Ivan and Global Warming.

8236 said:
Is it just deserts for the world's worst environmental offender?

please. how many centuries have weather patterns off of africa into the atlantic develop into hurricanes? and for how many centuries have they tracked WNW and NNW into the florida/atlantic coast area?

quit with the idiotic assumptions of something you obviously don't have a clue about.

If 'we' are causing global warming, it'd be logical to assume 'somebody else' caused the Ice Age. The truth is, we haven't been following wide-spread global weather changes long enough to know the patterns.

Be MORE worried that the MOON is moving .5" per year away from the earth - when THAT goes, our orbit will no longer be stable, no tide control - talk about weird weather.

8236 said:

Would you care to explain how global warming is somehow responsble for hurricanes during hurricane season? yeah this is a pretty bad years but they have had years like this before. How is this any different?

Also there is little evidence that global warming is caused by humans, in fact there is more evidence that its just a cyclical climate change the planets been going through for the last billion years or so.

Oh and ive heard scientists recently discoved the sun is involved in global warming too...Not sure humans had anything to do with that one.

-=d=- said:
If 'we' are causing global warming, it'd be logical to assume 'somebody else' caused the Ice Age. The truth is, we haven't been following wide-spread global weather changes long enough to know the patterns.

Be MORE worried that the MOON is moving .5" per year away from the earth - when THAT goes, our orbit will no longer be stable, no tide control - talk about weird weather.
I think we should be seriously worried about our sun going supernova in the next 4 trillion years, don't you?

DKSuddeth said:
I think we should be seriously worried about our sun going supernova in the next 4 trillion years, don't you?

Oh no! We..we.. have to do something about this! We need to make a law that says all people should be given free sun block. We dont have time to see if this is a serious threat first. we need to act!

Oh no! We..we.. have to do something about this! We need to make a law that says all people should be given free sun block. We dont have time to see if this is a serious threat first. we need to act!
we better give up on considering solar energy as an alternate power source, since the sun's going to die anyway, right?

Uh...I think it's 500B years...MUCH sooner than you expect Duane. :)

Maybe God sent the hurricanes to punish Florida for its Gay-'Special Rights' support?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
DKSuddeth said:
we better give up on considering solar energy as an alternate power source, since the sun's going to die anyway, right?

Yeah we should try to find some other sources of energy like coal or oil. i heard those are good.

-=d=- said:

Maybe God sent the hurricanes to punish Florida for its Gay-'Special Rights' support?

Maybe who knows. Or Maybe God is just sending them Hurricanes so they get off their butts and vote for the right person this time. I mean we were several hundred votes away from disaster four years ago!

Seriously though, we all know its the Bush administration, more particularly Karl Rove, who is behind the Hurricanes. he is just pure evil.

DKSuddeth said:

The sun will first explode into a "nova", then it will colapse into itself and explode once again, turning into a "supernova".

Our solar system will be completely wiped out.

-=d=- said:
I have insider information, thank you very much. :321: ;)

-=d=- said:
Impossible. somebody would have had to name it Liberace for those stupid floridians to get the hint that hurricanes are frequent and dangerous.

gop_jeff said:
I saw Ivan and immediately thought of Russia/USSR. I was wondering what the hell they had to do with global warming...

Damn Jeff, Chirac came to mind for me!

8236 said:
Worst environmental offender?

Are you kidding?

Have you been to Southern Asia lately? Ever hear of the "Asian Brown Cloud"? The air in all the major cities of Southern Asia is so polluted that even on sunny days it seems cloudy.

Get off you anti-America high horse and look at the facts! Most of the manufacturing jobs are in Asia now, and with them went the pollution. The reason being that it's cheaper there and that those countries don't have the laws that protect their environment.

Along comes a hurricane and all of the sudden, it's America's fault! Now we're breathing too hard!

If you liberal whackos really wanted to do something about global warming, you'd start by closing your big mouths. You're so full of hot air, you could get a job as a dirigible.

Pale Rider said:
The sun will first explode into a "nova", then it will colapse into itself and explode once again, turning into a "supernova".

Our solar system will be completely wiped out.

No, in a few billion years, the Sun will swell into a red giant and swallow up the Eearth....

then after a few biilion years, it will burn out then collapse, leaving nothing but a brown dwarf star about the size of the Earth. After that it will just be a cold dark star floating in space. We will be gone as will most of the inner planets. The outer planets will probably have vaporized too.

The sun doesn't have enough mass to become a nova or a supernova. For it to do that, it would have to be three times more massive than it is now.

DKSuddeth said:

The sun won't go nova. It doesnt have enough energy. It will become a Red giant in about 500 Billion years or so. That will be the end of the first 4 planets of the solar system. Good news is that you can by Beach front property on Saturn now and itll be worth alot of money then. :mm:

KarlMarx said:
No, in a few billion years, the Sun will swell into a red giant and swallow up the Eearth....

then after a few biilion years, it will burn out then collapse, leaving nothing but a brown dwarf star about the size of the Earth. After that it will just be a cold dark star floating in space. We will be gone as will most of the inner planets. The outer planets will probably have vaporized too.

The sun doesn't have enough mass to become a nova or a supernova. For it to do that, it would have to be three times more massive than it is now.

Great minds think alike, lol.

Forum List

Back