I've become a one issue voter (national debt)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaughtInTheMid, Mar 14, 2012.

1. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Over the years (I'm older) I've become a one issue voter (reducing out national debt). So, of those that have a realistic chance of being elected, who do I vote for (President and Congress)?

Okay, I know that any President that is elected is going to massively add to our national debt. I just wanted to ask this question so that those of you who are gonna vote for specific candidates take ownership in the fact that they will add massively to our national debt. It's not on me, it's on you.

2. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,708
    Reducung the National Debt should be uppermost in every citizen's mind this election. ABO.

3. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,581
    No President reduces the National Debt. Not since like the 1950's.

The National Debt issue, thus, cannot be taken seriously. The National debt must be a phony fuckin' prop. It grows every year steadily for over 60-years and people still vote on the debt rhetoric? How many votes, to date, has this fooled people who vote the Nat'l Debt on? Someone do the math.

4. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,514

I'm not a one-issue voter, but I can sure as hell understand your concern. And I'm afraid I can't provide an answer, as I'm not convinced that either party has (or, more importantly, would follow through on) the right plan.

5. FireFly

FireFly Bright F**ker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +520
    The big debt spenders are way ahead in the polls. Obama, Romney & Santorum all believe in massive debt.

Gingrich is the only one to broker a budget that reduced debt. Ron Paul is anti debt.

Debt, redistribution & money creation are winning with voters. The only fight is over which groups get the new money.

6. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,581
    And no President will, from here forward. This all leads me to believe that the National Debt is a smokescreen, a fake issue.

We're supposed to believe that other Countries and the Fed are indebting us to become the strongest Military in the Universe? What if we don't pay? Are they going to send someone to break our knee caps? It's all bullshit.

7. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,514

x2.

8. FireFly

FireFly Bright F**ker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +520
    The main leverage they have over our debt is commodities prices mainly oil. This is why we are using the debt to fund the military to force them to keep the price down.

9. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    I'm with you IntheMiddle. Foreign policy and national debt/deficit spending.

GT, that has to be the most economically inept thought I've seen on this board yet.

A smoke screen? Really?

We're at over 100% debt to GDP, had a credit downgrade, deficit spend in the trillions and have over 15 trillion in debt. Right now, China has backed off buying our monetized debt. Japan and the UK, the two most indebted countries in the world are keeping us afloat and we run a major trade deficit with China.

People better wake up to the reality of our nations financial troubles at least enough to prepare themselves should we not find a correction in the very near future.

10. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,581
    ^ Which means it's one big circle jerk, which means it's a smokescreen issue.

The debt is irrelevant so long as we keep our Military Budget propped up higher than the next 20 Countries Combined. Next time I worry about the National Debt will be either when A: there becomes a one world Government or B: when they figure out how to download brains into computer chips, I live forever, and take over the world myself.

B is so unlikely to happen that I'm caught really not giving a ho0t.