CDZ Ivanka Trump sends email about government business using personal account....

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Really?

SBA-Correspondence-with-Ivanka-Trump-p3-normal.gif

Source: Emails Show Ivanka Trump Used Personal Email Account at White House - American Oversight

Yet again we see that there’s one rule for the Trump family and another for everyone else. It’s simply breathtaking that both Ivanka and Jared Kushner would conduct government on a personal email account after running a campaign centered on that very issue. The fact that they would brazenly ignore rules governing email use raises even more questions about their judgement and fitness to hold positions in the White House.​

Really?

Source: Emails Show Ivanka Trump Used Personal Email Account at White House - American Oversight

Yet again we see that there’s one rule for the Trump family and another for everyone else. It’s simply breathtaking that both Ivanka and Jared Kushner would conduct government on a personal email account after running a campaign centered on that very issue. The fact that they would brazenly ignore rules governing email use raises even more questions about their judgement and fitness to hold positions in the White House.​
Why not? It’s not like anyone is fined or arrested.

She does not seem like a stupid person.

So:

The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Or she is tired of being first lady and wants to help Trump lose the next election like only Sarah Palin could.

33,000 subpoenaed emails were withheld by Hillary Clinton. Clearly obstruction of justice and you say "no problem". But you are in a tizzy over one unclassified Ivanka email in support of women entrepreneurs. :confused-84:

Really?

"Touching base" and "assisting you" is not a scandal. You're gonna have to keep your shorts on and WAIT for emails that violate the Fed Records Act. OR MORE IMPORTANTLY -- National Security .

I don't know WHY this is so difficult. There are multiple CCs in the header to get this recorded on the Dot Gov system.

When there's a clear attempt to exclusively use this account in LIEU of the proper channels, you let us know. Or when the first sensitive and classified info is diverted into this channel...

Really?

"Touching base" and "assisting you" is not a scandal. You're gonna have to keep your shorts on and WAIT for emails that violate the Fed Records Act. OR MORE IMPORTANTLY -- National Security .

I don't know WHY this is so difficult. There are multiple CCs in the header to get this recorded on the Dot Gov system.

When there's a clear attempt to exclusively use this account in LIEU of the proper channels, you let us know. Or when the first sensitive and classified info is diverted into this channel...
"Touching base" and "assisting you" is not a scandal.

Seriously? You can erect that strawman for someone else, but you know damn well I'm not going to address it because 'touching base" and "assisting you" are not the issues being raised regarding the email.

Frankly, I'm insulted you tried that angle with me. (False dilemma with a straman.)

Last edited:
Really?

Is she the Secretary of State? Is the information Classified or above classified...and does it involve national security? Did she use the private e-mail to hide the criminal activity happening through the Clinton Foundation when she was selling her office to the highest bidder....?

When it gets to national security issues, get back to us.

Really?

Remind us again, what OFFICIAL position does Ivanka hold? Remember, "being married to the President" is not an OFFICIAL position.
You speak, to another poster, about a strawman. Isn't your OP a Strawman? Or can you point to where this is actually a scandal? Where Ivanka, in her "official" capacity within the White House, has attempted to keep this e-mail string out of the DOT GOV database. Where Ivanka has done anything to undermine the security of the US, or even come close. Where Ivanka has done anything that has not been done, and condoned, before?

Really?

Remind us again, what OFFICIAL position does Ivanka hold? Remember, "being married to the President" is not an OFFICIAL position.
You speak, to another poster, about a strawman. Isn't your OP a Strawman? Or can you point to where this is actually a scandal? Where Ivanka, in her "official" capacity within the White House, has attempted to keep this e-mail string out of the DOT GOV database. Where Ivanka has done anything to undermine the security of the US, or even come close. Where Ivanka has done anything that has not been done, and condoned, before?
Remind us again, what OFFICIAL position does Ivanka hold?

Special Assistant to the President

Remember, "being married to the President" is not an OFFICIAL position.

She's not married to the President. For all the horrible things Trump is, I don't think the man is incestuous, in spite of his occasional creepy remarks.

Really?

She's not married to the President. For all the horrible things Trump is, I don't think the man is incestuous, in spite of his occasional creepy remarks.
Oh, right, because I care sooo deeply, I confused Ivanka with Melania? is it?(neither one matter to me any more than Obama's wife and kid(s) matter, which is not very much as I don't even remember names...) Whatever. Point is, what has she done that is a violation of any law? What has she done that has not been condoned and/or minimized by elements on the left? What has she done that is so egregious that it rises to the level of scandal? Ask yourself this, "If this happened near the beginning of Obama's administration, what would your reaction have been?" I really don't care what the answer is, as long as you are honest with yourself.

Really?

Oh, right, because I care sooo deeply, I confused Ivanka with Melania? is it?(neither one matter to me any more than Obama's wife and kid(s) matter, which is not very much as I don't even remember names...) Whatever. Point is, what has she done that is a violation of any law? What has she done that has not been condoned and/or minimized by elements on the left? What has she done that is so egregious that it rises to the level of scandal? Ask yourself this, "If this happened near the beginning of Obama's administration, what would your reaction have been?" I really don't care what the answer is, as long as you are honest with yourself.

To tell you the truth, my position on Ivanka, Hillary, and any other principals using personal or government emails to talk about "whatever" is a matter of executive discretion. I have understood that to be the way of the world ever since my parents taught me what it meant when they said to me, "Do as I say, not as I do."

In any given environment, senior executives get the privilege of saying that to everyone else. In the home, parents are the executives. In the office the EVP/SVP and higher are the executives; in a single church it's the pastor; in a church as an organization, it's bishops, cardinals or a Pope; and in the government, it's cabinet secretaries and their direct-reports, members of Congress, SCOTUS jurists, and certain senior WH appointees.

The only reason I have anything to say about Ivanka's use of the email is to highlight what struck me as the utter absurdity of the argument I heard/saw from some quarters regarding what State Dept. policy/rules said about using personal email servers vis a vis the Clinton email affair.

I was one of the general partners of my firm before we sold it and now I'm a general partner in the firm that purchased ours. My original firm had rules and you or anyone else thought for a minute that I was going to be, unduly or merely to my dissatisfaction, constrained by those rules, all of y'all have another think comin'. Even though I'm in a much larger firm now, that is no different. At the senior levels of an organization, the substance of why rules exist is what matters, not whether one follows it to the very letter. People who cannot come to grips with that and in turn aptly exercise the great discretion they have as principals are not going to be maximally effective in their leadership role.

Forum List

Back