, wait until you're all the way out in the middle of the water, and then, when they turn out the lights outside, lay on your back and watch the Milky Way.

Never seen as many stars in my life, not even over in Montana.

He couldn't play his electric guitar there, they'd throw him overboard.

...where I want to go, or what I want to see/do for my 40th birthday in Aug.

So...what do I want to see, what do I want to do, and where do I want to go?

Suggestions? I've done the whole drop $2000 in Vegas thing, so don't need to do that...

Come to Paphos in Cyprus, I'll be there from the 29th July until the 12th August.:cool:

she wants to relax, enjoy the scenery...why in the world would you being there help that?

Aww.. Be nice. I like Roomy. And he's even kinda cute.

Kinda.

I love Canada. We took a trip from Toronto through Montreal and Quebec and it was one of the most fun vacations ever.

I haven't done it yet but taking a train through the Canadian Rockies is told to be quite a breathtaking experience.

I used to ride the AMTRAK between Illinois and Tucson twice a year, and I've heard that so many times its now on my list of things to do before I go.

A really nice train ride is to go from San Francisco to Salt Lake City on the Empire Builder train.

When you go through the canyons of Colorado..........SPECTACULAR!

So have we made a decision yet???

I think so.. I'm really thinking Cape Cod... Sounds like it has everything I like packed in to one area.. Deep sea fishing, whale watching, antiques shopping, ferry rides, victorian inns, and oodles more...

Hey Dis, one other thing you should really do when you go out there is to travel up to the end of the MA penninsula, and go to a place called Provincetown.

I went there once with a girlfriend, and as we were walking down the street holding hands, everyone stared...........because 90 percent of the town is gay. It's also got great food, wonderful shops, and you can see the sunrise and sunset over the ocean from the same beach!

I highly recommend it.

Forum List

Back